Which summer film are you more excited about?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

I'm sure there's going to be more people that say The Dark Knight Rises, and I can't blame them, but I'm hoping more people are excited about Prometheus and go see that (as well as Batman), 'cause that's going to be amazing. I had just noticed a few minutes ago, that ever since seeing the first Prometheus trailer, it's bogged my mind, 'cause while I was and still am excited about Batman, I had totally forgotten about it because of Prometheus. Either way, I will definitely go see both of these films, but I'm just a little bit more excited about Prometheus. Hopefully none of them will disappoint. I should have chosen C, but I picked A.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By FLStyle

Never heard of Prometheus.

You know what I have heard of? Avengers. Which is why I voted D.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

@FLStyle said:

You've never heard of Prometheus? Fuck you! No, just kidding. That's too extreme, but you should have heard of it. Also, no, the Avengers is going to be average at best. Have you no interest in the Alien franchise, or the best of sci-fi? How dare you. Whatever, your choice is fine, but I made a point in not adding that specific film to the poll.

PirateNeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PirateNeal

Yeah, I think the big two are Dark Knight Rises and Avengers this summer

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Stepside

Diablo III

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

Avengers or Brave.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By donchipotle

Well I did not like Dark Knight and I am still not convinced on Prometheus so my answer is Brave.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

Man, Avengers isn't going to be a smart enough film. That's the biggest problem with it compared to Prometheus or The Dark Knight Rises. Maybe Avengers will get more money than Prometheus, and maybe even The Dark Knight Rises (although I hope not), but it'll have less of a chance to get any awards. I'll admit some of it looked cool, like when Iron Man was being chased by that big alien ship thing, but still. No!

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By matthias2437

Prometheus. Literally not even close to a hard choice.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

@matthias2437 said:

I like your choice.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

@NTM said:

Man, Avengers isn't going to be a smart enough film. That's the biggest problem with it compared to Prometheus or The Dark Knight Rises. Maybe Avengers will get more money than Prometheus, and maybe even The Dark Knight Rises (although I hope not), but it'll have less of a chance to get any awards. I'll admit some of it looked cool, like when Iron Man was being chased by that big alien ship thing, but still. No!

I'm not really expecting a smart film, I'm expecting a good looking summer blockbuster with some of my favorite superheroes working together.

And that's all I need from that movie.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By joshthebear
@matthias2437

This. I haven't been this excite for a film in a long time. Ridley Scott + Sci-Fi = amazing.
Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the dark knight rises

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

I'm not really expecting a smart film, I'm expecting a good looking summer blockbuster with some of my favorite superheroes working together.

That's... fine; still. Boooo! You're looking to go in and pay for something you don't have to think much about. I consider that a waste of money on something not considered entirely all that special, and in doing so, we'll receive more stuff not very special. There's a reason film is considered art. I shouldn't disregard it just yet, because I may be wrong, and I shouldn't disagree with you or anyone else's opinion, but as of right now, I'm fine in doing so. No arguments intended 'cause no one needs that on such a topic (or on any topic), but still, I feel strongly about Prometheus, and that is the correct choice. People must go see it, but before, they must watch Alien and Aliens, this is if they love sci-fi, and if you don't, we will never speak again. Kidding.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Philantrophy

Batman Batman Batman

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cloudenvy

@NTM said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

That's... fine; still. Boooo! You're looking to go in and pay for something you don't have to think much about. I consider that a waste of money on something not considered entirely all that special, and in doing so, we'll receive more stuff not very special. There's a reason film is considered art. I shouldn't disregard it just yet, because I may be wrong, and I shouldn't disagree with you or anyone else's opinion, but as of right now, I'm fine in doing so. No arguments intended 'cause no one needs that on such a topic (or on any topic), but still, I feel strongly about Prometheus, and that is the correct choice. People must go see it, but before, they must watch Alien and Aliens, this is if they love sci-fi, and if you don't, we will never speak again. Kidding.

You don't say.

I don't think anything has to be intellectually stimulating to be entertaining or to be considered art, maybe I'm just a simple guy. I can enjoy some good eyecandy effects and some incredibly well directed action as much as a smart, witty script and a well told story.

Then again; I don't give 2 shits about the Alien franchise, so maybe that's why I'm not excited about Prometheus.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@NTM said:

You don't say.

I don't think anything has to be intellectually stimulating to be entertaining or to be considered art, maybe I'm just a simple guy. I can enjoy some good eyecandy effects and some incredibly well directed action as much as a smart, witty script and a well told story.

Then again; I don't give 2 shits about the Alien franchise, so maybe that's why I'm not excited about Prometheus.

More like you just took two shits on my soul. Just for that, big bird will eat your guts for eternity.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cloudenvy

@NTM: I think you need to distance yourself from this stuff a little bit. D:

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By BisonHero

So unbelievably excited for Battleship. It better be the dumbest thing ever.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uniform

Prometheus. Not just because I love Alien. I'm hesitant to really get excited about Dark Knight Rises, simply because of the part 3 syndrome.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fourby

I haven't given a damn about avengers since I heard about it, but I can't wait for Dark Knight Rises.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NTM

@Cloudenvy: Ha ha. I was kidding around. Although I am really excited about the film. That's all.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cloudenvy

@NTM: I'm not sure I believe you! *locks all doors and closes all windows*

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

@BisonHero: Oh yeahhh. That'll probably not get very good reception, but at least it's nice to see that there's another sci-fi movie coming out. I'm not sure what I think about it yet.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By Sooperspy

Though I really do want to see Prometheus, I will say that The Dark Knight Rises is something I've been waiting for since The Dark Knight.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel

The Dark Knight Rises, easily. I'm interested in Prometheus, but I want to see how Nolan is ending his Batman trilogy even more.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM

@Pr1mus: That movie looks fucking terrible. There's already another film like that, and while it's not so comedic, it'd probably still make me angry. Not even close to cathartic.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Knight Rises, but I am really hyped for Prometheus as well. I am hyped for several other Summer movies too such as the Avengers.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

@Pr1mus: Falling Down was a fine film, but the actions from the character were somewhat justified in a way. Well, more so than what you see there. I'm not in it.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeffgoldblum

@NTM said:

@FLStyle said:

You've never heard of Prometheus? Fuck you! No, just kidding. That's too extreme, but you should have heard of it. Also, no, the Avengers is going to be average at best. Have you no interest in the Alien franchise, or the best of sci-fi? How dare you. Whatever, your choice is fine, but I made a point in not adding that specific film to the poll.

So because you have decided before a film's release that it won't be very good, we can't voice our excitement about it?

heartily24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By heartily24

ofcourse it's dark knight rises.. it was?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NTM

@JeffGoldblum: No, you can. I was joking a bit up there. I don't care what anyone thinks really, and you can voice your opinion on whatever it is you want to.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@JeffGoldblum said:

@NTM said:

@FLStyle said:

So because you have decided before a film's release that it won't be very good, we can't voice our excitement about it?

Yeah you kind of seem to be shitting on anyone who doesn't pick one of these movies. I picked TDKR but Avengers is a really close second and Prometheus is a distant fourth after Brave but that's because I'm not an Alien superfan. Also "God Bless America" looks like the most cathartic movie in a long time. Maybe just accept peoples opinions and move on?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NTM

@MariachiMacabre said:

@JeffGoldblum said:

@NTM said:

@FLStyle said:

Yeah you kind of seem to be shitting on anyone who doesn't pick one of these movies. I picked TDKR but Avengers is a really close second and Prometheus is a distant fourth after Brave but that's because I'm not an Alien superfan. Also "God Bless America" looks like the most cathartic movie in a long time. Maybe just accept peoples opinions and move on?

Would you like me to take a shit on you? Just kidding. I'm fine with others opinions. I don't really care that much, otherwise I shouldn't/wouldn't have made a poll.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By mazik765

Dark Knight Rises, although Prometheus looks awesome too. Avengers and Brave look pretty good, and I'm also really excited to see Battleship because I'm sure it will be awful in the most hilarious way possible.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andorski

Avengers, due to curiosity over what a Joss Whedon comic book movie would be like.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By Castiel

@matthias2437 said:

+ 1

I have close to no interest in the next Batman flick.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frankfartmouth

Did Ridley Scott rescue you from near death? You seem ready to eviscerate yourself at the thought that someone might prefer to watch any film over Prometheus this summer. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about it, exactly because I'm such a fan of his earlier work. Scott hasn't made a truly great film in awhile. Some OK stuff, but that's about it. So I don't have much confidence that he's going to all of the sudden find his old stride again. I'd go watch it, for sure, but I'd go see Dark Knight Rises first. Nolan is at the top of his game right now; Scott isn't.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#40  Edited By Little_Socrates

I really am excited for Prometheus (so much so that I'm actually avoiding all trailers as of its announcement) but I really need to know what TDKR is.

I voted B.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dillonwerner

Either the Dark Knight Rises or Avengers, Joss Whedon does not disapoint.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By benpicko

Before that new trailer it would have been The Dark Knight, BUT HOLY SHIT WAS THE NEW PROMETHEUS TRAILER GOOD!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

The Avengers

Avatar image for deactivated-5920db24c8cbf
deactivated-5920db24c8cbf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first sci-fi film Ridley Scott has made since Blade Runner? Never mind a movie from this summer, I'm more excited about Prometheus than any other movie this decade.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both. I guess Dark Knight kinda wins out because I feel safer with that, like I know with 99.9% probability that I will adore that film, and I'm pretty sure I'll love Prometheus too but it still needs to prove itself a little more.