Workout Routines

pyroisgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By pyroisgod

Which is better? Insanity or P90x? I'm about to start up Insanity so I was curious if anyone has tried either of these or both of these and what your opinions are of the two.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce
@pyroisgod:  

For strength training, I have no idea. But just make sure you're doing twenty minutes of heavy cardio a day (at least) regardless of which one you're doing.
RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RVonE
@pyroisgod said:
"Which is better? Insanity or P90x? I'm about to start up Insanity so I was curious if anyone has tried either of these or both of these and what your opinions are of the two. "

I don't know what those two things are?
nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nickux

I don't know much about Insanity but I started doing P90X in May of this year and it's actually a lot of fun. Tony is kind of a dork though but he can be funny and makes the routines the slightest bit more tolerable because you're usually laughing at some cheesy thing he just said. My favorite routines in P90X include ab ripper x, kenpo x, cardio x, and yoga x. I pretty much moved to just doing these and I run three-four times a week (2-4 miles depending on my mood). Overall, it doesn't take up too much time and I don't feel like I'm destroyed at the end of it. 

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By infamous021

I do P90x and I'm pretty sure it's the better choice. I tried insanity originally, but I found it alot more boring and unenjoyable, and from what I've read on a google search, Insanity is also less effective at building muscle.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I'm guessing this is some sort of exercise class thing? Sounds like a brand of headphones to me.

Foxtrot0245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Foxtrot0245

I started P90X two weeks ago and Ive already lost over 10 pounds (210.6 - 200.2.... I'm 6'1", so I wasn't in terrible shape starting off, just starting to get a little flabby). Abs are starting to show again too. I enjoy the workouts, except yoga, and it really doesn't consume much of my day. You should give it a shot!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

you really dont' need those work out videos. you can just do your own from buying some dumbbells and some time. i use a 20 pound dumbbell it does the job.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By foggel

Insanity sounds like something you shouldn't try if you just started working out.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jasta
@Bruce said:
" @pyroisgod:   For strength training, I have no idea. But just make sure you're doing twenty minutes of heavy cardio a day (at least) regardless of which one you're doing. "

Agreed, I've sparred with so many dudes with big-ass glamour muscles who have completley ignored cardio and they can put in about 3-4 mins before being completley gassed. 

If you just want to look good then by all means just do strength, but if you want to work with all the extra muscle CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO.

bcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bcc

It kind of depends on your goals. Are you just looking to lose weight? If so, a cardio-heavy program like P90X will probably get you the results you want. If you're looking to get bigger, you'd be much better off doing a serious weight training program - the kind that will require a bench, a barbell, and a lot of weight. Bill Starr's 5x5 is a good place to start. Even if you're just looking to slim down, doing weight training will speed up your metabolism so that the weight loss is easier and it will build muscle so that you look even better once the fat comes off. But I always advocate weight training regardless of a person's fitness goals so I'm a little biased.