Would you consider yourself a spiritual person?

• 115 results
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@hoossy said:

how can you be religious but not spiritual?

Also C.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Moreau_MD said:

@Guided_By_Tigers: Cue a load of white-middle class early teens bragging about how awesome it is to be an atheist and how you'd have to be fucking stuuupid to believe in Gawd. All whilst sucking at the collective neo-conservative teat of Hitchens and Dawkins (try getting that image out of your head!). You're as much a sheep to their contrived way of 'free thinking' as the Christians you all so love to poke fun at are to their own God (never Islam or Hinduism though, don't actually have the stones for that).

I'm an atheist, but I despise threads like these. They're like one never ending, cancerous, circle-jerk of stale 'reasoning' and insults towards those who dare to belief otherwise. And always under the guise of a question or a vague knock at 'spirituality' in general- why don't you just be honest for once and create a thread with a title like 'Yo bra, God fucking sucks and is dumb, come lets all discuss how much better us atheists are not to believe in that crazy bullshit.'

Go back to masturbating over r/atheism troll.

F-F-F-F-Followed.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Spiritual in a sense, yes, but I'm not religious.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By billyhoush

I consider myself very metaphysical.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Butler

We are all gods.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By JasonR86

@FunExplosions said:

Please also include whether or not you are insane.

You're an awful human being.

Anyway, I would say I'm spiritual. I was more spiritual and religious when I was younger. Oddly, since I've been a Mental Health therapist I've become more spiritual. I don't care to go into the reasons though.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#107  Edited By TehFlan

I suppose so. I'm also not crazy as far as I can tell.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@Guided_By_Tigers: Cue a load of white-middle class early teens bragging about how awesome it is to be an atheist and how you'd have to be fucking stuuupid to believe in Gawd. All whilst sucking at the collective neo-conservative teat of Hitchens and Dawkins (try getting that image out of your head!). You're as much a sheep to their contrived way of 'free thinking' as the Christians you all so love to poke fun at are to their own God (never Islam or Hinduism though, don't actually have the stones for that).

I'm an atheist, but I despise threads like these. They're like one never ending, cancerous, circle-jerk of stale 'reasoning' and insults towards those who dare to belief otherwise. And always under the guise of a question or a vague knock at 'spirituality' in general- why don't you just be honest for once and create a thread with a title like 'Yo bra, God fucking sucks and is dumb, come lets all discuss how much better us atheists are not to believe in that crazy bullshit.'

F-F-F-F-Followed.

I never expected to see something like that on here. Hats off to you whoever posted that comment. Yes, I said hats.

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Moreau_MD

@Still_I_Cry said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Moreau_MD said:

F-F-F-F-Followed.

I never expected to see something like that on here. Hats off to you whoever posted that comment. Yes, I said hats.

lol thanks- the comment was mine guys, not Guided's. just thought I'd clarify that >_>

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#110  Edited By Hizang

At one point in my life I was all set on becoming a Wiccan, I loved the idea of having an altar and being all in touch with nature and things like that. But that was a phase, I really am not.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By kindgineer

I believe in the after-life, am a Catholic, and am not insane. I hope that is enough subjective information to suit your needs.

@Hizang: I have a friend who decided to "go" down that path, only to find out that the entire "cult" was made up. I mean, I kind of figured that out, but it's kind of silly how fictional it really is. However, if you're the type of person that enjoys a real-life role-play, it seems like a fun thing to do.

The problem with Wiccan, though, is the proven stereo-type of nut-cases that revolve around it. It kind of reminds me of the way many view the D&D crowd. I actually avoided several D&D events in my local area due to the crap I heard. One day I decided to just explore it and the guys there ended up being really cool (their visual aspects fit the stereo-type, however). Moral of the story is that Wiccan seems like a fun thing to pursue (much like other practices like it) - but only if your mind is mature enough to separate fiction from reality.

Also, tangent.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By Bigandtasty

Church of Claude, motherfuckers. Come worship. Or not. Claude don't give a shit.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GunnBjorn

I've been born and raised a JW. There's your immediate answer to whether I'm insane or not. All forms of religion are a sort of spirituality. Anything that makes you feel good is a form of spirituality. Including visiting your family and friends. Eating, drinking (not neccesarily alcoholic drinks), having a conversation, watching a movie, listening to a podcast, giving/feeding food to needy people, strive/further science, etc.

These are the simple writings of a simple person. Live into each moment. In this life. As of yet, there isn't anything else.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Moreau_MD said:

Sorry man, meant the OP, replied to you by mistake :p

Ah okay, its all good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing through Journey is probably the most spiritual experience I've had.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By FunExplosions

@ViciousAnchovy said:

Playing through Journey is probably the most spiritual experience I've had.

Mine was taking a dump fifteen minutes ago after a sweaty run. It just slid right out of me. Auto-enema. Closest to God you'll ever get.

@Still_I_Cry said:

Just don't put the hat on the bed.

edit: hat*