Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is pretty weird and unexpected....I've never actually played this game before. I like the star trek universe though, so I might give it a shot! ^_^

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That's pretty cool I might get back into it again on my Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be1da2bba3cc
deactivated-5be1da2bba3cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they've cut down on the amount of grinding fleets have to do and have made upgrades more flexible for smaller fleets. The problem the original faced, when I still played, was that only the mega-fleets were able to progress their bases and I don't see this as getting even close to the amount of player numbers on console as had been on the PC at one point.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sort of interested in this. Might be a decent whittlin' game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I had never watched an ounce of Star Trek and found STO to be tons of fun when I played it how ever many years ago on PC. Now, as someone who has recently gotten into the series, thoroughly enjoys it (seriously, I freaking love this show), and doesn't have a gaming pc anymore, I actually find this news to be really exciting.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'll probably never play an MMO again, not even for Star Trek. There is grinding in games, then there are mmos which take it to ludicrous levels.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Maybe as a lifetime member I'll check it out, damn I was an idiot with my money sometimes.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jay_ray said:

Maybe as a lifetime member I'll check it out, damn I was an idiot with my money sometimes.

You and @jeff should be on a live stream together when this goes live.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I actually have never really looked at this game until the trailer in the OP link ... it, uh, sure looks like a PC MMO from 2010. There's nothing wrong with that, but it still seems like an odd choice to put the game out on consoles now.

Fenris_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought this game was shut down. Well, looking forward to hearing Jeff's inevitable thoughts about this.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#12  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@jay_ray said:

Hey, I got my money's worth out of my lifetime purchase, and in the two years since I played it actively I've gotten enough cryptic points to buy whatever I want in the store, if there ever was a ship I'd actually want.

I think STO could be a decent fit for consoles. It always had halfway implemented gamepad controls, maybe this'll make them fully implement gamepad on PC as well.

LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey!! That's wicked!! I'm stoked actually. Love me some Star Trek. Heard decent things about this mmo. But I'm a console gamer. This is awesome news for me. Seems like a great way to really get into an MMO. And the Star Trek part is just icing on the cake.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What.

Sharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many of my IRL friends want to play STO but don't have PC capable of running it. I'll finally be able to play it with them.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhhh...o-kay then.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it F2P? And if so i wonder if it would require plus or gold membership

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I don't so much care for Star Trek, but maybe this will open doors for more MMOs on consoles apart from what we already have. I'd love to see a sequel to LOTRO or a version of that come to consoles. I'd play through that again.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think this is great simply because I want them to improve upon the gamepad support.

Also the game isn't half-bad and it's like the one place for the lore of the good kind of Star Trek.

Vault-TecRep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome!! I had some fun a couple of years back playing STO on my Mac. It's not a bad game, sure it's a bit stuck in the past but it plays well and is regularly updated. I'll definitely have to give it a shot on the PS4.