Phantasy Star Online 2 Alliances?

Brisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was watching the Jeff Gerstmann Home Game video where he played Phantasy Star Online 2, and Jeff mentions opening up the Giant Bomb Alliance there to new players. I got excited to play with fellow Duders, so I immediately did a search and discovered that the Alliance is there but it's actually been locked since. Is there any way to join this Alliance? Are there other Giant Bomb alliances active on the game? I'm on Ship 2, if that matters.

phonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@brisaac: Greetings! I'm on Ship 2 as well (since it was the english ship in japanese client, I chose by default)
It doesn't look like they are full/closed/locked. At this moment it shows there are 12 players in the guild.
First of all, be sure to change your Player ID so that Jeff/Whomever doesn't have to type in a bunch of numbers for a username when inviting to alliance.
You can do this by logging into your ship, choose the Support Menu, Change Player ID Name.
You can google/youtube how to do this if you need visual instructions.

Next, after you have logged into a ship with your character, Visit a "Visiphone Terminal" and go down to "Display Currently Recruiting Alliances", "Display in Order of Alliance Name" and then scroll a couple pages over to find Giant Bomb (owner: jeff).
Actually, now that I think aboot it, I have no clue if this is the official GB guild xD. But anyways, click the name and then "send member application to alliance overseer".

I think the locked status you may have seen was in regards to the Alliance Quarters, but I don't know for sure.

Hope this helps!

Brisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phonz: Thanks for the help! It did help, the only issue is that the Alliance is still locked, and I don't have a way to send an application, it says "send whisper chat to alliance leader" when I do that method through the visiophone. Is there a different way to, like, just send a letter? :D

Hornet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hornet

@brisaac: When I applied to join, I went directly to the alliance counter, searched for the alliance, and there was an option to apply. That will send a mail to Jeff or another officer (like what you saw in his stream), and then they can invite you. Unless he's appointed another officer, Jeff has been popping in to invite people pretty regularly.

abayarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

anyone here run the ship 3 giant bomb alliance? just wondering

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Let me know when the PC version becomes a thing.

Brisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hornet: For the "alliance counter", are you talking about the lady standing next to the skill tree guy? She only gives me an option to do the automatic alliance search and to start my own, nothing about searching for one there....

Sorry for being a pain, I feel like there's definitely something I'm missing but I have no idea where that specific spot is! :(

DrChibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phonz: Thank you very much for the info. I was not aware Player ID Change was a thing. Applied to the Alliance but didn't get a response (Parsifal - Ship 2). Will try again once I get that ID to something more managible.

Brisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the SPECIFIC spot to send a message! PSO2 team helped me out when I sent in a support ticket.

Go to the Visiphone -> the bottom option of "Display Currently Recruiting Alliances" -> "Display in Order of Alliance Name -> scroll over alphabetically to find it (was on page 5/999 for me) -> select "Send a Member Application to the Alliance Overseer".

Avatar image for panburgerpartner
PanburgerPartner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sorry if I didn’t see this covered, but do I have to be on a specific ship to register/play with the GB alliance? I know the game is strict about hopping around ships, so I wanna pick the right one, heh.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone let me know if someone is going to manage things on the PC side when the game finally drops next week on the 27th (though the MS Store).

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NeoCalypso

Alright so that PC version is officially out now, whats the word? What ship should everyone be joining?

Also people should toss inviter player IDs here so we can get referral bonuses.

Avatar image for seattleoriginal
seattleoriginal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Was the console alliance on ship 2? would that be a safe bet for PC?

How does the referral bonus work?

FutbolManager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FutbolManager

From what I remember, the referral bonus gives you currency for a special shop when the referred player hits certain level milestones. Then you can cash those in for some cosmetics, boosters stuff like that.

I think I'm gonna roll with ship 2 for now, since that's where it seems most people are. My player ID is 10497803 for referrals, if anyone wants to use it. I haven't had a chance to make my character yet, but if anyone posts their code by when I do, I'll use it.

EDIT: Alright, changed my player ID to FutbolManager now

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By meatsofevil

I'm on Ship 2 on PC (though unsure it matters), and I see there isn't a Giant Bomb Alliance in the list of "recruiting alliances"

Should one be made for PC? Or is the alliance not recruiting?

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatsofevil: Actually I don't think the referral uses your regular player ID only a specific one that you have to get from before the character select menu. I could be wrong but even after changing my ID to not random numbers the referral ID was still random(but different from the original ID) numbers.

Here is another ID people can use.

My Referral ID: 10491993

Avatar image for seattleoriginal
seattleoriginal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Player ID: SeattleOriginal

Ship: Ship 02: Ur

Player ID: 10259200

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso: Nice thanks for that!

Ship 02: Ur

Player ID: 10508101

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see that other people are interested.

Name: NexivSelecaf
Referral ID: 10538152
Ship: 02 Ur

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Name: Doctor Donkey

Referral ID: 10593580

Ship: 02 Ur

Overminty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name: Overminty

ID: 10635599

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name: User_Undefined

ID: 10650001

CVagts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's an active Alliance on Ship 3, that would be great.

Player ID: CVagts
ID: 10727203
Ship 03: Thorn

LegaultCriez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

postboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was hoping to join the GB one on Ship 2 but it's maxed out with 100 players right now. Guess I'll have to find a different one to join.

JAG203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there I'm level 75 on ship 3 if anyone else is still playing. Happy to join or start an Alliance.

Player ID 10825413

Ship 03

siujrh79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mackdack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers