Should I trade in my Vita?

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So, I bought a Vita a couple months after it launched with Uncharted, Mortal Kombat, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I have bought exactly 1 game since then (Tearaway), and I don't see myself buying any more. I am seriously considering trading it in at Play N Trade, but I want some input from you guys so I don't regret my decision later on. Thanks.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

If you don't think it is worth it why not, but I think it is worth it for P4G alone, but to each their own.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

If you aren't using it sure but I would SELL it not trade it. You're going to get absolutely robbed if you go to GameStop.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By noboners

You wanna just sell it to me?

Edit: are we not allowed to discuss sales on the boards? I forget...

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucking love mine. It's by far the platform I play the most games on. But if you don't like it, sell it on craigslist.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's a shitload of games actually coming to it, and it's been my platform of choice for a lot of recent indie titles. [Luftrausers ftw]

Also, the remote play with PS4 is niiiiiice.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@supermonkey122: unless you're starved for cash I'd say let it sit. You never know when some weird exclusive will pop up.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I mean if you don't use it, and you don't see yourself using it, then why not sell? Just a heads up though, it's totally viable as a platform. I'm actually using it right now as my main platform because I'm away from my consoles and there is a surprising amount of good games on it, and it really opened my eyes to how great the system is.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#9  Edited By fisk0

Kinda odd thing to ask, since it all comes down to what you think of the existing library. If you aren't into anything that's out (or is coming up), sure, trade it in.

I guess I could suggest that you wait a while, I'd wager the original OLED versions may get some additional trade-in value when the LCD ones get more common.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

You should probably look into the Playstation Store for your games instead of retail games... that's where all the hot shit is for the Vita...

I love my Vita.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looking in to having it hacked I'm sure there are allot of stuff you can do with it after... it immediately made my psp more useful.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Play Person 4 Golden on it.

avenlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By avenlaya

I just bought a Vita to play PS1 classics on it as well as the remote play for the PS4. I would at the very least wait out until E3 comes around to see if Sony does anything with the Vita.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corevi

if you arent into JRPGs or Visual Novels then the Vita is kinda crap and @agentboolen theres no CFW for Vita yet

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There are a lot of weird Japanese games out there that have made my Vita a worthwhile purchase.

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was on the fence about buying one for the longest time. I have found a ton of games to play on it and have sunk a ton of time into it. I had a 3ds and sold it off in the past and a year later I regretted it, so much so that I just picked up a 2ds at target for $100. From now on I told myself that I may sell games that don't have a big impact on me but never hardware. What you get in return is never worth what you give up and just after you do something comes out that you'll want to play again. I've been burned twice but never again. I once sold my ps3 (knowing that I eventually wanted the slim model) but then bought a new one for Uncharted 2. Then the 3ds I didn't touch for a year then ALBW gets announced. Keep your hardware.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@humanity said:

@supermonkey122: unless you're starved for cash I'd say let it sit. You never know when some weird exclusive will pop up.

If he was into weird exclusives he'd be playing his Vita because of games like Danganronpa, OlliOlli, 10x8, Ys Celceta, Project Diva F, Dokuro, Soul Sacrifice, etc. He seems like a dude that's into Uncharted and Mortal Kombat, and a Vita is no good for that.

If you aren't into weird small games, JRPGs, visual novels or don't have PS+ then a Vita is not for you. If any of those things do apply to you then there is a reason to own a Vita.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy Yea. I play the occasional weird Japanese game or JRPG, but it's not very often. The only Japanese games I really play are from Nintendo. I think I'm gonna sell it, thanks for the feedback guys.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#19  Edited By LordAndrew

Things are a lot better than they were at launch, but if it's still not doing anything for you then go ahead and sell it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#20  Edited By fisk0

@avenlaya said:

I just bought a Vita to play PS1 classics on it as well as the remote play for the PS4. I would at the very least wait out until E3 comes around to see if Sony does anything with the Vita.

Sadly the PS1 classics selection isn't great, at least not in the EU where about half the PSN PS1 Classics section is PS3/PSP only, no Vita support. :/ Seems like EA hasn't let them put any EA PS1 games on the Vita, and even some first party games are unavailable. Square/Eidos seem to be the only ones that have made every single game Vita compatible. If it wasn't for the remote play, I'd probably suggest a PSP Go or something to play PS1 classics on the go. I've even considered getting the PSP E1000 for that purpose.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hunkulese

Are you struggling to pay rent this month? If not, I can't think of any reason to sell it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ripelivejam

i've been having a ball with my Vita so far. i know gameplay > graphics and i love my 3ds to death but maaaan aren't some of the games on this screen purdy (Super Stardust Delta *droolz* )

(Persona 4's alright i guess)

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VLR is pretty sweet, if you haven't played it yet give it a shot before you get rid of the Vita.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't trade in systems. You'll get nothing for it