User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By TheMasterDS
RedHatDrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Has GiantBomb said whether or not they'd be there? I only ask here because the schedule isn't up yet.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

People in the eastern half of the US: please attend PAX South instead of PAX East if it is closer for you. If you attend both, you are a dirtbag. It's getting hard enough to get tickets to PAX East, and I'd love it if PAX South actually took some of the load off of East, instead of everybody just going to both and this solving no issues at all.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@redhatdrew: No word, but I doubt it. They probably have enough PAX in their life already.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Happens too close to MAGFest for me.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

@redhatdrew: No word, but I doubt it. They probably have enough PAX in their life already.

On the other hand, there were plans to send Jeff and Ryan to PAX Australia, until Ryan passed away. Though I was unclear on whether CBSi was actually treating it as a work trip, or if Jeff and Ryan were basically just deciding to go there personally (thus the reduced presence). PAX South is a lot closer than that.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

What the hell? I randomly came into this thread an hour later and there are still passes available for every day. I've been curious what the reception would be to PAX South, and I think I have my answer.

bobrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like my group will be attending PAX South this year instead of East. Guess we are going to Texas.

code3xbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And 3 day passes are out, according to the pax twitter account.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By TheMasterDS

I wouldn't worry about how fast it sold out. The fact that it sold out of 3 day passes at all should say enough, it shouldn't also have to be in the first 15 minutes. First 2 hours is just as good.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I managed to get two 3-day passes before they sold out. Hopefully GB or at least part of GB does something there, but I won't be too upset if they don't.

I still think it was a stupid, stupid choice to pick San Antonio. Austin would've been far better.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

What the hell? I randomly came into this thread an hour later and there are still passes available for every day. I've been curious what the reception would be to PAX South, and I think I have my answer.

This being the first PAX South probably has someting to do with it. Try again next year and the difficulty will ramp up from Easy to Hard, if not Insane.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Seroth

I'm glad I was able to get enough for me and my friends. I hope PAX South is amazing (ie, Giant Bomb shows up)!

About time we got a big video game convention like this. QuakeCon seems mainly PC-focused, ScrewAttack is super low key...and then there's that RoosterTeeth thing.

church069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my tickets already for Friday and Saturday. I've always wanted to go to PAX but getting a flight out to Seattle or Boston was a little much for me. Props to the people who can afford flying from overseas to those things. San Antonio is only about a 3 hour drive from my hometown, so that is more feasible. It would be awesome if GB showed up for it, but I wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't. Here's to hoping for an awesome time.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#17 Marino  Staff

People in the eastern half of the US: please attend PAX South instead of PAX East if it is closer for you. If you attend both, you are a dirtbag. It's getting hard enough to get tickets to PAX East, and I'd love it if PAX South actually took some of the load off of East, instead of everybody just going to both and this solving no issues at all.

Guess I'm a dirtbag then.

I bought a 3-day pass before they sold out. Not totally sure I'll go. I can cancel the hotel prior to 72 hours, so I'm gonna wait and see what publishers and (hopefully) what panel type people are going.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino said:

@bisonhero said:

I bought a 3-day pass before they sold out. Not totally sure I'll go. I can cancel the hotel prior to 72 hours, so I'm gonna wait and see what publishers and (hopefully) what panel type people are going.

You monster.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19 chaser324  Moderator

@marino said:

@bisonhero said:

You monster.

I hate to break it to you, but the demand for East/Prime tickets exceeds the supply to such a crazy degree that no amount of people opting to just go to PAX South is going to make it noticeably easier to get in.

In fact, there's the distinct possibility that the opposite might actually happen. South will probably be the first PAX for a lot of people in that vicinity, and they might catch PAX fever and want to attend East/Prime as well.

JDP83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there still no word on whether or not the GB crew will going to PAX South?

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's still a ways away, so plans for the Bomb guys to be there are slim, especially since it'll be in the lull after the holidays (maybe not with all those delayed titles). But I'll have fun regardless. I'll be there Sat/Sun. I was recently in San Antonio for another conference, and I have no idea why they went there instead of Orlando, Atlanta or even New Orleans.

stokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

If anything, we should at least get GBeast to do a panel since I don't believe they'll be at Pax Prime.

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#23  Edited By jacobmccourt

Any word on the Bombcrew's intentions with PAX South? It's my first PAX, so any kind of GB love would be amazing.