Do you buy Digital PS3 games at FULL PRICE!?!

• 79 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b79306cd44df
deactivated-5b79306cd44df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you buy Digital PS3 games at FULL PRICE!?! (216 votes)

Yes 35%
No, I wait until there are sales! 26%
No, I have Playstation Plus!!! 45%
 • 
kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

At full price I'll buy a physical copy.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just bought my first ever full game on PSN. At full price (new game). I feel dirty.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Where is the option for "No."

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I bought the digital version of Ni No Kuni in a moment of madness (i.e. I couldn't buy the disc version from my local game emporium at launch) and now I have this gnawing sense of panic that if Sony go out of business, and my PS3 gives up the ghost, I will never be able to play it again.

I don't care about all the digital-only games I paid full price for. I knew what I was getting into.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#55  Edited By sammo21

With PS+ I rarely pay full price for anything on the PSN. On top of that, Sony typically drops the prices of their digital games far sooner and far more often than Microsoft does.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MikkaQ

Well sure, it's not like they let you haggle it down or anything.

But I generally prefer digital when I can get it because hard drive space is orders of magnitude cheaper than physical space.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rarely but I have. LoU was one that alot of people I know paid full price digitally just because of how scarce it was around here. Ni No Kuni was another one because of how few stores actually got it in (though that was $5 cheaper on PSN) and finally Sleeping Dogs, because apparently they had a big upset with the shipment getting stolen or something and basically no store within 100 miles of me got a single copy until 2 weeks after launch. Sure, alot of that could have been solved with Amazon, but I try to buy from our local game shops when I can, lest Gamestop runs them out of business. Also, bad poll is bad.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To quote myself:

Filled up with flavour

No Caption Provided

In less than one calender month PSN+ has given me:

PS3

• MAFIA II
  • When Vikings Attack
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted
  • Battlefield 3
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • PAYDAY The Heist
  • Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
  • XCOM: Enemy Uknown
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting
  • ICO HD
  • Shadow of the Colossus HD
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Catherine
  • Malicious

PS Vita

• LEGO The Lord of the Rings
  • When Vikings Attack
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  • Unit 13
  • Sine Mora
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Gravity Rush

For a total cost of:

• £0.00

Thank you Sony. You’ll have me as a paying member for the next decade if you keep this up.

Dude, you paid for the PS+ sub, they didn't come free.

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rempresent

I have a wife, child and live in Iowa. It is way more convenient to purchase games digitally, especially when I have no desire to sell them off. I am also a guy that has a collection in storage just waiting for something to do, I don't necessarily want to get more Rubbermaid containers to keep adding to this collection. Since it is sitting there for a rainy day and my kids want to know why people love the Dreamcast so much (Seaman).

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't buy almost anything full price. I have PS+ and buy plenty of games on sale through that.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@fattony12000 said:

To quote myself:

Filled up with flavour

In less than one calender month PSN+ has given me:

PS3

• MAFIA II
  • When Vikings Attack
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted
  • Battlefield 3
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • PAYDAY The Heist
  • Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
  • XCOM: Enemy Uknown
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting
  • ICO HD
  • Shadow of the Colossus HD
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Catherine
  • Malicious

PS Vita

• LEGO The Lord of the Rings
  • When Vikings Attack
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  • Unit 13
  • Sine Mora
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Gravity Rush

For a total cost of:

• £0.00

Thank you Sony. You’ll have me as a paying member for the next decade if you keep this up.

Dude, you paid for the PS+ sub, they didn't come free.

Well, I got 30 days free from Sony (that Instant Game Collection list above spans two rotations, thus there are more games on there than if I had timed it less awesomely). So, no, I did not pay anything for them.

I know that I do have to pay for PS+ in the future, so I did. And 11p per day for the next 90 days seemed pretty fair in return for all of this (and another three rotations of free games):

No Caption Provided

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Yeah if I don't have time to pick up a game at the store I'll go ahead and grab it if its available. I installed a 1 tb harddrive into that thing so I'm good in terms of space. I think the only time I went hey I could download this now or wait a few days and go to the store and buy it was when "Ni No Kuni." I just remember that game being large in download size and in updates.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GreggD

@fattony12000: I'm not saying it's a bad deal, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people say they're getting the games for free, even though you have to pay for PS+ to get them and maintain your ability to play them.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@fattony12000: I'm not saying it's a bad deal, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people say they're getting the games for free, even though you have to pay for PS+ to get them and maintain your ability to play them.

You pay for PS+, a service which gives you access to free games every month along with PSN discounts and other benefits. You aren't paying for the games, you're paying for the service. People who feel the need to say "well, you see, it's not really free" are a pet peeve of mine.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No tax on digital games is kinda nice. softens the blow of buying new games ($60 vs $67 in CA...). Also, PSN deals are nice (e.g. Rayman Legends for $36 for Vita).

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GreggD

@greggd said:

You pay for PS+, a service which gives you access to free games every month along with PSN discounts and other benefits. You aren't paying for the games, you're paying for the service. People who feel the need to say "well, you see, it's not really free" are a pet peeve of mine.

You still have to pay to access the "free" games. So no, they're not free.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

Well, I did not pay anything to get and play those games, so I did get them for free. I had to pay to continue to be able to play and get more of those games. Those are two separate things.

@greggd said:

Well, I did not pay anything to get and play those games, so I did get them for free. I had to pay to continue to be able to play and get more of those games. Those are two separate things.

@greggd said:

@strainedeyes said:

@greggd said:

You still have to pay to access the "free" games. So no, they're not free.

Here's an animated picture image for everyone to enjoy:

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No because with the ever-ongoing attempt at getting twice the cash for games in certain parts of Europe, they are often a lot cheaper at the good ol' fashioned retailers while the digital store pricing seems clueless and stuck in the magical land of Five-years-ago.

Also I've got PS+ because that thing is pretty sweet even though it rarely helps when it comes to new games.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's really crazy that the games in the PSN store are 59,95€ and some are even 69,95€! What the fuck? Why would you ever do that when you can get a physical copy for 60€ and get the ability to sell and loan it. I really hope the next-gen will see much more aggressive digital pricing. All new games at 50€ and some could go to 45€ PC pricing basically.

It's totally nuts that PS+ exist in the same ecosystem as 69,95€ Battlefield 4. That's a publisher thing, but Sony still asks 59,95€ for Last of Us. That game is amazing and is definitely worth it, but I don't see any reason to buy digital instead of physical with those prices. You can't even say it's fast or convenient since it's much faster to go to a store and buy the game than download 26GB off of PSN.

DallasTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DallasTheGamer

I don't buy full digital games that much. I like having physical copies. But when I actually do buy digitally, I wait for a sale... if it's a great game and digital only, then it's a different story.

RavenousJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RavenousJoker

I do not buy any digital games.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rarely ever buy digital games, I prefer to own physical copies of games. Another thing I hate is the amount of hard drive they take up.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Hell no, I wait until that shit hits PS Plus.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

nope, the consoles don't get how to digital yet.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Playstation Plus dawg.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#77  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I bought two Atelier games for my Vita at full price, but that's about it, other than that I've waited for PS+ discounts.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#78  Edited By MormonWarrior

I only did it once, I have PS Plus and I got Puppeteer for cheaper. It still sucks, unfortunately, but at least it wasn't $40.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By phantomzxro

No i have PlayStation plus was my answer but more so i buy on disc 95% percent of the time if i have a choice. I will say i did buy battlefield 4 to take advantage of the spend 50 get 10 back deal which will work out well when its time to upgrade for ten bucks.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have way too many fucking free PS+ games to wrap up to even think about actually buying a game, let alone at full price.