When exactly is the review embargo up for this game?

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it midnight EST (since the game is available then - at least on Steam)?

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

3AM EST, that's when the QL is going up, so I'm guessing that's when embargo is lifted.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It seems strange the game is available for purchase before the reviews come out. Thanks though!

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@cbk486 said:

It seems strange the game is available for purchase before the reviews come out. Thanks though!

Yeah, that's always been a bit weird to me as well. It makes sense though, because of time zones and all that fun stuff.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, they have to set a time zone deadline somewhere. Fortunately, anyone going out to get the game in the morning or any time after that should see reviews.

Those lined up for the midnight release are already set on buying it anyway.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@drac96: Most publishers probably don't care because the reviews will be up by the time most people are up and interested in buying a game. Those who stay up late to play a game on launch day are probably still in the minority.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

0001 PDT. You know, like always, three hours after it's available for sale (0001 EDT). You can download and play it now,but reviews, nope sorry. The system is broken.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@drac96: Most publishers probably don't care because the reviews will be up by the time most people are up and interested in buying a game. Those who stay up late to play a game on launch day are probably still in the minority.

I wonder how much that has to do with getting a refund. I mean, staying up until 2100 (PDT) to play a game isn't hard. But if I buy and play a terrible game, I'm not getting my money back. The same is true of all the people on the East Coast who bought the game blind hoping it's good. IF the game is a turd sandwich, those people have lost money. Steam, Retailers, Ubisoft and the gaming media (ad revenue from reviews) have all benefited we're the ones who lose. It would be better if the gaming media just bought the games from mom and pop stores, or worked out a deal with a large retailer, to get the game early (because they do get the games early) and avoid the NDAs. Then the people the media are providing a service to don't suffer.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@l4wd0g: Probably a little to do with that, I'm sure. Although I have little sympathy for people who pre-order or buy games before knowing anything about it. It's much smarter to wait and gauge reactions, unless it's a game you know you want for sure.