Words of Radiance (sequel to Way of Kings).

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

So, some of you might have already gotten your hands on it, but the rest of us are waiting until the clock strikes 12.

First of all, how excited are you? For those that already have the book, how are you enjoying it so far (no spoilers). Lastly, is anyone interested in using this thread as a platform for discussing the book as we go through it? Everything should be spoiler tagged (just add the last chapter you read in brackets).

Ex: blahblahblahblah when blahblah Kaladin blahblah Shallan blahblah Szeth wrecks shit etc (chapter 67)

Not sure if there's any recognition of this series here on the giant bomb forums. This might get zero responses, but I decided to throw this out there just in case.

And for those of you who are curious, this is about the upcoming (tomorrow) book in the Stormlight Archive fantasy series.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

A link and some context would be cool if you're not certain about its popularity on this site.

(I haven't the foggiest clue what you're talking about)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

He's talking about the latest Fire Emblem fan fic. You should totally read it. The Soren/Shinon love scene blew my mind.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aegon

A link and some context would be cool if you're not certain about its popularity on this site.

Well, if you don't know what I'm talking about it's kind of pointless, unless you want to commit yourself to 2000 pages of epic fantasy?

But I'll add the info anyways.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I totally forgot this book was coming out this year! I just started my re-read of Way of Kings so I'll be a bit behind on picking this one up. Can't wait though!

Still amazes me how Sanderson can just churn out stories and have them all be just great and fun reads.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm totally going to some sort of midnight launch party in like 90 minutes where I will probably interact with some... *ahem* interesting people. I thought I liked Sanderson's books, but apparently I don't when compared to some of the people I've encountered at previous launch events.

Pretty stoked though. The Way of Kings was pretty great (perhaps a bit... expository for my tastes, but whatever, it's the first book and it has the right to try to set up the world), and Sanderson is a good author. I'll be interested in seeing how he handles his own lengthy Fantasy series now that he's done finishing The Wheel of Time. Steelheart was decent and all, but this is the one I've been looking forward to for a while.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aegon

@arbitrarywater: @caska: Alright, well at least two people might be interested in this. A few more and it's a party.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've had Way of Kings on my Amazon watch list ever since I heard about it on Weekend confirmed a while back. I wish I could join the discussion, but I really have to be in a certain mindset to read a fantasy novel. I've still never finished the first Game of Thrones book because of it.

Maybe I'll pick up the first book off audible, since I just remembered I have an audible account.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: man you shouldn't compare Martin with Sanderson. It's like comparing something like ARMA with Battlefield. They both have a certain depth to them but one takes so much more commitment than the other. Try one of Sandersons smaller novellas like Alloy of Law or Steelheart or even Legion. Get an idea of his writing style from that then see how you go. Martin's certainly on the end on the far end of the spectrum when it comes to effort required to slog through but I reckon Sanderson has a nice balance

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favourite series, and definitely my most anticipated follow up book in any series around.

I'm waiting for the physical copy as I don't have a kindle, so hopefully it's a manageable size, while also being huge so I can read it forever?

I loved the world of the Stormlight Archives and really like Kaladin as a character. The battle on the plateaus is one of my favourite storylines/settings/sequences in any fantasy novel.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I don't know if I have time to fall into this book right now, but I would really like to. Loved the first one.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@caska said:

@themanwithnoplan: man you shouldn't compare Martin with Sanderson. It's like comparing something like ARMA with Battlefield. They both have a certain depth to them but one takes so much more commitment than the other. Try one of Sandersons smaller novellas like Alloy of Law or Steelheart or even Legion. Get an idea of his writing style from that then see how you go. Martin's certainly on the end on the far end of the spectrum when it comes to effort required to slog through but I reckon Sanderson has a nice balance

I didn't even know they were written by different authors. Shows how much I know. Thanks for the recommendation though. I think I will try and read one of those smaller stories first to get an idea of his writing style.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mistborn was dope so I need to get round to reading this series.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Got my copy yesterday. Reading it as soon as I finish The Cuckoo's Calling.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aegon

@cyrus_saren said:

Not to derail my own thread, but how are you enjoying it so far (Cuckoo)? It seems rather divisive, but I might give it a shot. Never really tried a crime novel.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@cyrus_saren said:

Not to derail my own thread, but how are you enjoying it so far (Cuckoo)? It seems rather divisive, but I might give it a shot. Never really tried a crime novel.

I am liking it so far. It starts off slow but I have found the main character, Cormoran Strike, to be interesting enough that I continued to read until it picked up. I would give it a shot if you don't mind J.K. Rowling and if you are at all interested in mystery novels.