GamePass PC Version Technical Issues

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I just tried booting this game up and was excited to check it out, but immediately the in game textures and character model start flickering. My pc is more then capable of running this and all drivers are up to date. Tried fiddling with some settings, but no noticeable improvement. Hope they get this patched soon.

I've been pretty disappointed with gamepass on pc, as far as the day one releases go. So many games launching broken, but I guess that is just the nature of most new releases these days.

Anyone else having a better experience with this?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Just fired the game up briefly to test it, before digging in properly tomorrow. Seemed to work all fine on my PC and I haven't really looked for discussions about it yet, so don't sadly have any advice to give out.

DUTAMETA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have r5 2600x + rx 470 4g and i am having the same problem.

Ydder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here... 5600x + 6700XT

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5 alistercat  Online

I'm playing on game pass with no issues. Always a gamble with PC setups.

Akarasune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problems for me as well. 5600x and 6900xt

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator

Gamepass on PC is fickle!

Try installing it to your C drive, that is often an issue with Gamepass games.

RimTiggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's astonishing how bad Game Pass on PC still is. I had to reinstall Halo Infinite because it started an update that errored out and couldn't be restarted, so I was locked out of the game. It's an embarrassment for a company like Microsoft.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It is curious how a software giant is generally so bad with their native products. Even programs like PowerPoint which I work in daily have only gotten worse over time. Well, worse.. with Microsoft it’s always one step forward and three steps back.

Ydder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Latest patch has fixed all the issues for me. Looks quite nice so far.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

It is curious how a software giant is generally so bad with their native products. Even programs like PowerPoint which I work in daily have only gotten worse over time. Well, worse.. with Microsoft it’s always one step forward and three steps back.

Game Pass on PC is a hot mess.

That's been Microsoft's M.O. since the 90's, but it's "funny" what you can get away with when you have a monopolistic market share on PC OS. There's no market or consumer pressure on them to do anything. Besides, like Bethesda stans, after decades of buggy products, consumers are conditioned to just accept it.

I often wonder how different the tech landscape would be if MS had been broken up after their DOJ Antitrust lawsuit in the late 90's / 00's (instead of cutting a deal for a slap on the wrist, when GW became President in 2000).

How can they be so bad??? Where's the real competition?

I would kill for a 100% viable Linux alternative to Windows PC gaming (well, Windows PC's in generally).

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The Gunk has been working great for me and I've been blessed by the MS dogs
to have a smooth Gamepass experience so far.
Now, if only The Gunk had an FOV slider for 32:9 gaming...

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frytup

Oh yeah, the PC app is pure junk. The other day, two of my installed games showed in the app there was an update available, but clicking on the update button did nothing. The only way to fix it was to open up the Microsoft store app and update from there.

The best one was around a month ago I made the mistake of cancelling a game install before it was complete. After that it wouldn't let me re-install until I went into the registry and cleared out ALL REFERENCES to the game. Ridiculous.

In case anyone wonders why some people are content to pay more for games on Steam, it's shit like this. I've seen that MS is planning to introduce a better game management front end next year. Hopefully they're making that a priority.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing this on Gamepass PC last night and didn't run into any issues.

Most of the issues I've run into on Gamepass have been more having to do with the Microsoft Store in general being inconsistent in when it auto downloads and when it doesn't.

The only time I can think of being affected was with The Ascent? But I don't actually remember what my issue was so I guess it didn't bother me that much.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FacelessVixen

Kinda of a coincidence that I payed the $1 for Game Pass and can thus be somewhat helpful.

Though based on what posts I'm seeing so far, it could be just an AMD issue. I'm rollin' with a 9900K and a 2080 Ti, so we'll see.

@glots& @noboners: Hardware specs please.

Edit 12/19/21: Yeah, the game is running fine for me, so the game does seem to lack AMD optimization at the moment.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: 2080 & 8700k. So you are probably onto something with AMD having the low performance based on other's specs.

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do PC Gamepass games work the same way as games purchased on the MS store, in that they are installed to system-locked folders that the user cannot even look at, much less alter/mod?

If so, I'll continue to ignore Gamepass, as modifying game files, even for small tweaks here and there according to what's recommended on pcgamingwiki, is a core part of the PC gaming experience for me.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Retris

@stealydan: They are. Microsoft has been promising that they'll change it at some point for a while now.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealydan: It's not particularly difficult to access the game files. You just have to take ownership of the "WindowsApps" folder on the drive you have games installed, right click for Properties, go to the Security tab, click Advanced and "Change" the owner to yourself.

Also, there is a bit of a mooding scene for the MS Store version of Halo MMC. It's fair to assume that there are more hoops to jump though compared to the Steam version, but perhaps it is an indication that the MS store versions of games aren't as locked down as generally assumed. I mean, I wouldn't mod Forza and try to play online, but maybe there's some wiggle room with single player games; at least for being able to use ReShade.

DUTAMETA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the update game fixed and i finished the game already.