This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

Fuck Yes.

Thanks to Chris Hardwick for the heads up. =)
#2 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

OK so the book was already slightly creepy, but man WTF that opening scene is CREEPY

#3 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

And yes, I am looking forward to this. Looks awesome.

#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I remember reading the book as a kid and that was in the 60's. Looks great, I like movies like this. They bring the wonderment of adventure back into my life and remind me of what it was like to dream a little dream.

#5 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

Does Hollywood need to make every book into a movie? I'm not sure about this movie yet.

#6 Posted by deathfury (531 posts) -

I am still waiting for my Cloudy With A Side Of Meatballs movie!

#7 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

I think it looks pretty creative and awesome. I like how it looks as it will appeal to a more mature audience also.

#8 Posted by RogueBomber12 (105 posts) -
deathfury said:
"I am still waiting for my Cloudy With A Side Of Meatballs movie!"

yes that would be the wierdest, funniest movie. And I loved that book as a kid.
#9 Edited by MSG (188 posts) -

Ummm.... they are making a movie out of that, coming out this year no less.   
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844471/

Also, good choice of music in the trailer.  Not my favorite Arcade Fire song by a long shot, but its a good fit thematically speaking.

#10 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

I remember reading that book when I was a little kid. Am I the only one that thought the book was really strange...? (I liked it, but the monsters faces freaked me out)

#11 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -
RetroIce4 said:
"I remember reading that book when I was a little kid. Am I the only one that thought the book was really strange...? (I liked it, but the monsters faces freaked me out)"
Nah, when I was little that book used to really scare me but I used to get scared pretty easily. I think most kids get scared of that book though.
#12 Posted by deathfury (531 posts) -
MSG said:
"Ummm.... they are making a movie out of that, coming out this year no less.   
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844471/Also, good choice of music in the trailer.  Not my favorite Arcade Fire song by a long shot, but its a good fit thematically speaking."
Oh man... That is not the way I want a Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs movie, it should be live action, and be a drama!
#13 Edited by Mercator (365 posts) -

Great song choice, looks excellent.

Spike Jonze never disappoints.

mod edit by suneku: sorry, missed the duplicate thread so just continue in this thread since it has more responses already.