PS4 this year! ok but it's really worth?

• 67 results
Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@alastir: That's great news, someone else can hopefully get in on that PS4 since they're sold out now.

At least you're not flipping it for a profit like some jerk, so if nothing else, I respect that.

Sony doesn't have a record of abandoning older platforms just because a new console launches, they were still releasing PS2 games years after that PS3 launched. A new R&C for the PS3 at a $30 price point is pretty awesome for people who aren't going to upgrade to a PS4 right away, which will be most people. Seeing it as some sort of negative on their part is just naive and short sighted. After the PS4 comes out, there will still be 70+ million PS3s out there, Sony would be nuts to just stop supporting those people.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By joshwent

@joshwent said:

After the whole red ring of death situation and Sonys many hardware/software fuck-ups, I'm surprised that anyone preorders a brand new console. It seems like the PS3 is the place to be for the next 6 months anyway.

Purchase an extended warranty, for the 50 bucks it'll be worth it. I plan to.

But doesn't that just mean you're paying extra money to be able to send off your console to the manufacturer, so you wouldn't be able to play it anyway for like 2 weeks if there is a problem?

Not really judging though, there are some good reasons to want a console on launch. Like if you're really excited about multiplayer games, Titanfall will probably be best in the first year. As I'm mainly a single player guy, I'm fine just avoiding the extra potential hassle and waiting until all the bugs are worked out.

Hopefully they've both just learned and tested the shit outta those boxes before sending them off so we won't have to even worry about this anymore.

Bleaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Bleaker

I would have suggested against pre-ordering anyway. All this talk about how Microsoft has more first party launch titles, they have better fps, yadadada. This is still three-four months from launched. Games still have another good two months away from launch to tweak and fix. Games can still be announced, games can be pushed back, and several things can happen between now and launch.

PS3 didn't have a good launch with first party, true. This may not have thousands of first party titles right away, but I'm putting my bet on Sony, because of how many first party titles that it will get.

Also that new R&C excites me greatly and I will buy it. Just because a new generation is starting, doesn't mean the old one is ending. PS3 still has a lot of quality titles coming out in holiday.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The only reason to get a console at launch is to be part of the gaming zeitgeist. There are just too many negatives for getting a console within two years of it's launch.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Buying a console at launch is stupid. The games will not be as good in the cold light of 1 years hindsight, (Perfect Dark Zero), you have to deal with the fear of console failure, (360 Red Ring), the system will be $100 cheaper the following holiday season, ($599 PS3, $399 PS2) and the launch games that were good will be cheap and better games will be out. Knowing all this I still pre-ordered one and I will be their midnight, (well actually I'll be waiting in my house until the UPS dude delivers it to me), playing my launch games on a brand new piece of kit.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mikey87144 said:

Buying a console at launch is stupid. The games will not be as good in the cold light of 1 years hindsight, (Perfect Dark Zero), you have to deal with the fear of console failure, (360 Red Ring), the system will be $100 cheaper the following holiday season, ($599 PS3, $399 PS2) and the launch games that were good will be cheap and better games will be out. Knowing all this I still pre-ordered one and I will be their midnight, (well actually I'll be waiting in my house until the UPS dude delivers it to me), playing my launch games on a brand new piece of kit.

I was thinking to myself half way through this "God another person hating on launch consoles" Then I lol'd at the second half. Well played, sir.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both next gen systems have weak exclusive line-ups. I lean towards more PS4's because I actually enjoy Killzone and I'm really interested in Drive Club and Knack. Nothing on the Xbone is even moving the needle. But I'm getting a PS4 because of all the third parties. I don't really care that most if not all of them are available on PS3 because the next gen versions are there. This gen has dragged on so long I'm not going to prolong it when I can afford a PS4 anyways.The inferior current gen versions does not take away from how awesome they will be next gen. Battlefield 4 is the prime example of this. The console version of BF3 was so short thrifted compared to its PC big brother its not even funny. BF4 on PS3/Xbone will not have that problem. 64 player online at 60fps with large scale destructible maps on a console? Compared to the 24 player, 30fps version with maps that are shrunken down. Sign me up.

oliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a price drop for at lest 2 years so they a big wait for that

iv pre order cos iv never a system at day one befor aha pointless but im hyped

JungleGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess we should wait for the rest of this year's gaming events to see if a new title will be announced. I'm also not that excited for the initial line up although it's looking far better than what was available for the PS3 at launch.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like if you're going to buy something for $400 and I mean hellbent on it and doing so sooner wouldn't leave you financially insecure then you might as well do it, what are you gaining by buying a system later when you know you might want a few of those games right away.

Not just that but unlike the Wii U you might actually want these multiplatform games since they look so purdy.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

You would think, sony, or microsoft, would come up with a way to do preorders like some companys do games.

Where they take your money, and give you a pice of paper, that costs them nothing.

Then they know how many consoles they need to ship. they have at least 5$+ and they can count on that sale.

But its not like i'm a ceo of a company or anything.

TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wait for Gamescom and TGS before making any decision.

Gamescom: August 22 - 25.

TGS: September 19 - 22.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be worth it not to have the NSA spy on me while I'm furiously mastrubating to the latest installment of Tomb Raider.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alastir said:

Well I've canceled my preorder, I think Sony is not pushing his first party games until the end of the year (2014). Not really interested on KZ, BF4 o CoD, it's not my cup of tea games :/.

besides announcing ratchet and clank for ps3 put me mad, srsly? a new r&c for ps3 when ur releasing a new fucking console? Ok, don't count with me until you announce a new games.

I think Sony have a good console, but MS put a really better and interesting line up for xbone, besides third party games ofc. I hope they announcing something new on GC and TGC... I have not much hope srsly, Sony always launch his PS with no first party gaems. Im sure ur think im a fucking troll, sorry I dont care, is what I think.

If you're not interested in multiplayer shooters what exactly has you interested about the Xbox One? Dead Rising? Fantasia? The PS4 already has a much more varied array of exclusives announced and the launch lineup for both consoles is the best we've ever seen.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Launch is never worth it but I am going for it for my own reasons. Mainly, I don't have a powerful PC and never plan on getting one but I would like to play BF4. I have also been playing a lot of PS2 and PS3 lately so I want to grab a PS4 at launch to fulfil my false fanboy fantasies.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rational answer : no

Non-rational answer : yesssssssss

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It is NEVER worth it to buy a console on launch. I've done it several times over and every single time, I regret it. The first two days or so with your new machine will be glorious but then you'll run out of shit to play and it'll sit there gathering dust for another six months.