Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Edited By Hamst3r

Warning

This is a blog.

Mr. Nifflasupagus

Within a Deep Forest. Knytt. Knytt Stories. Three fantastic exploration platformer type games by Nifflas. Perhaps some of my favorite games. They're also freeware. To my surprised, Nifflas released a new game just a few days ago called Saira. I haven't played much of it yet, but what I've played so far has been quite good. One thing that differentiates Saira from his previous titles is that it's being sold for $17. I have no issue with that as Nifflas is die fick-zauberer.
Those screenshots are crap, but they're the only one's on the site. The game is quite nice looking.

Roomba

I've bought a Roomba. It's amazing.

It's like a dog, but instead of shedding hair everywhere it vacuums it up.

^____^

Delicious Rip-Off

I have a strong attraction towards organizing and cataloging things.

Earlier this year I catalogued all my games utilizing the list feature on Giant Bomb. I also made an image-quilt style page on my website cataloguing all of my games as well. Yet, I was not satisfied. I wanted them in a richer format with additional information and full-length box art. There's a program for Apple PCs called Delicious Library which has absolutely everything I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I have a Windows PC.

Delicious Library in use about a minute and a half in:  

Delicious. Conamy.

Recently I stumbled upon a program called Media Man 3. Feature-wise it's a lot like Delicious Library and visually it looks like a feature built-in to Windows Vista. Joy!

With the trial version installed, I spent my morning scanning in bar codes and replacing poor quality box art images with super sexy ones. The software pulls additional info from Amazon when possible and has a way to link library items to files on your hard drive, which sounds useful. I think I have about 75% of my stuff catalogued now - just 60 or so titles left. Yay.

Sadly it doesn't text-2-speech the names of the games when they're scanned in:

Click hard for teh biggar image!

Q: So, you've catalogued all of your games for the third time. Are you actually playing any of these games?

A: Yes, yes I am!

Games currently being played:

• DiRT 2
  • GRiD
  • Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2
  • Trackmania United Forever
  • Saira

A lot of racing games. Weird.

Games recently finished:

(note: I use a 4 star rating system - not fun, occasionally fun, mostly fun, super fun.)

Tomb Raider: Underworld[ 11/1/2009 ]
(Quite good. Better than Anniversary and perhaps Legend too. Still ridiculous.)

Prince of Persia (2008)[ 11/6/2009 ]
(Simple gameplay with a fantastic art style. Enjoyable but stretched a bit thin.)

Batman: Arkham Asylum[ 11/14/2009 ]
(Fantastic! Fun and engaging the whole way through except for Riddle cleanup.)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3[ 11/14/2009 ]
(Not as good as Red Alert 1 or 2, though still a great addition to the series.)

Hammerfight[ 11/16/2009 ]
(A fun and original game. The story is interesting and the combat is satisfying.)

Aquaria[ 11/28/2009 ]
(Aquaria is truly great. Huge too. One of the best games I’ve ever played!)

Tales of Monkey Island: Season 1

Episode 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal[ 12/03/2009 ]
(Definitely off to a good start. Cheese and manatee jokes are always enjoyable.)

Zombie Shooter[ 12/04/2009 ]
(Low-resolution sprites. That’s how you fit a thousand zombies into every level.)

Dreamkiller[ 12/13/2009 ]
(2004 called and they want their twitch FPS back. Fast oldschool fun.)

Wet Panties

I just thought about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.

Blog End

I am now out of blog topics.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hamst3r

Warning

This is a blog.

Mr. Nifflasupagus

Within a Deep Forest. Knytt. Knytt Stories. Three fantastic exploration platformer type games by Nifflas. Perhaps some of my favorite games. They're also freeware. To my surprised, Nifflas released a new game just a few days ago called Saira. I haven't played much of it yet, but what I've played so far has been quite good. One thing that differentiates Saira from his previous titles is that it's being sold for $17. I have no issue with that as Nifflas is die fick-zauberer.
Those screenshots are crap, but they're the only one's on the site. The game is quite nice looking.

Roomba

I've bought a Roomba. It's amazing.

It's like a dog, but instead of shedding hair everywhere it vacuums it up.

^____^

Delicious Rip-Off

I have a strong attraction towards organizing and cataloging things.

Earlier this year I catalogued all my games utilizing the list feature on Giant Bomb. I also made an image-quilt style page on my website cataloguing all of my games as well. Yet, I was not satisfied. I wanted them in a richer format with additional information and full-length box art. There's a program for Apple PCs called Delicious Library which has absolutely everything I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I have a Windows PC.

Delicious Library in use about a minute and a half in:  

Delicious. Conamy.

Recently I stumbled upon a program called Media Man 3. Feature-wise it's a lot like Delicious Library and visually it looks like a feature built-in to Windows Vista. Joy!

With the trial version installed, I spent my morning scanning in bar codes and replacing poor quality box art images with super sexy ones. The software pulls additional info from Amazon when possible and has a way to link library items to files on your hard drive, which sounds useful. I think I have about 75% of my stuff catalogued now - just 60 or so titles left. Yay.

Sadly it doesn't text-2-speech the names of the games when they're scanned in:

Click hard for teh biggar image!

Q: So, you've catalogued all of your games for the third time. Are you actually playing any of these games?

A: Yes, yes I am!

Games currently being played:

• DiRT 2
  • GRiD
  • Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2
  • Trackmania United Forever
  • Saira

A lot of racing games. Weird.

Games recently finished:

(note: I use a 4 star rating system - not fun, occasionally fun, mostly fun, super fun.)

Tomb Raider: Underworld[ 11/1/2009 ]
(Quite good. Better than Anniversary and perhaps Legend too. Still ridiculous.)

Prince of Persia (2008)[ 11/6/2009 ]
(Simple gameplay with a fantastic art style. Enjoyable but stretched a bit thin.)

Batman: Arkham Asylum[ 11/14/2009 ]
(Fantastic! Fun and engaging the whole way through except for Riddle cleanup.)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3[ 11/14/2009 ]
(Not as good as Red Alert 1 or 2, though still a great addition to the series.)

Hammerfight[ 11/16/2009 ]
(A fun and original game. The story is interesting and the combat is satisfying.)

Aquaria[ 11/28/2009 ]
(Aquaria is truly great. Huge too. One of the best games I’ve ever played!)

Tales of Monkey Island: Season 1

Episode 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal[ 12/03/2009 ]
(Definitely off to a good start. Cheese and manatee jokes are always enjoyable.)

Zombie Shooter[ 12/04/2009 ]
(Low-resolution sprites. That’s how you fit a thousand zombies into every level.)

Dreamkiller[ 12/13/2009 ]
(2004 called and they want their twitch FPS back. Fast oldschool fun.)

Wet Panties

I just thought about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.

Blog End

I am now out of blog topics.
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By EVO

Dude, yes! Knytt! I've been trying to remember that for the longest time.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Four out of four for Zombie Shooter? Really? What I saw in the Quick Look and stuff didn't look very good.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hamst3r
@End_Boss:  That was a Quick Look for Zombie Driver. Zombie shooter is an older game:

No Caption Provided

And yes. 4 Stars. It's a lot of good dumb fun. :)
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

I still need to play Batman and PoP.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By thatfrood

Where did you get Call of Pripyat? Are you in Germany? Man, I am so Jealous. I'm a Russian in America and I really want that game.
Oh well, The Complete Mod will just have to tide me over for now.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hamst3r
@ThatFrood: I don't have it. I merely thought about it.  !! :O
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Driadon

Goddammit, I love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games in theory, but I never sit down and play them for long enough.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thatfrood
@Hamst3r: Ah! I didn't notice that! Yeah, I've totally got wet panties over call of pripyat too. Damnit, I need more immersive atmosphere and shit terrible guns!
@Driadon: You should install the Complete Mod if you do decide to go back and make complete runthrough. The AI is imporved and what was already a very atmospheric game becomes even more so. Underground with a flashlight in that game was simply amazing.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Driadon
@ThatFrood: I've heard of it. I'm thinking I should probably see if I can run through the back end of the game first, then give it a go with Complete.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Driadon
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By artofwar420

Nice blog post hamst3r, sounds like I should give PoP a chance.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

I think I would like Aquaria. I need to get off my ass and get that game. Batman: AA will be mine one day soon.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Brunchies

I'm happy that there is a section of your blog dedicated to the magical Roomba and all its cleaning glory!

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Hamst3r: can you plz post screenshots at my pc screenshots thread then? if you have a bunch of pc games? I want to see how dark sector looks like and a few others. Those are all your games right?
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thatfrood
@Meltbrain:  I am there man, I am there. Now I just go around on Master difficulty with the crosshair disabled. It's not a stealth game at all and yet I love killing people with that silenced pistol you can find early in the game. I also instigate a fight between the military and the stalker camp at the beginning of the game in the Cordon, so I can get an ak really early. And I don't know what it is, but that final rush when you're trying to get into the Chernobyl building? Yes.
@Driadon: Dude! Morrowind. If there is a game I come back to over and over it is that. Oblivion never even got close to touching the fantastic feel of Morrowind. I still don't think I've completed all the quests you get from the Temple.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hamst3r
@Meltbrain said:
@Hamst3r: How is DiRT 2? I really enjoyed the the first one and I'm pretty sure I'll love 2... I forgot to put it on my christmas list. >_<
Also, I really liked Painkiller way back when but isn't Dreamkiller kind of the same deal? I think I'd probably get the same kicks just booting up some more Painkiller.
"

DiRT 2 is great so far. I prefer the DiRT 1 interface and vibe as the "EXTREME" X-Games OMG explosions, everything-causes-the-camera-to-shake thing is a little annoying. Luckily, that's all it is. It doesn't actually ruin the game. The actual racing is fantastic and just like it was in DiRT 1. The courses are beautiful and more open now with alternate paths in some areas. It's worth getting. :) 

@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Hamst3r: can you plz post screenshots at my pc screenshots thread then? if you have a bunch of pc games? I want to see how dark sector looks like and a few others. Those are all your games right? "
:D I'll try and post more screenshots in your thread. I just never think to have Fraps running and taking pics while I play. I'll be playing Dark Sector soon too - I started it up and played the first mission. It's decent so far. The way you can't turn when you run is kind of shit. The way everything is latched onto one button is kind of shit (Gears of War did it too), but other than that it's fun. Runs good too.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Thanks, look forward to your screenshots, also I don't think dark sector is good, however the graphics is suppose to be like gears of war like, I want to see how it looks like on pc since I wouldn't buy that in a million years.

For fraps, I just set it to the bottom right of the keyboard that says enter for screenshots, I find that doesn't disturb my gameplay because it's easy to press. 

I even think crysostatis or whatever it's called would make good screenshots considering your rig is probally very powerful.