E3 2014 Giantbomb live streams from a Wii U

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if it is possible to stream Giantbomb's E3 live streams from a Wii U. I would like to use it so I can watch from my basement which is about 10 to 15 degrees F colder then the room my computer is in. I just tested videos and they work, but I don't know if the live streams will work.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I hope someone answers this question before the live streams start, but if not I will just try anyway. I will let you know if it works or not.

haekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Wii U supports flash, it should work.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't have first hand experience, but I believe Twitch has a HTML5 player they use on the WiiU, so if they're streaming on Twitch, it should work. But if they're only streaming on the CBSi player, I don't think that will work.

Last I heard, they hadn't decided if they were going to simultaniously stream out to twitch, or if they were just going to use the in-house player.

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejke: Like what Matty said, if they broadcast on Twitch we're good, but if not you will have to use a PC.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

But if you can live without the Giantbomb commentary you could just watch the conference on Gamespot, who will definitely be streaming from Twitch.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thejke

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to have the stream on my Wii U and have chat on my laptop. If it does work thats great, if not, I guess just having the video on my laptop would be fine.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thejke

I can now confirm that the Wii U can not stream from Giantbomb. The chat also does not work. It takes me to a page asking me to use a newer web browser.