First in-game shot of WWE 2k15 - 2k has done good.

• 96 results
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@mannymar: You might have to settle for the flowing mane of Roman Reigns. No guarantee that a DX era Triple H will be in there.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Corevi
@chaser324 said:

@mannymar: You might have to settle for the flowing mane of Roman Reigns. No guarantee that a DX era Triple H will be in there.

I can't see there not being Retro Triple H, he was in 2K14 and I highly doubt they will cut anybody or any versions of anybody from the roster unless they left the company (RIP JTG)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@turboman said:

@rongalaxy said:

Kind of off topic, but is the wwe network still doing the free trial thing where you don't need to give a credit card? I've watched wrestling for the first time in over a decade and it would be cool if I could get a free trial while summerslam is happening.

They ain't giving away Summerslam for free. The free week of the WWE Network is over, though they are offering $20 for a month now and you aren't going to be tied to a 6 month contract if you want to go that route.

Do they seriously think their catalog is worth that much? It should be no more than 9.99 a month with the ability to cancel at any time. There's no way it's going to survive any other way. Even a very casual fan like me would pay the 10 bucks a month if I could cancel, so imagine how many die hards would go after that.

Its easily worth that much. There are 1000's of hours of content on there and they continually add more. I mean hell even just on the level of the PPV's costing 50$ each you get your value back right there. I think the pricing is pretty fair.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@turboman said:

@rongalaxy said:

Kind of off topic, but is the wwe network still doing the free trial thing where you don't need to give a credit card? I've watched wrestling for the first time in over a decade and it would be cool if I could get a free trial while summerslam is happening.

They ain't giving away Summerslam for free. The free week of the WWE Network is over, though they are offering $20 for a month now and you aren't going to be tied to a 6 month contract if you want to go that route.

Do they seriously think their catalog is worth that much? It should be no more than 9.99 a month with the ability to cancel at any time. There's no way it's going to survive any other way. Even a very casual fan like me would pay the 10 bucks a month if I could cancel, so imagine how many die hards would go after that.

It's to stop people buying a bunch of $10 ppvs. Which I assume they think isn't viable.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I pretty much only have the network for the PPVs and I still think it's a really good deal. I'll probably end up with a solid 7 or so shows for basically what the cost of one would have been prior to this.

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skin tones look greatly improved again. No one looks red or yellowish

Conversely, if Hulk Hogan doesn't look like a hot dog I'll be very disappointed.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Krullban

More

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Steadying
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 chaser324  Moderator

@krullban: With this being SummerSlam week, I'm hoping we get to finally see a little bit of the game in action.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadyingmeat said:

@krullban: that looks so.......weird

Not even a breathing animation or anything like that.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@steadyingmeat said:

I wasn't. Those models are not animating breath or any idle standing animation like photorealistic models should and thus look really weird and robotic. They have a Dead Premonition vibe to them.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Krullban

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@steadyingmeat said:

I wasn't. Those models are not animating breath or any idle standing animation like photorealistic models should and thus look really weird and robotic. They have a Dead Premonition vibe to them.

Because it's not in motion. It's like picture mode in Last of Us. So obviously they're going to look still.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@steadyingmeat said:

Because it's not in motion. It's like picture mode in Last of Us. So obviously they're going to look still.

Still looks weird!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BradBrains
daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@steadyingmeat said:

Still looks weird!

It's a dumb trailer that's for sure. They're hyping this up way too much and the models don't look that good in still frames. They should have showed it in motion.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Krullban

@altairre said:
@brodehouse said:

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@krullban said:

@brodehouse said:

@steadyingmeat said:

Still looks weird!

It's a dumb trailer that's for sure. They're hyping this up way too much and the models don't look that good in still frames. They should have showed it in motion.

Loading Video...

Here it is in motion. The people playing suck ass though, they're just mashing buttons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: That looks pretty great..!

There's still some flat lighting and I find the walk they get into lock-ups to look a little stiff, guys should move their shoulders more when they side-step around the ring. But it looks great. The wrestlers look huge like they oughta.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@krullban: That looks like it's moving weirdly fast. The gameplay I mean.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: That looks like it's moving weirdly fast. The gameplay I mean.

According to the IGN-article it's supposed to be more like the AKI-games. So that certainly fits in there. Which is nice. The Yukes-pace is it's own thing but myself, like probably many others, are dead tired of it.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we have confirmation that you can create stories and that you can run over people with a limousine?

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Goldone

I just saw the pictures of Goldust in the game, I promised myself after 2k14 I wouldn't get another one until they start making actual changes but I think I might be getting it day one. I hate myself.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

This looks awesome, I wish the guy wasn't playing like a geek and did more than Irish whips.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BradBrains

@krullban: That looks pretty great..!

There's still some flat lighting and I find the walk they get into lock-ups to look a little stiff, guys should move their shoulders more when they side-step around the ring. But it looks great. The wrestlers look huge like they oughta.

the stiffness was the first thing I noticed too but im probably be over picky. when orton was doing the ground kicks you could see it was kinda robotic. yea the wrestlers and size of the ring look WAY better.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@krullban: Got any more of that sweet sweet footage? I'm slowly getting over hyped for this stupid game.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: Got any more of that sweet sweet footage? I'm slowly getting over hyped for this stupid game.

this is the first time they actually made significant changes. its ok to get excited ahah

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#80  Edited By BBAlpert
Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another video. Orton actually pulls himself back up using the ropes.

Loading Video...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with everyone skipping entrances? I hate all these people

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I mean they are probably trying to speed people through the demo.

Cool to see 2K's priority on immersive animation already rubbing off on the WWE series.

There's a strong chance I'm buying a wrestling game for the first time in a decade, isn't there?

I think for me it'll depend on how many 80s/90s wrestlers are in there as I just can't get into most current wrestlers. Or if the story mode is bananas (didn't they say at one point it's going to be based on NBA 2K's MyCareer/MyGM modes?).

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Goldone

I know I'll get this game at some point, partly because I really enjoyed both the Punk/Cena and HBK/HHH feuds in there and am actually curious to see what they do about the Wrestlemania triple threat in the latter. The gameplay footage is starting to put me off a bit though, looks like a prettier version of the last game with some nice additions (getting up using the ropes, slaps to the back of the head etc.) I really hope they build on it more next year and just use this as a base for that, which is my stance every year unfortunately, which is kind of a bummer.

I'm starting to feel like that whole sonic cycle thing is how I am with WWE games.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldone: I don't think that's fair. Also most of the time wwe games are good. Not great but good.

I think it's more like madden syndrome. They claim big changes but then it turns out to still have the same kinda issues.

A wrestling game is Always going to look like a wrestling game so it's not gonna look totally different. As I've said before though it's the first time basically ever where they at least seem to be trying. I think the game is in better hands with 2k which has me at least optimistic for the future

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

Jared Rea didn't down to my level and retweet my smartass-ery.

Good for him, his ignoring me just means he's doing his job properly.

10/10, good tweet.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

So they aren't lazy now? I remember when that crappy TNA game was released several years ago, its still better looking than even last year's WWE game...which is sad.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkstalker: I suppose when I say Sonic cycle it's hard to explain. On a technical level I know the games aren't terrible, but I've played them for so many years now they've not improved in ways I hoped they would have. So they say something in the run up that hooks me, I start to get hyped for it and then when I get it it feels like more of the same and I tel myself "this is the last one" but it never is.

I am a huge fan, I own them all, I even bought the WWE logo branded versions of the original 2 on PS1 despite having the WWF ones. I think the last one I played seriously was 2011 when me and one of my friends made a bunch of created tag teams together.

I am hopeful for them going forward as in some ways this game looks like a big improvement from the last one, and the people playing in the videos are just mashing the buttons. But then I see Cesaro do a Michinoku driver from the last 4-5 games and it reminds me that it will still have a lot of the old problems I have with the games.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 chaser324  Moderator

@sammo21: It's unclear how much of the stagnation/indifference was on the Yukes side or the THQ side of the equation in recent years, but the Visual Concepts / 2K influence is definitely starting become apparent in this game.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldone: yea I haven't purchased them every year since smackdown vs raw (the first one) I think. I've simply purchased one every few years.

I know what you mean though. It hasn't been the easiest for us longtime fans. Which is why it's right to be skeptical.

I guess for me as long as it looks they way they promise and they at least start to make things better I'm in.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91  Edited By musubi

Okay, the little touch of randy using the ropes to actually pull himself up is fantastic. I'm slowly getting really excited for this.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A lot of the animations look so wonky. Doesn't really matter how good your graphics are when they still move like robots.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the animations look so wonky. Doesn't really matter how good your graphics are when they still move like robots.

The dude is mashing every button though, I imagine that if you play with some semblance of knowledge about how the game works it would look better.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

@goldone: I think it's fair to complain about the WWE series, but this game has gotten a major graphic overall for the first time since the PS2 and there looks like a lot of new mechanics were added to the game. Plus a legit career mode modeled after NBA 2k's fantastic career mode.

This year isn't the year to complain that they don't put anything new into the game.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: I do understand this, but it is still jarring to see some of these great new animations and then an old and jerky one. Compared to previous games I am willing to give this one more of a pass and some of the news has made me think about getting it day one instead of waiting a few weeks until the inevitable christmas sale price.

Really though, I'd like to think I speak for all WWE fans when I say they should get this one right and then start work on what really matters. WWE Crush Hour 2.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

The gameplay reminds me of the TNA game.