Shoulder Surgery: Need one handed Games....

Avatar image for ramblesnonsense
ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Duders!

I'll be having shoulder surgery in a couple weeks and will be in a sling for 3-6 week :( I'm looking for games playable with one hand. I have Xcom/Xcom2, divinity original sin 2 and have played them a ton. So something newer would be better. I play primarily PC but i do have a switch.

I was tinkling of getting darkest dungeon and into the breach. the last Final fantasy I've played is 7. Which newer final fantasy is worth playing?

Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance!!!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If you're all about a new Pokemon then Sword/Shield has a menu option for playing with a single joycon.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If you like CRPGs there are heaps that you can play with just a mouse. Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Tides of Numanera, Disco Elysium. Also consider getting into a digital card game like Gwent or Elder Scrolls Legends. Those are all just mouse driven.

ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Any Civilization game.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I had shoulder surgery on my dominant arm a few years ago, and next year am gonna have to get it on my other arm.

The Switch was a life saver since you can just separate the Joy-Cons in each hand and play that way. I did that a lot.

Controllers are much easier than Keyboard and Mouse, and you can use them much sooner since you can keep your arms down, so anything on PC that works with a controller you should be able to play not long after surgery.

ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

Any Civilization game.

I just installed CIV 5

@slax said:

I had shoulder surgery on my dominant arm a few years ago, and next year am gonna have to get it on my other arm.

The Switch was a life saver since you can just separate the Joy-Cons in each hand and play that way. I did that a lot.

Controllers are much easier than Keyboard and Mouse, and you can use them much sooner since you can keep your arms down, so anything on PC that works with a controller you should be able to play not long after surgery.

i was thinking of holding an Xbox controller off to my side.

thanks all

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had shoulder surgery after dislocating it about 7 times over the course of 5 years, i was able to hold a controller straight away if that helps, you kind of have to sit with the controller to one side as your arm will be across your body so it can get quite uncomfortable, but, you do have a switch, disconnect those joy-cons and you should be fine.

I would recommend stretching your back every once in a while if your sat gaming for hours on end, because you'll be sat slightly twisted with a controller (if you go that route).

I hope everything goes well duder, coming around is the worst part, i just felt groggy and kept falling in and out of consciousness, it feels like you haven't slept or drank water for days.