Which game should be made into a movie?

swf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By swf89

I think that world of warcraft would make a great movie and would be enjoyable to make.

swf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By swf89

I think that world of warcraft would make a great movie and would be enjoyable to make.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Bayonetta. I don't really know why, it just kinda popped into my head. It could be amazing if the action is done well.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By No0b0rAmA

World in Conflict.

lil_cheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By lil_cheeks

i know i will probably get beat up for this on here but I am still all about a Halo movie.  Not just because I enjoy the game, but I think the CG would be unbelievable (assuming someone good directed it) 

If not Halo, I would go for Splinter Cell.  That latest Splinter Cell could easily be a movie and would be great.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
@lil_cheeks said:
" i know i will probably get beat up for this on here but I am still all about a Halo movie.  Not just because I enjoy the game, but I think the CG would be unbelievable (assuming someone good directed it)  If not Halo, I would go for Splinter Cell.  That latest Splinter Cell could easily be a movie and would be great. "
Nobody gets beaten up here! :) 

I too think Halo would make an awesome movie. There's a lot of fiction there that could be explored.
chubisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chubisaur
@swf89: I think they are making one  http://www.warcraft-themovie.com/ 

I think I would like to see a Legend of Zelda movie.. but wait. Then they'd probably make Link talk, and ruin everything. So never mind.  
Games should be left as games IMO.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

i would like to see a splinter cell movie. it would be cool to see that.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By BulletproofMonk

None of them.

Natalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Natalia

Dragon Age.

lil_cheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By lil_cheeks
@BulletproofMonk said:
" None of them. "
Thanks for your great input....
tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By tranquilchaos
@BulletproofMonk said:
" None of them. "
Agreed. Use some creativity and make something new. I don't need to see the same thing I played in a game retread on the movie screen. 
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Dylabaloo

I think i'm in the camp of none, games are so derivative of other mediums in there story and are quite broad which works for the games but when put into other mediums solely based on story they don't hold up well. Games are pretty much Game Mechanics>Graphics/art style>story. While their are some cases like heavy rain that try to focus on story that would still be a B thriller movie if put on to a screen as for splinter cell it would be pretty much Bourne identity or a guy killing dudes stealthily for a hour in the dark or a story you don't recognize so you'll be pissed. Games just have to mature a bit more, story is kinda relatively new in games, give it time to grow.

TucanSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TucanSam

If they would make it good i would want a Bioshock movie
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
@chubisaur said:
" @swf89: I think they are making one  http://www.warcraft-themovie.com/  I think I would like to see a Legend of Zelda movie.. but wait. Then they'd probably make Link talk, and ruin everything. So never mind.  Games should be left as games IMO. "
No, it could be a subtitled film, and everyone would just make weird noises as the text rolls by. That would be so amazing.
ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ryoma122

intresting no one has said a heavy rain cgi with the game play removed

chubisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chubisaur
@JJWeatherman: weird noises.. what like the Animal Crossing babble? hahaha. in that case, yes it would be amazing :)
Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Goldanas
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JJWeatherman
@chubisaur said:
" @JJWeatherman: weird noises.. what like the Animal Crossing babble? hahaha. in that case, yes it would be amazing :) "
Yeah, like how Midna speaks in Twilight Princess.  xD
iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iKANNIBAL

As i said before in a type thread like this, the obvious answer would be Assassin's Creed 2 

its the only game i know of, that cannot be directly linked to another film or novel because of its originality D:

chubisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chubisaur
@JJWeatherman: That would be so bizarre, to have a live action movie with that sort of dialogue, yet awesome :D lol
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jack268
@Dylabaloo said:
" I think i'm in the camp of none, games are so derivative of other mediums in there story and are quite broad which works for the games but when put into other mediums solely based on story they don't hold up well. Games are pretty much Game Mechanics>Graphics/art style>story. While their are some cases like heavy rain that try to focus on story that would still be a B thriller movie if put on to a screen as for splinter cell it would be pretty much Bourne identity or a guy killing dudes stealthily for a hour in the dark or a story you don't recognize so you'll be pissed. Games just have to mature a bit more, story is kinda relatively new in games, give it time to grow. "
For me it goes game mechanics>story>graphics. Just saying. 

Anyway, as people have said Splinter Cell: Conviction is pretty much a movie in terms of script, so it'd probably do well. I could see a Warcraft movie happening too, but only if it was made using whatever they used for the cutscenes in Warcraft 3. Those were awesome. But the lore is kinda unbalanced now with World of Warcraft, and it'd make sense for Blizzard to save the lore for use in future expansions.

I'd also like to add that I liked Street Fighter from 1994. The movie was hilarious and I want moar like that. The legend of Chun-Li from 2009 sucked balls because they went all serious with the story and stuff. In the original Street Fighter film, all the characters were recognisable because they looked similiar to their game counterparts. NOONE in the 2009 movie looks anything like their in game counterpart, and the movie just feels generic. The Ties that Bind (The street fighter anime movie from last year) was awesome though. 
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#22  Edited By citizenkane

Games That Need to Be Adapted Into Film

I know a lot of these are "in the works", but until I see a trailer for any of them, I will still be in disbelief.

1. Assassin's Creed

The second game is way better, but you can't make the second film without having to make the first one as well.

2. BioShock
3. Deus Ex
4. Halo: Combat Evolved

After watching District 9 with what little budget it had, I am wanting to see a Neill Bloomkamp Halo movie with the kind of budget Peter Jackson would be able to give him ever more.

5. Gears of War

It would be like a modern Predator movie. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Marcus Fenix. You know you want it.

6. Grand Theft Auto IV
7. Mass Effect
8. Max Payne

I mean a GOOD adaptation.

9. Metal Gear Solid
10. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By lead_farmer
@JJWeatherman: who would you want to play the lead role?
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JJWeatherman
@lead_farmer said:
" @JJWeatherman: who would you want to play the lead role? "
For Bayonetta? I don't know. I haven't thought about it. I'll try to think of someone good.
iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iKANNIBAL

Wouldn't Grand Theft Auto be like every Mafia movie ever made though? 

Vice City was basicaly Scarface 
San Andreas was basicaly Boyz n the hood (lol)