Do We Need Our Saves?

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mitch0712

I played the first season on PS3 since it was $5 cheaper and was wondering if I need to play season two on the same platform to keep all my past story choices. Or have those all been severed for the next season? I would love to play on my PC instead.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I believe they said choices you made during season 1 and 400 days later will count in season 2...

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the things that happen at the end of 400 days seem to very heavily imply they would have an impact on the next season.

Fingers crossed they pull a Mass Effect 2 and give people like you a "here are the choices I wanted to make in season 1" type of option before going into the game.

prettyunsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: I really hope so too. My PS3's hard drive failed, so I lost my season 1 save. I'm hesitant to play season 2 if I don't have a way to get some version of my game to import.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Yes you do and I'm totally with you. I gave into the 5 dollars cheaper bid and now I regret it. Sadly I don't have any motivation to play through season one again, I feel the first time through was the story I made and wouldn't wanna mess that up. Oh well. GUESS ILL PLAY ON THESE OLD ASS CONSOLES *SIGH*......

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've reinstalled my OS since I played it last and even though I have "Steam Cloud synch" turned on it says 0 bytes stored, same as with other steam "cloud" save games. So I will be basing my purchase decision on if they go the Mass Effect route of picking all choices when you start or not. Not gonna replay it, and not interested in having things take place that would've never happened, causing inconsistencies and ultimately breaking the experience.

But at that point they need to surface every single thing from the first game that will have an impact in season 2, and if much of that comes from character interactions... Yeah I dunno. No idea how they're gonna handle the release in a good way.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah if there's no way to influence what happened during season 1, I'm probably not going to play this game. Maybe someone will release some sort of Mass Effect style save generator.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say someone made a site or program that lets you click boxes and generate a save file. I can't for the life of me remember for certain though.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say someone made a site or program that lets you click boxes and generate a save file. I can't for the life of me remember for certain though.

That would be cool, otherwise maybe taletale could let you make those decisions at the beginning of season 2 ala mass effect 2 on ps3

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

So, I played season one on 360, and I'm playing season two on PC.

Do I need to start replaying season one on PC or has someone discovered an alternative?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not like any of your 'choices' really, truly altered the story so I kinda doubt it matters that much.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@alexw00d: Well, the end point is pretty much the same regardless of your choices (although the 400 Days stuff seemed to differ to a slightly greater degree).

However, there are still plenty of details that season two could potentially import that could impact the experience.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Seeing as the first game's saving was totally fucked and I lost my saves due to Steam Cloud just not wanting to upload them, I do hope they have an "choose your option"-thing.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

I lost my saves too :(

@alexw00d said:

It's not like any of your 'choices' really, truly altered the story so I kinda doubt it matters that much.

Hmm yeah that's true actually.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If there's no mass effect choice system for season 2, then I might just say fuck it and play it on Pc or Ps4. I really just don't want to play much of anything else on my old consoles. Here's hoping they give players in these type of situations options.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour."
"-10%"

Fuck me, who am I kidding. Bought it. We'll see how well it treats not having any old saves.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@carryboy said:

@crusader8463 said:

That would be cool, otherwise maybe taletale could let you make those decisions at the beginning of season 2 ala mass effect 2 on ps3

I'm pretty sure that's how Brad recreated his save file for Mass Effect 3? Or he thought about it before deciding to just go in generic?

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Almost finished installing I'll check and post in here when I know.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Falx

Nope. It says it "randomly generates choices for unfinished episodes". I still have my save but I chose not to load it to make sure it doesn't give you any options. I'm going to load my save now and actually play it, hopefully it's as awesome as last season.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it searches for a save, and if one doesn't exist it generates one randomly. Not sure how I feel about that.
Also heading off to play it. We'll see if any major immersion breaking inconsistencies pop up...

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone found a save editor yet? I lost my save as well when I formatted my PC.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Shit I forgot about 500 days. I bought it but never played it.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Honkalot

@white said:

Has anyone found a save editor yet? I lost my save as well when I formatted my PC.

I don't think you'll find one, now or ever unfortunately. The save files are gibberish (coded not plaintext), so you would need some way to decode those.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit, I'm going to be hard-pressed to do another playthrough of S1 after losing my save file on Steam. I would be so fired up for this otherwise.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I didn't think it was very good at all, in fact I left two of the scenarios for whenever this day would come just so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I just finished those two scenarios in a bout a half hour. It's a seriously short episode, maybe 2 hours tops.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it. Loved it, they've sharpened up the graphics considerably on PC and the story seems great so far. I can't wait for the next one.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd think, since PS3 and Steam are now buddy-buddies, you could transfer saves between the two.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I encountered nothing major/game breaking/immersion breaking so far when generating a save through the game. The episode is short, but really nice. Looking forward to see more.

@nodima said:

@stonyman65 said:

I didn't think it was very good at all, in fact I left two of the scenarios for whenever this day would come just so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I just finished those two scenarios in a bout a half hour. It's a seriously short episode, maybe 2 hours tops.

Yeah I agree - that one's skippable, honestly. You follow like 5 people for 15 minutes each. It's not terrible but it's just not enough to get invested in those characters. Feels more like an introduction to them if anything, but so far no idea if that stuff will play a major role or not.