Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Quite exciting, just now realizing we're stepping into a new generation of games.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By TruthTellah

It was quite the launch, I must say. Better than I expected.

I quite enjoyed some of the great moments during the launch event in NY...

Photoshopped Shuhei Yoshida was revealed to always be watching at every PlayStation launch event ever held.
Photoshopped Shuhei Yoshida was revealed to always be watching at every PlayStation launch event ever held.

When Geoff Keighley gazed long into the new PlayStation Camera, the new PlayStation Camera also gazed into him.
When Geoff Keighley gazed long into the new PlayStation Camera, the new PlayStation Camera also gazed into him.

A young boy named Joey touched the PS4 and suddenly felt the spirit of Antonio Banderas come upon him in a moment of sheer ecstasy.
A young boy named Joey touched the PS4 and suddenly felt the spirit of Antonio Banderas come upon him in a moment of sheer ecstasy.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Bollard

No GB live stream scheduled? What gives?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

No GB live stream scheduled? What gives?

Jeff estimated it'd be around 1 PST, and bleed through into regular Unprofessional Friday time. But they want to make sure PSN is usable before they start playing so they can mess with the live streaming and online portions of games unconditionally, unlike most of the other live streams that ignored that stuff due to lack of PSN accessibility.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Ah thanks, I was expecting it to show up in the "Coming Up" box on the front page. Do you mean 1pm? Unless I got my conversions wrong 1am PST is in like half an hour?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56  Edited By Nodima

@chavtheworld AM, but I got it a little wrong, took a LOT of scrolling to find the answer I was looking for. Almost thought I'd gone crazy!

Anonymous asked:

Any idea at all when your PS4 livestream is going to start? Is it going to be early like the Extra Life one?

We haven’t set a start time yet, but it’ll probably be around 11ish, Pacific time.

In other words. 11AM PST is 1PM CST, so that's why I thought 1.

also....

Anonymous asked:

Why did you guys wait until Friday to do your PS4 livestream?

It seems like it’d be pretty weird to not have anything meaningful on the actual day of launch, plus most of the online games wouldn’t be in a showable state.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

East coaster, spur of the moment decided to buy a pS4 tonight, if nothing else than to be a part of a launch camp out for the first time in my adult life (think Dreamcast was the last one, I was 12). Although I also had a PS2 and Xbox around launch (but not day one) they were ordered online and a terrible scam/hassle ensued. Turned me off to console launches. The PS3 launch and it's coverage at The Hotspot "Potential?! Show me the games! Raaaahhhhhhhh!!!!" was so classic, I wanted to finally be one of those people hunting for a console zero hour.

I figure I can sell my old sky landers and gta5 collectors edition to make up the cost.

I figure since none of the launch games interest me or have stellar never before seen graphics, if I didn't find one tonight it wouldn't bother me. I still don't have games yet.

Went to one Walmart around 6PM and 3 of the 7 slots were taken. Decided to go to Target first for B2G1 cause I had store credit there and needed to return the dual shock 4 to use on ps3 I bought a week ago. But by the time I got back to Walmart the spots were gone.

Called around and seemingly every Walmart in a 20 mile radius closed at 9PM (and would launch their PS4s at 8am today).

Did some shopping at Walmart then gave a rough shot chance calling a walmart out in the sticks at 10pm that happens to be open till midnight. They said five people were in line. We got there at 1030 and luckily ended up being #6 of 7 spots. Minutes later, 7 showed up. Really cut it close.

So what's a Walmart console launch like? Far fewer people than a Best Buy. Only non-preorder first come serve people, no one with a preorder ever showed up. Indoors. We got to wait by the door where customer service people send returned/damaged crap to the stock room. And since we got their at 1030, not too bad of a wait sitting around. A lot of normal people, not crazy fanboy nerds. No media news teams interviewing (hey, without camping out for a week in 10 degree weather you've got no 11 o clock news item)

Lots of employee jokes about their being lost stock, not enough systems, sold the last one to that guy, etc

Got it home by 1am easy, quickly updated, struggled to login for 2 hours, now I'm watching twitch streams.

No regrets

bluesun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chavtheworld: re the livestream, it was in the 'Coming Up' box earlier... I'm sure it just got pushed out by the number of events happening in the hours beforehand. Its got 5 there now, never seen more then that. The last one starts 2 hours before the livestream is supposed to...

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jackel2072

I'm at work now I'll see if we got any ps4 in. I know we were supposed to

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Thanks! That's 7pm for me, awesome.

TzarStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jackel2072

Yeah I can confirm the Costco I work at has about 48 of packaged with the extra controller and the year of PS+

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So, I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but Sony was on Jimmy Fallon showing off the Playstation camera with Ice T. It looks pretty neat and Ice T seems to dig it.

Loading Video...

I apologize if this is considered Youtube spam.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Picked up two for a discount. Was a fun night.

randomstring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't go out at midnight but my PS4 ordered through amazon with normal shipping got the Hell Ya! amazon upgrade to launch day shipping so instead of next week it should be arriving this afternoon.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Considering that I live in a college town I was surprised to see several Walmarts in my area all say that they are in stock. Gamestop doesn't show in store inventories anymore, but that would be the most likely place to sell out first

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a few hours Sony will write history in Europe. This this thing will sell like crazy. It would be already very strange if this console will not break every record in all Countries. Of course it depends also on how many Sony can ship but they seem to be really prepared for it. France looks like you will not get anything until February/March. But we will see^^

While people in Europe are waiting or people in the US doing this thanksgiving think here are some links to join the hype in Europe.

Here is a stream event for Germany with over 1000 people already in line, Musik German B celebs and more.

http://stream.4theplayers.de/

If you want some German culture if we have any XD. And I am sorry for this German Hip Hop music^^

No Caption Provided

Also at 10PM UK time a stream from Sony London: Not live yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yFWHFgV4xA&feature=share#aid=P-pZ2S-azcg

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69  Edited By Seppli

Oh Postman, where are thou?

Guess mailmen know how Santa feels on a console launch day.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm at the same time hyped and also bummed out, that I didn't find a place to pre-order the normal version from. Some even managed to get it just by pre-ordering this week, apparently...

I did pre-order Killzone Bundle over a month ago and they stopped taking reservations on that twenty days after I placed mine, so I'm semi-confident in the fact that I'll get mine...but all these news about some stores not having received enough consoles for all pre-orderers and their next shipments including even a fewer consoles than the current one aren't exactly settling news...

But mneh, can only wait and see at this point! 16 days to go...

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Germany: A Store in a town with 24k inhabitants

This is crazy

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Darji

that is why I hate Germans as a German^^

Loading Video...

Why can'T we not be more Japanese and line up for stuff?.. Anyway looks like the system is sold out everywhere in Europe until January February. In France even March. Welcome to next gen. I just hope I can get one until infamous comes out.

One region left and it seems they are already coming close to their 3 million for this year.