Would you like to help support my Kickstarter project?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Would you like to help support my Kickstarter project? (75 votes)

Yes 3%
No 55%
Maybe 4%
Need more info 39%

Hey guys, I'm thinking about starting a Kickstarter campaign, and I would just like to get an idea of how much support (if any) I can get from the Giant Bomb community! Would you guys be interested in helping me fund my indie game project? I'm even thinking about creating Giant Bomb exclusive rewards!

Thank you for reading :)

• 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doesn't that decision depend entirely on what kind of game you plan on creating?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How about telling us something about your project. Why do you just want some community bonus? That already sounds bad in you are not even sure and want to show it^^

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

How about we each check it out individually and evaluate whether we want to back it on the projects merits and potential?

Pretty sure this will be closed for advertising, or spam, or something.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh sorry, it's essentially a tower-defense game (iOS/Android) with a twist - the art style and music is unique to the genre. I don't want to give away too much, until our Kickstarter is officially launched.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can show a sneak peak of the game (just for you guys), a few days before we launch.

We already have a game document with everything we need, but I just came up with the exclusive GB pledge rewards - I think it's a neat idea.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

NO!!

But don't fret man, as I haven't supported any kickstarters yet. Still, I'm thinking about pledging for the Mighty No. 9 - it looks mighty cool.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

The world does not need another tower defense game let alone on phones. So no thanks. Also, it's against forum rules to promote games on here so you will probably get any thread asking for support locked by the mods.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I don't want to give away too much, until our Kickstarter is officially launched.

no details? then i dont want to give away my decision.

lmao

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grissefar: Agreed - Mighty No. 9 looks really interesting!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

People don't pay for ideas. You might think you have some idea that no one has thought of before, but you don't. People pay for the ability to produce those ideas. I have a bazillion great ideas about cool games to make, but I don't have a software or project management background, so you shouldn't give me money because I said I want to make a village-simulation game where you're the chieftain of a small Germanic tribe in 200 BCE and you have to manage numbers and RNG and loosely scripted events to have your tribe flourish. Because that idea is worthless unless I have the expertise to actually put it together.

So hey, who wants to donate to my Kickstarter? The game is called GERMANICA!

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse: I don't just have an "idea" - I have a company, with a full team (artists, animators, programmers and music composers) working on the game. Right now, our top priority is preparing everything we need for our Kickstarter page. But thank you for your concern :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand the concern that 'leaking' your art/music style is going to hamper your Kickstarter. Unless you haven't made a final about it, which doesn't sound like the case.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 49th

cool idea i like games

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh a tower defence game with a twist why didn't somebody else think of that?

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ISuperGamerI

@brodehouse: Well, I meant "leaking" mostly in regards to gameplay mechanics and abilities.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ISuperGamerI

@49th said:

cool idea i like games

Thank you :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A pixel art anime-influenced tower defense phone game with an orchestral soundtrack.

Troll thread is troll.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse said:

A pixel art anime-influenced tower defense phone game with an orchestral soundtrack.

Troll thread is troll.

It's not pixel art, but if you think I'm trolling - that's fine!

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Troll thread is troll.

Turns out an orchestra is expensive, instead they're going with soundtrack from famous chiptune artist DJ Metr0id4LYFE!

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ISuperGamerI

@chiablo said:

@brodehouse said:

Troll thread is troll.

Turns out an orchestra is expensive, instead they're going with soundtrack from famous chiptune artist DJ Metr0id4LYFE!

We have our own in-house music studio.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

"Hey guys, if I was going to sell you something, would you buy it?"

"What are you selling and how much does it cost?"

"Oh, you'll see! :)"

"No. No I don't think I will, sir."

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ekami

i like videogames, but you're asking if we would give you money when you ask us to give you money and acting like you don't need our money

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Hey dude are you by any chance Kenji Inafune? If not you got to give up some details before I'd be willing to give money to something.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this item that I would like to sell. It may weigh between 1 gram and 2 tons. It's kind of blue-ish and red-ish, but really, it may be white. It may or may not be mechanical. Would you be interested in purchasing it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft said:

Hey dude are you by any chance Kenji Inafune? If not you got to give up some details before I'd be willing to give money to something.

Haha I fully understand that, perhaps, I should have posted this topic a few days prior to our Kickstarter launch. What sort of information would you like to know? :)

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AlexW00d

If you really have an entire team ready and waiting and a full blown in house music studio it really does not sound like you need any sort of kickstarter money, especially not from me.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck on your project man, and don't let other people put you down. Just move forward and see how it goes.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm poor so no. Sorry.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tireyo said:

@awesomeusername said:

I'm poor so no. Sorry.

Been there, and still there.

I can relate to that, but at the sametime we're not poor. If we was we won't be using the internet, and sadly I know people that are like that in my life. It makes me appreciate the smalls things I have going on in my life now.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to be rude, but you lost me at tower defense.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a15eaa84378
deactivated-62a15eaa84378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe this rule applies here:

NO Commercial advertising: You may not advertise or sell any product or service on Giant Bomb. This includes, but is not limited to; developers creating threads to advertise their games, and advertisements of personal sites for personal gain (monetary or otherwise). If you want to give away a beta key or Steam game we're totally behind that, however. From time to time, exceptions to this rule may be made for friends of the site - if in doubt, please contact the moderation team.

Sorry dude.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Well we don't mean it literally, obviously. But everyone knows what we mean. But yeah, I don't know anyone who's poor but I see homeless people everyday here in NY. My college is in Manhattan so I'm guaranteed to see homeless people like 2 or 3 times a day. It really sucks and I to appreciate all that I have. It's hell for those people. I've seen a man with no legs on the train literally going around with his legs asking for change. I've seen woman with babies asking for money. Old homeless people. It's the worst.

@tireyo said:

@awesomeusername said:

I'm poor so no. Sorry.

Thanks for the good laugh! Although I was eating. I could've choked or spit my food out and it would have been your fault.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Well we don't mean it literally, obviously. But everyone knows what we mean. But yeah, I don't know anyone who's poor but I see homeless people everyday here in NY. My college is in Manhattan so I'm guaranteed to see homeless people like 2 or 3 times a day. It really sucks and I to appreciate all that I have. It's hell for those people. I've seen a man with no legs on the train literally going around with his legs asking for change. I've seen woman with babies asking for money. Old homeless people. It's the worst.

@tireyo said:

@awesomeusername said:

I'm poor so no. Sorry.

Thanks for the good laugh! Although I was eating. I could've choked or spit my food out and it would have been your fault.

I know, but I noticed how some people complain about small stuff and act like their life is bad. While there's others that struggle everyday just to put food on the table.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

First, Giant Bomb is not the place to garner interest in pet projects and Kickstarters. Second, this contains little to no information and comes across as spam or troll-like. Please take the time to review our Forum Rules. Locking this down.