#1 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

#2 Edited by NTM (7344 posts) -

I'm sure there's going to be more people that say The Dark Knight Rises, and I can't blame them, but I'm hoping more people are excited about Prometheus and go see that (as well as Batman), 'cause that's going to be amazing. I had just noticed a few minutes ago, that ever since seeing the first Prometheus trailer, it's bogged my mind, 'cause while I was and still am excited about Batman, I had totally forgotten about it because of Prometheus. Either way, I will definitely go see both of these films, but I'm just a little bit more excited about Prometheus. Hopefully none of them will disappoint. I should have chosen C, but I picked A.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4667 posts) -

Never heard of Prometheus.

You know what I have heard of? Avengers. Which is why I voted D.

#4 Edited by NTM (7344 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

You've never heard of Prometheus? Fuck you! No, just kidding. That's too extreme, but you should have heard of it. Also, no, the Avengers is going to be average at best. Have you no interest in the Alien franchise, or the best of sci-fi? How dare you. Whatever, your choice is fine, but I made a point in not adding that specific film to the poll.

#5 Posted by PirateNeal (268 posts) -

Yeah, I think the big two are Dark Knight Rises and Avengers this summer

#6 Posted by Stepside (509 posts) -

Diablo III

#7 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Avengers or Brave.

#8 Posted by DonChipotle (2730 posts) -

Well I did not like Dark Knight and I am still not convinced on Prometheus so my answer is Brave.

#9 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

Man, Avengers isn't going to be a smart enough film. That's the biggest problem with it compared to Prometheus or The Dark Knight Rises. Maybe Avengers will get more money than Prometheus, and maybe even The Dark Knight Rises (although I hope not), but it'll have less of a chance to get any awards. I'll admit some of it looked cool, like when Iron Man was being chased by that big alien ship thing, but still. No!

#10 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Prometheus. Literally not even close to a hard choice.

#11 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

I like your choice.

#12 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@NTM said:

Man, Avengers isn't going to be a smart enough film. That's the biggest problem with it compared to Prometheus or The Dark Knight Rises. Maybe Avengers will get more money than Prometheus, and maybe even The Dark Knight Rises (although I hope not), but it'll have less of a chance to get any awards. I'll admit some of it looked cool, like when Iron Man was being chased by that big alien ship thing, but still. No!

I'm not really expecting a smart film, I'm expecting a good looking summer blockbuster with some of my favorite superheroes working together.

And that's all I need from that movie.

#13 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
@matthias2437

This. I haven't been this excite for a film in a long time. Ridley Scott + Sci-Fi = amazing.
#14 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (715 posts) -

the dark knight rises

#15 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

I'm not really expecting a smart film, I'm expecting a good looking summer blockbuster with some of my favorite superheroes working together.

That's... fine; still. Boooo! You're looking to go in and pay for something you don't have to think much about. I consider that a waste of money on something not considered entirely all that special, and in doing so, we'll receive more stuff not very special. There's a reason film is considered art. I shouldn't disregard it just yet, because I may be wrong, and I shouldn't disagree with you or anyone else's opinion, but as of right now, I'm fine in doing so. No arguments intended 'cause no one needs that on such a topic (or on any topic), but still, I feel strongly about Prometheus, and that is the correct choice. People must go see it, but before, they must watch Alien and Aliens, this is if they love sci-fi, and if you don't, we will never speak again. Kidding.

#16 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

Batman Batman Batman

#17 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@NTM said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

That's... fine; still. Boooo! You're looking to go in and pay for something you don't have to think much about. I consider that a waste of money on something not considered entirely all that special, and in doing so, we'll receive more stuff not very special. There's a reason film is considered art. I shouldn't disregard it just yet, because I may be wrong, and I shouldn't disagree with you or anyone else's opinion, but as of right now, I'm fine in doing so. No arguments intended 'cause no one needs that on such a topic (or on any topic), but still, I feel strongly about Prometheus, and that is the correct choice. People must go see it, but before, they must watch Alien and Aliens, this is if they love sci-fi, and if you don't, we will never speak again. Kidding.

You don't say.

I don't think anything has to be intellectually stimulating to be entertaining or to be considered art, maybe I'm just a simple guy. I can enjoy some good eyecandy effects and some incredibly well directed action as much as a smart, witty script and a well told story.

Then again; I don't give 2 shits about the Alien franchise, so maybe that's why I'm not excited about Prometheus.

#18 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

You don't say.

I don't think anything has to be intellectually stimulating to be entertaining or to be considered art, maybe I'm just a simple guy. I can enjoy some good eyecandy effects and some incredibly well directed action as much as a smart, witty script and a well told story.

Then again; I don't give 2 shits about the Alien franchise, so maybe that's why I'm not excited about Prometheus.

More like you just took two shits on my soul. Just for that, big bird will eat your guts for eternity.

#19 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@NTM: I think you need to distance yourself from this stuff a little bit. D:

#20 Posted by BisonHero (6452 posts) -

So unbelievably excited for Battleship. It better be the dumbest thing ever.

#21 Edited by uniform (1835 posts) -

Prometheus. Not just because I love Alien. I'm hesitant to really get excited about Dark Knight Rises, simply because of the part 3 syndrome.

#22 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

I haven't given a damn about avengers since I heard about it, but I can't wait for Dark Knight Rises.

#23 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Ha ha. I was kidding around. Although I am really excited about the film. That's all.

#24 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@NTM: I'm not sure I believe you! *locks all doors and closes all windows*

#25 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@BisonHero: Oh yeahhh. That'll probably not get very good reception, but at least it's nice to see that there's another sci-fi movie coming out. I'm not sure what I think about it yet.

#26 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

Though I really do want to see Prometheus, I will say that The Dark Knight Rises is something I've been waiting for since The Dark Knight.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (24421 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises, easily. I'm interested in Prometheus, but I want to see how Nolan is ending his Batman trilogy even more.

#28 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@Pr1mus: That movie looks fucking terrible. There's already another film like that, and while it's not so comedic, it'd probably still make me angry. Not even close to cathartic.

#29 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Dark Knight Rises, but I am really hyped for Prometheus as well. I am hyped for several other Summer movies too such as the Avengers.

#30 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@Pr1mus: Falling Down was a fine film, but the actions from the character were somewhat justified in a way. Well, more so than what you see there. I'm not in it.

#31 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

@NTM said:

@FLStyle said:

You've never heard of Prometheus? Fuck you! No, just kidding. That's too extreme, but you should have heard of it. Also, no, the Avengers is going to be average at best. Have you no interest in the Alien franchise, or the best of sci-fi? How dare you. Whatever, your choice is fine, but I made a point in not adding that specific film to the poll.

So because you have decided before a film's release that it won't be very good, we can't voice our excitement about it?

#32 Posted by heartily24 (7 posts) -

ofcourse it's dark knight rises.. it was?

#33 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@JeffGoldblum: No, you can. I was joking a bit up there. I don't care what anyone thinks really, and you can voice your opinion on whatever it is you want to.

#34 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

@JeffGoldblum said:

@NTM said:

@FLStyle said:

So because you have decided before a film's release that it won't be very good, we can't voice our excitement about it?

Yeah you kind of seem to be shitting on anyone who doesn't pick one of these movies. I picked TDKR but Avengers is a really close second and Prometheus is a distant fourth after Brave but that's because I'm not an Alien superfan. Also "God Bless America" looks like the most cathartic movie in a long time. Maybe just accept peoples opinions and move on?

#35 Posted by NTM (7344 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@JeffGoldblum said:

@NTM said:

@FLStyle said:

Yeah you kind of seem to be shitting on anyone who doesn't pick one of these movies. I picked TDKR but Avengers is a really close second and Prometheus is a distant fourth after Brave but that's because I'm not an Alien superfan. Also "God Bless America" looks like the most cathartic movie in a long time. Maybe just accept peoples opinions and move on?

Would you like me to take a shit on you? Just kidding. I'm fine with others opinions. I don't really care that much, otherwise I shouldn't/wouldn't have made a poll.

#36 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Dark Knight Rises, although Prometheus looks awesome too. Avengers and Brave look pretty good, and I'm also really excited to see Battleship because I'm sure it will be awful in the most hilarious way possible.

#37 Posted by Andorski (5287 posts) -

Avengers, due to curiosity over what a Joss Whedon comic book movie would be like.

#38 Posted by Castiel (2580 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

+ 1

I have close to no interest in the next Batman flick.

#39 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

Did Ridley Scott rescue you from near death? You seem ready to eviscerate yourself at the thought that someone might prefer to watch any film over Prometheus this summer. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about it, exactly because I'm such a fan of his earlier work. Scott hasn't made a truly great film in awhile. Some OK stuff, but that's about it. So I don't have much confidence that he's going to all of the sudden find his old stride again. I'd go watch it, for sure, but I'd go see Dark Knight Rises first. Nolan is at the top of his game right now; Scott isn't.

#40 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I really am excited for Prometheus (so much so that I'm actually avoiding all trailers as of its announcement) but I really need to know what TDKR is.

I voted B.

#41 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

Either the Dark Knight Rises or Avengers, Joss Whedon does not disapoint.

#42 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Before that new trailer it would have been The Dark Knight, BUT HOLY SHIT WAS THE NEW PROMETHEUS TRAILER GOOD!

#43 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1630 posts) -

The Avengers

#44 Posted by Chris86 (65 posts) -

The first sci-fi film Ridley Scott has made since Blade Runner? Never mind a movie from this summer, I'm more excited about Prometheus than any other movie this decade.

#45 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Both. I guess Dark Knight kinda wins out because I feel safer with that, like I know with 99.9% probability that I will adore that film, and I'm pretty sure I'll love Prometheus too but it still needs to prove itself a little more.