YouTube starting to play ads mid-video?

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themangalist

Is this new? It's the first time that it happened to me watching a 30 minute long video but wtf. Youtube has way more ads nowadays (I feel like it's at least 7 in 10 vids start with an ad) and now they play during the video? Fuck this shit.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

If you don't have any moral qualms about it, AdBlock also kills mid-video ads.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sooty

Some of Revision3 started putting 30-60 second ads into their actual videos, fuck those guys.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bocam

@Sooty: They've always done that

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ikwal

I'm ok with having ads every once in a while during long videos. After all I'm not paying anything for watching the video.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By haffy

@ikwal said:

I'm ok with having ads every once in a while during long videos. After all I'm not paying anything for watching the video.

You are, kind of lol. Advertising is pretty effective.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GJSmitty

As a partner, you have a bunch of different choices for ads. You can choose the 30s ads that you can skip, the long ads that you cannot skip, and the little ads that pop up on the bottom of the video. The long ads also include the option to place one in the middle of the video. All of the ads like that are because of the uploader choosing it, probably attempting to get as much money as possible. I personally only do the skipable ads and the ones that pop up at the bottom of the video.

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Bismarck

I hate ads like that so I use AdBlock when I watch vids on youtube and on twitch/justin tv. I'm willing to disable it when I watch vids of smaller channels that are just starting to get big and actually might need money from ads.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andorski

There are ads on the internet?

Looks at ABP icon lovingly.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By MarkWahlberg

in some cases it seems to happen just because the ad didn't load at the start for some reason, but yeah. Youtube has really cranked up the ad shit in general recently. At least it's not like during the election when they had non-skippable ones.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bishna

Without ads, the internet as we know it would not be possible. Ads are an incredible thing. I really wish they would put an ad in the Bombcast, I am sure it would do quite well for them. As long as the ad doesn't get in the way of my experience (like on gametrailers) I welcome them with open arms.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Trainer_Red

Ok.. seriously people?

The only way ads actually support the channels you are watching, is if you actually click on them. You are not helping anyone by putting yourself through the torturous act of watching long ads unless you plan to click on the goddamn ad. lol

SephirothxFF7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im getting ads on youtube, they pop up on the botom and the side of the video, when i ex out of the add, it restarts my video, i even go into the ad options and disable it, when i click on a new video, it returns, i have ad blocker plus and pro running, it blocks half the video so i cant watch it, anyone help