You know you've been playing too many games when...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I looked at this ad, and the first thing I thought was "Yeah, pure RNG, that's so bullshit. ...Oh wait."

No Caption Provided

Anybody else care to share some times where they mistook something in real life for a gaming term/object/whatever?

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Too many to list.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316

At work I do reconciliations, also known as recons. So every day I start thinking of either sniper rifles or Halo.

Sometimes both!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and in a turning lane waiting for a green light, the cars coming at me were a Guitar Hero note highway during the height of plastic instruments.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Oh, and in a turning lane waiting for a green light, the cars coming at me were a Guitar Hero note highway during the height of plastic instruments.

OK, that just sounds dangerous. Also, I want to move to wherever you live that apparently has such brightly coloured cars.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

After completing Heavy Rain in one sitting I could almost see QTEs appear in real life.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JasonR86

When the Gamecube was first announced and there were images of all the different launch games I remember thinking that the newer Wave Race looked awesome. Particularly the water. Shortly after I went camping near some water and went with some friends out on jet-skis. We went to this really cool cove surrounded by tall grass and all that. I remember looking at the water, the grass, and the mountains that were around and thinking "Man, Wave Race looks just like this!"

Gard3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Gard3

@evo said:

After completing Heavy Rain in one sitting I could almost see QTEs appear in real life.

That just makes my gut hurt.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

First time I fired an assault rifle, I held the gun just like I saw Big Boss do it in a screen shot.

Instructor said I looked like a natural.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I experienced the Tetris effect with Sequence, recently. I guess that counts.

Haha, that's really cool! It explains that one time I read a webcomic where everyone spoke in rhymes, and for a while afterwards even though I couldn't rhyme I still tried to do it in my head whenever I thought of anything.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First time I fired an assault rifle, I held the gun just like I saw Big Boss do it in a screen shot.

Video games!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Just more proof that everything in Metal Gear is 1:1 realistic and can realistically be emulated effectively.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well done sir.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well, I experienced the Tetris effect with Sequence, recently. I guess that counts.

hehe, that tends to happen to me with puzzle games a lot since Tetris, candy colors, patterns, tiles on the floor, bricks.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buneroid said:

@viciousbearmauling said:

Well done sir.

No Caption Provided

You could say that I'm....... Pretty good.

Yeah I know that was awful.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZolRoyce
Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was after a summer holiday and I was walking to the station and I saw some flowers and thought "oh, blue mountain flower, I should get that."

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Exactly. If you're gonna make that reference...

...you've got to fucking sell it.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

My introductory archaeology class lecture last Thursday included a slide with some people walking through a swamp, and my first thought was "They'll be eaten by crocodiles."

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BisonHero

@gruebacca said:

My introductory archaeology class lecture last Thursday included a slide with some people walking through a swamp, and my first thought was "They'll be eaten by crocodiles."

Is there a particular reference you're making, aside from the adventure serials of the 40s and 50s that things like Indiana Jones and Pitfall are based on?

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh Metal Gear I love you so much.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Yakuza 4 had just come out, I was playing it pretty much for days at a time, and when I would get out of the apartment to go get food or whatever, I would freak out every time I saw like, a tiny bit a broken glass glimmer in the light, because it looked like a fucking storage locker key lying on the ground. That was the point at which I realized I had been playing too much Yakuza and was starting to lose grip on reality. Fun times though.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@bisonhero said:

@gruebacca said:

Is there a particular reference you're making, aside from the adventure serials of the 40s and 50s that things like Indiana Jones and Pitfall are based on?

It's mostly recent games like Far Cry 3 and Black Flag. Those fuckers taught me that if you set foot in jungle water, crocodiles will immediately hunt you down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to play Monster Hunter for PS2 for hours at night with my friends. It got so bad that I would dream I was still playing, then in the dream I would go to sleep without turning my PS2 off and I'd shoot awake (for real) to see if I turned off my system. To this day, if I ever get hooked on a game and play it too much (which is rare these days) I dream I'm playing the game in my dreams.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SSully

Oh my god I completely forgot how crazy this game gets. So fucking great!

After playing a good deal of Gran Turismo 5 I started picturing driving lines when I was driving to work.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By Seppli

@bisonhero said:

I looked at this ad, and the first thing I thought was "Yeah, pure RNG, that's so bullshit. ...Oh wait."

No Caption Provided

Anybody else care to share some times where they mistook something in real life for a gaming term/object/whatever?

During the peak of my obsession with WoW, all denominations became *Gold*. To the point of using the term *Gold* in public unawares. Like *How much Gold is that?*. I was not alone in that. Quite a few members of my guild reported the same thing.