• 99 results
#1 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

Thanks to Rösti & Aquamarine on Neogaf for providing the screens.

Source

At first it seemed like a computer error but as we can see the CEO himself has signed the abandonment of the Watch dogs trademark. Many people have been saying they are moving to Watch_dogs but no trademark has been filed for that. The game it self is no means been cancelled but it will probably be re branded and marketed.

I hope this game comes out it was supposed to be Ubisoft's next big IP.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Well hoooly shit.

#3 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

What the fuck is going on with that game?

#4 Posted by Flappy (2127 posts) -

Assassin's Creed V

#5 Posted by rachelepithet (1348 posts) -

@flappy: Tom Clancy Jrs the Watchdawgz

#6 Edited by Mahonay (828 posts) -

Watch Cats.

#7 Edited by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

I thought it was a dumb name anyway. So hopefully the new one will fit better.

#8 Posted by slyspider (1153 posts) -

Well fuck. I want that game to be good.

#9 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3741 posts) -

@flappy said:

Assassin's Creed V

Imagine.

#10 Edited by MB (11969 posts) -

May have something to do with the underscore in the name of the game.

#11 Posted by BBAlpert (1369 posts) -

It might not be completely cancelled. It could be one of those cases where Watch Dogs died so that (some other game) might live.

#12 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4152 posts) -

The fuck?

Watch_Giant_Bomb

#13 Posted by TehPickle (450 posts) -

Interesting stuff, but it smacks of 'publicity stunt,' to me. I could totally see this being remodelled and incorporated into the Assassins Creed franchise.

If I'm not mistaken, Abstergo has already been mentioned within the game, somewhere along the lines, so it really wouldn't take much.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Actually I think @flappy: is on to something. I could see them rolling this into the Assassins Creed fiction.

#15 Edited by Hailinel (23878 posts) -

Man_what?

#16 Edited by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

Well that's odd. I'm hoping it's just a name change, and not an overhaul of the game, since that would end up setting it back hard. I mean, unless Ubisoft sees something we don't (not hard to imagine), the game was looking pretty damn promising. I would definitely like to know what this is all about...

#17 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

That's because they are hopping on the internet may-may bandwagon and changing the name to Watch_Doges

#18 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3741 posts) -

Jeff can get that AC game he always wanted.

#19 Edited by poisonmonkey (326 posts) -
#20 Posted by RazielCuts (2926 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

It might not be completely cancelled. It could be one of those cases where Watch Dogs died so that (some other game) might live.

Reading that page -

During early development, The Last of Us was initially conceptualized as a more realistic interpretation of the Jak & Daxter universe. As such, Jak was to be a regular human being, and Daxter would function like an ordinary weasel -- most notably lacking the ability to talk. This idea was eventually scrapped, and Naughty Dog quickly settled on creating a new IP instead.

#22 Edited by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

@flappy said:

Assassin's Creed V

This was definitely my first thought. They're just going to go ahead and drop any pretense that this isn't an AC game.

#23 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3741 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

Reading that page -

During early development, The Last of Us was initially conceptualized as a more realistic interpretation of the Jak & Daxter universe. As such, Jak was to be a regular human being, and Daxter would function like an ordinary weasel -- most notably lacking the ability to talk. This idea was eventually scrapped, and Naughty Dog quickly settled on creating a new IP instead.

Yep they were really trying to do that.

How was Dead Space related to that though? Never heard of it as anything else.

#24 Posted by RazielCuts (2926 posts) -

@razielcuts said:

@bbalpert said:

Reading that page -

Yep they were really trying to do that.

How was Dead Space related to that though? Never heard of it as anything else.

Something to do with System Shock 3? EA own the IP apparently and it was said to be under development at Redwood Shores which turned into Visceral Games. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/07/ea-does-give-a-sh-t-about-system-shock-3-says-pc-gamer-uk/

I want to know what originally Gears of War was supposed to be, an Unreal game?

#25 Posted by MocBucket62 (1150 posts) -

Remember the PS4 unboxing and Jeff stated that the one game on the PS4 box that would never come out was Watch Dogs? He said that every console box has one game represented that will not be released. What if he ends up being right?

#26 Edited by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@psylah said:

That's because they are hopping on the internet may-may bandwagon and changing the name to Watch_Doges

Rorie's GOTY.

#27 Posted by lun49gameon (116 posts) -

Yep gonna be the new assassins creed game.. bad call

#28 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

Probably just a name change, not a cancellation... though if it's a name change to Assassin's Creed, you can cancel my pre-order.

Well if I had a pre-order I would cancel it.

#29 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Intrigue!

I doubt this particular goose is cooked though. Probably just being souped up with some sauce à l'orange. Needed more pirates and sea shanties. #FocusTesting

#30 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1538 posts) -

Fuck.

Scoops needs to scoop this!

#31 Posted by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs 2: Watch Dogs Sleep

Snoop Dogg Presents: Way Of The Watch Dogg

The Watch Dog (the first gritty reboot to be the first game in the franchise)

#32 Edited by bellmont42 (317 posts) -

I think we are all jumping the conclusions here about AC!

Don't forget Tom Clancy's Watch Dogs.

It can tie into the next Splinter Cell game and will feature cross game vs mode!

I hate myself :(

#33 Posted by Killerfridge (301 posts) -

Changing it to be the next Assassins Creed makes too much sense and I hate that.

#34 Posted by CoinMatze (469 posts) -

What other franchise could they shove Watch Dogs into? The Division? I hope it's not AC.

#35 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Trademark Watch

Trademark Dogs

Ubisoft IS King

#36 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

I'm going to call it that this isn't a big deal.

#37 Posted by AmatureIdiot (1076 posts) -

So I guess the delay was just so they could cut out the main guy's hat and replace it with a assassin's hood.

#38 Posted by Quarters (1628 posts) -

I want to say the idea that this will turn into an AC game is utter craziness, but I don't know...that would be pretty ridiculous if it happened, in a way that would be fun to watch how hard people freak out over it.

#39 Edited by mrfluke (5090 posts) -

that would be INCREDIBLE if watch dogs is the modern day assassins creed. but i just cant believe that is happening.

#40 Edited by EuanDewar (4757 posts) -

a wuhhhhhh

#41 Posted by lclay (383 posts) -

Time to speculate wildly!!

#42 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

@psylah said:

haha, Oh well this is pretty funny, sums up my perception of that game.

#43 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

If this name-change means that's going to be called Assassin's Creed: The Dogs Must Watch. It wouldn't surprise me at all, ever since I watched the first trailer, I thought this was the new direction Assassin's Creed was heading.

#44 Posted by Vinny_Says (5686 posts) -

how badly would the internet implode if they actually renamed it to Assassin's Creed V?

#45 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

Reminds me of Dark Sector. That was one of the first games shown for the PS3 and 360 but took years to come out.

#46 Posted by Random45 (1045 posts) -

@psylah said:

This meme is great.

#47 Edited by AMyggen (2536 posts) -

@vinny_says: Haha, it would be great!

I'm guessing this will turn out to be no big deal, really. It's strange though. My guess would be that it's some sort of technicality with the trademark, don't know enough about this to speculate to what that may be though.

#48 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

What the fucking shit. Well hopefully its just a name change.

#49 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1113 posts) -

There's zero chance of this being cancelled so I'm not too worried.

#50 Edited by Snail (8579 posts) -

Maybe there's a plot point that ties Watch_Dogs to the Assassin's Creed franchise, and they're undecided on whether that should be a surprise plot twist, or a tease to look forward to.