Soldier:76 3%
Symmetra 2%
Torbjorn 3%
Tracer 6%
Widowmaker 2%
Winston 1%
Zarya 5%
Zenyatta 5%

Which character/hero is your favorite and why? Mercy gets my vote, but that comes with the caveat that I am weird and don't particularly enjoy the game's combat feedback too much (it feels really limp, IMHO). It's just fun to heal people and be on top of everything.

Widowmaker is a close second cause her sniper is fun and I like her mobility. Tracer is fun, but her health is a bit too low and revolves a lot around boasting around. I should try McCree, too. I kinda get irked when I hear "It's High Noon!", but that's just me.

What are your thoughts on the game as well?

• 
MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I haven't picked up the retail game yet (plan on doing that tomorrow), but in the beta my two favourites were Mei and Lucio. I voted for Lucio. He's fun to get around with, I enjoy being able to give everyone a speed boost and switch to healing as need be.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

BIG

STRONG

WIFE

ShadowKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

D.VA best girl all day every day!

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just gonna leave this here and leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNpRg8zYL3I

...It satisfies, no?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Efesell

I really like when everything falls into place and I manage a great game as Tracer. Just the most infuriating opponent in the game if it goes well.

Usually though I overextend constantly and botch every single grenade throw but she's still great!

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Y2Ken

Pharah for me. There's no one in this game I don't enjoy playing, though. Every single character is fun depending on the situation and the map.

maniacjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Torbjorn 4 life.

Camp our spawn on our attack run will you?

My Turret thinks not!

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

All the heroes are fun, but Mei is my favourite. I just destroy people with Mei and barely ever die with her. Genji is really good as a Bastion killer. I wish more people countered Bastion with Genji in battle.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked Reinhardt in the beta, can't stop playing him in retail. He is a great addition to any team and any objective and makes you feel great both standing your ground, and charging into a group of enemies.

Close seconds are Mercy, Tracer, and Soldier

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roadhog. Hooking all of those annoying gnats like Tracer and Genji and just melting them never gets old. His beefy health and self-heal also make him great for defending objectives.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I really love Zenyatta. Can heal like a champ, can kill like a champ, can Ult and save the day.

Runner up right now would be Pharah. I really like her design and attitude, I just feel like her rocket shots don't really do that much damage, even direct hits.

I have to try a bunch of other guys, I haven't taken a tank hero for a spin yet.

CaptainShleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaptainShleg

Apparently I'm in the majority with Lucio. Along with his crazy mobility and badass ult I think he's so appealing because his healing and speed up are a bit more passive than the other supports abilities meaning you're freed up to actively attack.

KillNGer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to go with the Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla' Roadhog on this one.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MindBullet

Mei is adorable and I love her playstyle.

Zenyatta is a mecha-buddha and that's rad.

But I gotta go with Pharah, with that Anubis skin and JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcree with Soldier 76 not so far behind.

Love the stun into the fan the hammer. To me it's the most satisfying combo to pull off, just ahead of hooking people with Roadhog.

Soldier 76 is great when I just want to shoot people, and he seems to be pretty decent against all other heroes.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Lúcio and Mercy are definitely my go-tos. Widowmaker is a fall-back if we have too many healers.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I haven't tried them all yet, but out of the ones I have used I like Roadhog the best.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By imsh_pl

Genji, Hanzo and Pharah are my holy trinity. I picked Genji for the poll since it's really skill intensive to play him well but extremely satisfying if you can pull it off. He's also the character that I feel I learn most about when I play him, and I learn a lot about what I can and can't get away with from my mistakes.

I also like to imagine him as a white collar Japanese dude cosplaying as a ninja. It makes his otherwise self-serious quips said in his accent positively hilarious.

I don't mind playing some Reinhardt, Zenyatta or Lucio if needed.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TobbRobb

Pharah or Tracer probably, I like those two a whole lot. But I play everyone to some extent. My most played right now I think, is in order: Tracer, Torbjörn, Widow, Pharah, Mercy. Those are kind of my core picks a lot of the time it seems. I'll do Lucio/Hanzo/Reinhardt/Junkrat situationally when needed too. The rest is just for variety or fun.

On the flip side, Zarya I've had zero fun with. Black hole is fun and all, but I'm not gonna play a boring hero just for a cool ult. I'm not much for Zenyatta either, but that's more about having to git gud with the charge shot, and the constant vulnerability.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucio is one of the most fun healers I've ever played, and I've done a lot of healing in my time. Passive healing\hasting AOE coupled with wall-running, what's not to like? His musical character design is also appealing to me.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winston, Soldier 76, Torbjörn, sometime Junkrat. But I love being a big gorilla and messing with people,

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Tossup between Junkrat, Zarya and D.Va.

Bastion is trash (not difficult to play around just an uninteresting hero), D.Va is super fun, Genji is odd/probably too soft, Hanzo is super good, Junkrat is great, Lucio is alright, lazy man's healer I suppose, McCree is awesome but difficult to play without a mouse, Mei is OP in a boring sort of way but I don't dislike her, Mercy's great, Pharah is good but also difficult to play without a mouse and ultimately kind of an inferior version of Junkrat with more mobility, Reaper is incredibly boring design, Reinhardt is good, Roadhog is really interesting/nigh invincible with healer support, Soldier 76 is generic, Symmetra is the only hero in the game that strongly benefits from map knowledge 100% of the time, Torbjorn is boring and OP (unless you have a dedicated turret sniper, but only good mode in the game is random heroes), older beta version was more interesting, Tracer's good, Widowmaker is solid, Winston is super boring most of the time but very occasionally shines, think he was better earlier in the beta, Zarya is the best designed hero in the game, Zenyatta is okay.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By shivermetimbers

Happy that Bastion only has 1% I don't like him.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like Reaper and want to stab D.Va in the face with a fork every time she says "winky face", but I guess shooting her point blank will have to do.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By clagnaught

Lucio and D. Va are my favorites. Lucio is probably the hero I'm best with overall so I voted for him.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reaper or Roadhog. I love how Reaper can easily get behind the enemy team and it's super satisfying taking down tanks in 3 hits and sneaking up behind Bastions. Landing hooks with Roadhog is extremely satisfying.

I don't really have any interest playing Torbjorn, Bastion, Windowmaker or Lucio though. I find them boring to play or I feel like other heroes do their job better. I'm actually not sure why Lucio seems to be the most popular support because all you kind of do is run around in circles and sometimes press E. I would pick Mercy or Zenyatta every time over Lucio because at least it feels engaging to me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By mike

@49th: Lucio is better at keeping more people healed at once, so if you're on a team that actually works and sticks together, you can output WAY more healing over a match than Mercy ever could. Couple that with his speed boost and ability to actually do damage and push people off of cliffs. Plus his ultimate is very good and can easily turn the tide of battles in a more proactive way than Mercy's can.

I thought Lucio was kind of garbage at first as well until I started playing him, now I never even play Mercy anymore.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

Heroes never die!

Peleus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing alot of Mercy. Had a couple good games with Soldier 76,Reinhardt and Torbjorn. Really want to try D.Va since i pulled her legendary skin from a box today, sadly every match i get in tank is usually taken and i end up healing

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Junkrat and Genji.

Gave the vote to Junkrat. Launching myself above enemies and raining down traps and bombs in such a fuckin blast.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ripelivejam

junkrat or reinhardt or pharah but it doesn't matter as i horribly suck no matter who i play :D

genji from what i played of him felt especially fiddily but again that's probably because i suck horribly. the shurikens feel weak and it only seems his OP is of any real value. commence pitchforks.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love d.va. I'm not entirely sure if I'm great at playing her yet, but I like her character, weapon and ult.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Soldier: 76 is a pretty good all around character. Not my favorite, but hopefully someone will give him some love. Generic, but still fun enough.

I still prefer Mercy to Lucio. I find that if you're on the attacking side and know how to move around and use your ult, she's a better character. It takes a good team.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cloudymusic

@shivermetimbers said:

Soldier: 76 is a pretty good all around character. Not my favorite, but hopefully someone will give him some love. Generic, but still fun enough.

S:76 is probably in my top 3. Good accuracy even at long range, a sprint, and a nice healing ability. I'm not too surprised that he's nobody's "#1 favorite," but I do really like playing as him.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lucio, especially on Control. Beat the other team to the capture point -> heal -> play keepaway with the alt fire. I also had bizarre, yet successful runs on Defence with Symmetra and Zarya (who I totally forgot has an alt fire).

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Zarya all day long. She seems useful in pretty much every situation and nobody knows how to deal with her. And her beam gun goes through D.Va's shield thing. So many D.Va's keep trying to kill me and they just keep getting beamed down over and over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes to support, I play as Lucio and I really like that I don't have to actively heal people. When I'm forced to, I pick D.va as a tank (I love her Party Time dance.) I never really had to choose a defense character, because there's always an abundance of them.

But, when the shit hits the fan, and it almost always does, I fall back to the grumpy old man and yell "get off my lawn" a lot. So my favorite is Soldier 76. I'm the only one who likes him that much, apparently. And he has the same amount of votes as Bastion? Man, that's harsh.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played for about 2hrs so far and have only tried Lucio. So much fun pushing people off cliffs.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bastion is the best. He can heal himself, turn into a turret AND a tank. Not only that he appreciates nature. I went on a 25 elimination streak thanks to Bastion. Bastion is my best RoboBro.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hallmark of a great game - every single character has something to bring to the table and there is something here for every type of player. Also, Torbjorn all day every day.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Torbjörn in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMJ-s4T16M

Reinhardt is clearly my favorite and does very well especially now when people are overusing Bastion and Widowmaker, even more once teammates figure out that shield only blocks enemies bullets. Also the abilities chain together really well, so you can really do some damage. However, Mei destroys you and I usually counter that by switching to D.Va.

Lucio is in my opinion the best all around healer at the moment, he doesn't have the strongest heal but the boost has relatively short cooldown. He is also really mobile and hard to hit, with a decent amount of damage output to deal with weaker opponents. Problem with Mercy is that you need at least 3 people to make it work, you, a tank and damage dealer where as with Lucio you can just hang around with whoever, providing heals and firepower.

For damage, split between Pharah and Reaper, doing fairly well on both but they excel at different situations. Junkrat is also has his uses by lobbing grenades over the walls but I don't particularly like his mechanics.

Hanzo and Genji I've not played at all other than maybe one round each during beta, they require mouse-precision that I do not have.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I'm that filthy Bastion player that gets POTG every round. Sorry.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

I'm that filthy Bastion player that gets POTG every round. Sorry.

Can't be mad. It's the best time to be Bastion right now.

Woodyrson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Lucio mostly because I have played him way more than anyone else. I don't have a huge group to play with, so it's usually me with randoms or me with one friend and randoms. What I generally do is wait for everyone to pick the hero they want to be and then go with what we don't have. About 80% of the time that's a healer, 15% of the time it's a tank, and 5% is "other". I always roll with Lucio when I'm the healer because his healing effect is AOE and he's SUPER disruptive. There's nothing like pushing an objective as a team and scooting around behind keeping everyone healed up while launching a wall of soundwaves.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

For the offensive, I switch between Pharah (if the map has open spaces) and Soldier 76 (if it is mostly corridors). On the defensive, I am in the minority here, because I do like Bastion.

Hey, if Blizzard gives me a defensive character to hold a point, I am going to use it to its full extend. I stand on the bridge, and no one may pass...

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Phara for me. It's (a bit) like playing Tribes again.

Shazbot.

Mortified_Cow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Widowmaker because my best and most fun matches were when I played as her, but Lucio and Reinhardt are close seconds since I pick them on maps where Widow doesn't make much sense.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Growing increasingly fond of Mercy but it does have the drawback of giving me more time to examine what everyone else is doing and get salty about it. Even though I'd probably make the exact same mistakes every time.

But seriously D.VA players don't boost up and away to blitzkrieg objectives immediately I can do nothing for you but die.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShadyPingu

Zarya. I've had some incredible runs with her on defense. Just hang out near the control point and let the bubbles fly...