• 108 results
mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mcmets93

I have a real procrastination problem. I want to hear some stories and see how bad i am compared to everybody on Giantbomb

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

well in grade 6 i had a huge ass math booklet that i had 4-5 months to do and i didn't touch it until a week after it was due. i had to do all the pages in one night. fuuck that sucked haha  

there was also a similar thing but it was in grade 3, and i thought i had to repeat grade 3 if i didn't do it so i worked my ass off. i got some weird bump on my finger from writing so much and it's there to this day o-o 

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ch3burashka

I'm too embarrassed to say, even behind the veil of semi-anonymity, mostly because I'm putting off huge shit at the moment.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DanielJW

Drivers Ed. homework I needed to have done. Two hours of work I did the night before. Would've been a solid waste of $500 to not hand it in and fail that course. 

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

It's 1:00am right now and I haven't started studying for the two exams I have tomorrow.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JBird
@StarFoxA:
With all due respect sir, you are FUUUUUUUCKEEEED! Although saying that you may be one of those genius types who can pull that off. I have an exam this morning (in 2 and a half hours) and i've been working like shit for the last 2 days. Learnt about 250 cases, which hurts my brain. Best news is however, that straight after the exam i'm hitting the pub with half my course :D. do you have any similar anfter exam plans? all the best by the way!
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Qorious

I'm doing it right now. T_T

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By WizardShazam

I had a 10 page paper due at 9:30 for my 500-level economics course a few weeks back.  I started it at about 3:00 and finished it in about four or five hours and went to class on no sleep.  Wound up with a 90% on it. 

Even now, I am putting off prepping a presentation I have in my Russian course at 10:30 (it's 3:00 right now).

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Uh where do I start. I guess the funniest was in the 6th grade. We had to do a presentation on a book we chose ourselves. We were supposed to craft something and reenact events from the book in front of the class. The morning it was do I still haven't read anything. I grabbed the first book I saw, and read the summery on the back. It was some book about bullfighting, so for my presentation I became a matador with the tissue off the teacher's desk. 

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Kyreo
@AgentOrange said:
" I had a 10 page paper due at 9:30 for my 500-level economics course a few weeks back.  I started it at about 3:00 and finished it in about four or five hours and went to class on no sleep.  Wound up with a 90% on it.  Even now, I am putting off prepping a presentation I have in my Russian course at 10:30 (it's 3:00 right now). "
Nice!  I admire high end procrastination when I see it and, sir, I'm seeing it right now!
WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WizardShazam
@Kyreo:  I obviously don't sleep much -_-
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sanryd
@Qorious said:
" I'm doing it right now. T_T "
shiptoncraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shiptoncraig

I'm procrastinating for my exam on Thursday, until I've finished revision for this morning's exam.  I guess it's not really procrastination...

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am currently "studying" electrical engineering at university, but I have not been to a single lecture nor looked at any of my books in the last 3 months (ie the entire semester). I have a test in exactly 24 hours from now, and I only just started studying right now. I need to cover an entire semester's worth of material that I have never seen before about some complicated bullshit in around 4 hours, and then I'll go to sleep for 6~8 hours, and when I wake up I probably won't be in the mood for studying. I have another test the day after tomorrow as well, in which case I'll have even less time to cover an entire semester's material on another class. This exact same thing happened last week as well with 2 tests.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Cube

One thing I never procrastinate about is masturbating. 

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I usually pull an all nighter once a semester, but I'm kinda getting worse. Last week I attempted an all nighter to finish a pseudo Iphone app that takes your blood pressure. At least it produced something. I'm just glad that this semester is over now.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have an exam in 3 hours... 

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I've never been a big procrastinator. I always get stuff cleaned up pretty quickly.

CaptainMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By CaptainMax

I procrastinated myself right out of high school.

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WizardShazam
@dudeglove: For the Russian presentation?  It's on the film, "Battleship Potemkin" but I have to speak in Russian so that requires a little bit more prep than normal.
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zero_

Just a few weeks ago actually. Had a university Math assignment needing to be handed in, hadn't started and it was due in 2 days, did half of it and then jumped on the PS3 or GiantBomb for the remainder of the two nights that I could do it. Ended up handing it in late + 50% done. So, so horrible... and the weird thing is, I just started to not care... my life's going in a reeeaallly bad direction. Thanks Gaming! :)

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Raven
@Cube said:
" One thing I never procrastinate about is masturbating.  "
Haha true that. Once you get it in your mind you do it, simple as that.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By c1337us

I didn't get my drivers license until about 5 years after I could have.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Joshakazam
@tdk08 said:
" @Qorious said:
" I'm doing it right now. T_T "
"
Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Cwaff

I once did a few months worth of coursework in one night... that was so much fun.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By JJWeatherman
@dudeglove said:
" @AgentOrange: Тогда удачи тебе! Don't forget to load in phrases like на самом деле or не смотря на то, что. "
That hurt my brain.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30  Edited By natetodamax

I had a huge science fair project assigned at the beginning of the year that wasn't due till sometime in February. I didn't start my poster thing until literally the night before it was due.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EnduranceFun

I have an exam in two hours and have studied for barely half of that. Funnily enough, have failed it three times before. 

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thebatmobile
@c1337us: I've been procrastinating mine for two years now. Perhaps I'll get it this autumn.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shirogane
@c1337us:
I should've gotten mine 3 years ago, only just did do so last week. 

As for everything else...every single assignment/homework since year 9 of high school? Hell, i have an assignment and research project i should be working on right now. 
Does procrastinating on games count? Cause i have a whole bunch of games i should be playing, but instead i'm sitting around doing jack all.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By c1337us
@thebatmobile said:
" @c1337us: I've been procrastinating mine for two years now. Perhaps I'll get it this autumn. "
Do it. I always told myself I didn't need it because I could rely on public transport just fine. But now that I have had them for 5 years whenever I am without my car I feel lost because I can't go somewhere whenever I want on a whim. Like right now while I am staying at my sister house. It sucks.
Avatar image for deactivated-625769173e9f2
deactivated-625769173e9f2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I waited to do my criminology essay until after the due date. 2000 word essay and I waited until the due date, got all the books that were finally returned and then wrote it that night and copped the penalty. Still got 82%

Avatar image for deactivated-625769173e9f2
deactivated-625769173e9f2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I've ever done an assignment, essay or presentation any more than 24 hours before it's due in. I had 2 engineering assignments due today and did them both between 4am and 12pm. Fun times.  

FrogSox

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By foggel
@StarFoxA said:
" It's 1:00am right now and I haven't started studying for the two exams I have tomorrow. "
I am you. I can't believe I get C's and B's. (Marketing management)
mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mcmets93
@ZanzibarBreeze: your really lucky.. Your one of few people
mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mcmets93
@vinone: thats what i am procrastinating on doing right now ! Its terrible.
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By mosespippy

I was doing a distance course and kept putting off going to the class' website because it's terribly designed. I put it off so much that I missed the midterm exam because I didn't know when it was. In fact, it was only 8 hours before the final exam that I actually signed in. I got a 36 in the course based on those 8 hours of studying and only doing the final. 

This other time I had a research paper due the next day, but I couldn't start it right away because I had an exam that morning and had to a mandatory lab about 4 hours later. I stayed up all night and started/finished my paper. I had another exam about 3 hours after that was due. Since I walk about 2KM to school I was super tiered when I got home (4 trips to between school and home since my last sleep). Awake for 36 hours, asleep for 16. Those were actually my 2 best exam marks that semester. 

Actually back in elementary and middle school I always left my science fair projects till the last minute. I never got less than a 92% and only once did I take more than 1 day. That was because I had to build a model airplane to do the aerodynamics tests and it takes time for the stuff to dry. I did one in under 12 hours once. 

I'm clearly a terrible procrastinator.

mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mcmets93
@mosespippy: wow... you might be the #1 procrastinator
gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gabha

I had to look up what  procrastinated means.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that you've got a name for what I'm doing now. Got test tomorrow that I can't get myself to revise.

mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mcmets93
@gabha: Learn something new every day
FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FireSketch

I had my final final Art final recently and I had to do about 10 pages and a final piece in three days.
SOMEHOW, I managed that shit.

Also, that's happened for every one of the four art finals I've had over the past two years o.o

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By ZenaxPure

Signing up for college classes this past semester. I had something like 5 months to do it and didn't have a definitive schedule until the end of the first week of the semester.

Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Defias

Always procrastinating. Currently i have two essays due from last weeks kinda feel like a dick because I have nice teachers that I exploit

mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mcmets93
@Defias: same situation with me, my teacher has given me everything i need to look up in detail for the research paper and i still have yet to do it. 
Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohh I got a ton of those stories: 

10th grade a paper that i knew would have to be long I started early got maybe two pages in and ended up not touching it again until the day before it was due, it ended up being 23 pages, but still got an A that was fun! But really that paper wasn't too difficult, I was comparing the Roman empire with the Mongolian Empire and all I really needed to do was list facts in paragraph format.

My sophomore year in college, I decided to change my topic for a paper two days before it was due.  Did some research then, and the next day looked at that research and found absolutely nothing useful.  So I spent the day before my paper was due researching, I don't think I actually got around to writing my paper until like 9 o'clock at night, and stayed up till 5 am writing it.  I got about 6 pages into it and had to stop and sleep because I could barely focus anymore, by the way the paper was due in 6 hours and had to be submitted via the internet.   

The next morning I wake up around 9 am and say OK I need to write a conclusion and do a bibliography (thank you easy bib); however I am horrible with conclusion so it took me forever to write it and as I did that I noticed that I needed to write more for some other things and did.  Next thing I noticed it was that it was 11:30 I was missing the class this paper was due in and the paper needed to be submitted by the beginning of class on line.  Thankfully I was just about done all in all the paper was submitted one hour late and I got an 85% on it, the only problems my teacher had with it was I needed a couple more sources for each viewpoint, because apparently there was a minimum requirement.    

This was one of my hardest papers since they gave us no guidelines and were very unspecific in what exactly we needed to accomplish.  We also had to make our topics so narrow that it was quite difficult to find research but I still did well so YAY!!