• 82 results
Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really, really enjoy this game, and I had no idea what to expect as I never played the prototype version out there.

The story was short, yes, but I thought it was super neat and way deeper then I thought.

The endless mode and challenges will hold my attention for a while. I can get into that right now like a lot of people are getting into Devil Daggers.

I was fine with the price. I've spent much more on games that I didn't enjoy any of (looking at you Witness), and I don't have an ingrained view of how much something should cost based on how long it takes.

Most important thing for me is that I am having a ton of fun, and that justifies the price in my views.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity Oh yeah, plenty of good stuff there that I also spent a good while just staring at...and holy shit, this endless mode! This is my Devil Daggers!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@grulet: I was surprised at how perfectly they recreated @mike in their fake chat rooms

(winks knowingly at mod)

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

New games cost $80 in Canada. Welcome to the current state of the CAD?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By mrcraggle

The price does seem weirdly high for Canada as it's priced as £16.19 here in the UK. The story mode is super short but the meat of the game is definitely the endless and challenge modes. Each level also has a hidden secret to find and they are really difficult to find without a guide. A little spoiler for the hidden secret in level 3 requires a leap of faith and there's other little hidden things to find. I know on the Beastcast Vinny said that he wanted a freecam, well there is. Just press 0 during a replay. It's super janky though.

I can see why they don't tell you this

Anomareh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hesitated at the price as well. Then I found out about the endless mode and the challenges. I stopped hesitating.

I always find myself worrying about how many hours a game is going to be. Then I realized I never finish most games anyways. Now my criteria for buying games is less about how many hours long it is and more about the likelihood I'll finish it.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@mrcraggle: I mean, it's actually £18 with a 10% discount which is why that CA$ might sound a little high (as it's being talked about without the launch window discount) - also we're used to the CA$ being somewhat closer to the US$ in value.

£18 is CA$33.74 so we're talking a 67 pence overcharge with today's exchange rate (Google says: "18.67 British Pound equals 35.00 Canadian Dollar").

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Each level also has a hidden secret to find and they are really difficult to find without a guide.

Oh, this is nice to know. Definitely difficult, because I looked around a whole lot in many of the levels and didn't find anything. Are those included just in the story mode?

I've now played around 7 hours and man, definitely the best 20 euros I've spent this year!

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivoa:Did mean to write with a 10% discount, whoops. The CAD is so worthless. Good thing I'm going out there soon. My money basically doubles and a lot of things are cheaper. But with Steam, if the price is listed as $35, do you then have to pay tax on top of that?

@grulet: I looked around level 2 for ages to find the secret and just couldn't find it. Same with level 4. Someone has already made a guide on Steam so could use that if I struggle. I think the price is certainly fine. The story stuff is around 2 hours but then there's more stuff to be found around the story with the secrets plus the chat you can listen in on is pretty great.

No Caption Provided

Add in the endless mode plus the challenges, there's a lot more content here then first blush. I just think people are looking back when the devs said it'd be $15 but that was over a year ago, the game could've just been the story mode and little more when they said that. I just hope this isn't it for SH. I'd love to see some sort of mod/Steam workshop support or some kind of level editor.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if this game had an N++ amount of levels, or even half of that, I'd be happier to pay the price they're asking. From the videos of it the best part for me are the well designed story levels, which are effectively a puzzle. There's not enough of those though.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm glad I got it for the price I did, and it's definitely a game that has a unique thing that it does very well, but I'm not sure I can recommend it to the people who still think it's not worth the price. The story mode goes in some interesting directions, and the levels it throws at you are fun, but again there isn't much there. There's an Endless mode, sure, but I find that it doesn't do much for me personally. Maybe that will grab you enough to make you come back for more once you finish the incredibly short story mode, and granted the gameplay is something to behold, but... It feels a lot like RONIN to me in that they seem like puzzle games with action gameplay. Once you run out of puzzles it becomes a lot less interesting. Sure, you can do side stuff but it doesn't really feel like the same thing.

There's certainly a lot of reasons why this game deserves all the praise it gets, and I understand why it's priced the way it is, but I stand by my original reasoning that if I had to buy this at the asking price I would just wait for a sale.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

18$ (US) on GMG with the 10%discount plu 20% voucher

alphasquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone wants it, here's a discount code.

SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER I'VE PLAYED IN YEARS!

Use this discount and join me now : http://superhotgame.com/discount/#2660050FD7E8

brads_beard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By brads_beard

People should charge whatever they want for their product.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is true that the actual story mode is pretty short (2 hours seems to be the average amount that people have spent on the story part of the game). On the other hand there are also the challenges and the endless arena mode.

So far i have spent about 6 hours on this game doing the story mode and 2 of the challenge modes (the katana challenge and the AD2063 mode ..cant remember the excact name of the latter mode). Currently i am doing the ghost challenge mode which requires you to use only your fists (in this mode you have the switching option available at any level).

Personally I do feel that I have got my moneys worth out of the game. Though the worth of a game is a subjective opinion and changes from a person to person. I think you also have to take in the fact that this is a small indie team and considering the quality of the game I think they did an excellent job of producing such an enjoyable gaming experience.

Also Superhot is the most innovative shooter in .....ahem....nm.

Avatar image for deactivated-60339640361ae
deactivated-60339640361ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I know on the Beastcast Vinny said that he wanted a freecam, well there is. Just press 0 during a replay. It's super janky though.

They tell you all the extra replay controls in the #hacking chatroom. They also mention that it's kinda weird and broken.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#67  Edited By stordoff

Value is such a subjective thing (I've pledged $100+ for certain KickStarter games, and there are games I would happily pay that amount for (e.g. Persona 4 / Steins;Gate), which probably seems crazy to some people), so the creator should be free to charge whatever they like for the game. That said, £18 is personally too high for this game - a game/gamemode without a narrative rarely holds my attention for long, so a two-hour narrative + endless mode doesn't seem like a great deal for me. If the endless mode appeals to you, more power to you - if that's the kind of thing you enjoy, this seems like a great game to try out. I love the game's style though, so I'll definitely consider it when the price drops and/or in a sale.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terjay: I meant outright tell you. The only way to find out is as you mentioned through the chat.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shhhhh... Don't say too much ;)

If anyone wants it, here's a discount code.

SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER I'VE PLAYED IN YEARS!

Use this discount and join me now : http://superhotgame.com/discount/#2660050FD7E8

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

some endless mode I won't engage with due to lack of competitive spirit

This was weird to me because I found the story levels boring and was waiting to unlock the endless mode. I'm not competitive either, I just really like the gameplay and didn't want to be shackled to some tight puzzle rooms when all I wanted to do was run around and kill a bunch of people.

£16 was more than I expected it to be, but it didn't seem outrageous. I've spent a lot more for a lot less.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I mean really this has nothing to do with complaints about the game's pricing and everything to do with the lousy CAD conversion rate

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By GaspoweR

If the price is too high or rather if I want to save it to buy a different game that I like more at that moment, I always wait for the deal. I really enjoyed the streams for certain games and got just about what I wanted by watching the streams for them so I usually just wait for it to get a discount.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've felt this way ever since game prices have gone up in Canada.

In all honesty, it's usually better to just wait ... most of the games drop in price or go on sale fairly regularly.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've went ahead and bought it, beat it, and played some of the additional challenges. I think it's a really unique experience with a really clever way of weaving in gameplay with the narrative. Had a really fun time with it.

That said, despite really enjoying it, I think it's a maximum $15 game. If you're on the fence because of value/gameplay etc then I might even wait for a steeper sale.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@humanity: That's pretty much spot on. I really fucking enjoyed my time with it and definitely regret nothing. But those still on the fence might as well wait for a solid sale.
Do not forget this game though - it's pretty damn cool and absolutely worth playing.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I have to admit it's too expensive for me also in canuckland.

That said, I want to be clear I'm not coming out and saying I think they are asking to much for this game. I'm definitely one of those people who wants more flexible pricing for games. But yeah, there's a reality to that and that reality is $35 bucks is too much for me to pull the trigger on superhot. Used the last of my game budget to finally pick SFV! Woo hoo!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: I'm all about supporting talented, young devs that are trying to do something cool and new AND they actually end up with a really fun end product. I also think that you can absolutely say they asked too much for this, because they did. It's their decision and they have every right to make it but that doesn't mean it's a good one.

elvicerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By elvicerator

Two reasons to be glad I backed this on Kickstarter, one because it's a great game, and two because I only paid $14 USD for my copy.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks that the price didn't come in a little lower. I want to play it, but I just know it's gonna be a part of some sale down the line. So far the only game I've waited on that hasn't eventually hit the sale wall was Clockwork Empire.... oh how I long to pay less than full price for it..... oh Clockwork Empire...

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@humanity said:

@geraltitude: I'm all about supporting talented, young devs that are trying to do something cool and new AND they actually end up with a really fun end product. I also think that you can absolutely say they asked too much for this, because they did. It's their decision and they have every right to make it but that doesn't mean it's a good one.

It's fair for you to say you feel like that, but for me, not knowing how much it cost to make the game and how well it is doing already, I wouldn't judge it as a business decision yet. Though it's definitely against the grain. So I get what you're saying but I don't think it's a bad decision myself. You've played it though right? I haven't. Huge difference. Once I cross that bridge I can say how I really feel about the price, otherwise anything I say now would just be guessing really.

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through the whole story and decided I liked it enough to purchase it. This isn't a solution for anyone obviously but it is a recommendation from someone who was put off by the price.

Now to play through it again so I can get back to my katanaonly run.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The CAD has had a good week, we're up six cents from the lowest point. when we dipped under .70 US. I hate the exchange too, but its when devs like Ubisoft and Bioware pay their costs in CAD and still ask for $80... that ticks me off.

GMG's deals are good, i've gotten most of my recent games for $40-45 USD. Do your research, you can't refund GMG keys once you redeem them on Steam.

I don't own Super Hot, i've only seen the QL, and it looks interesting. Though hot off of Fire Emblem and with Zelda coming up i'm tapped out for new games right now, curse my Nintendo obsession.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#84  Edited By xpgamer7

I kickstarted it so I have a copy, but If I didn't the price would be a bit high for me. I almost never can afford games when they first come out so the whole starting cost is a little personally disconnected but 25 bucks seems a little much. I still feel weird about Braid being 20, Gone home had to have it's price justified in Patrick's review and the price is the one thing stopping me from buying Firewatch is that 20 dollar price tag. I don't know the market science behind what people buy and what the sweet spot for actually earning money as developers is per genre and acclaim but I do know that more and more developers think about how to sell their game through not just the sales, but bundle deals and promotions like humble monthly or playstation plus. I have to imagine that might mean price hikes for initial buyers as more of the frugal crowd waits for even better deals.

Also I would say that it's worth it's price tag even if it is high for me. There's a nice sense of polish to the whole thing that makes it feel worth it's cost.