Are all Xbox One games put out for digital download?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I wasn't really keeping up during launch time, but I bought an Xbox One. I downloaded TItanfall and it works great. Can I do that for all Xbox One games? Are they released on Xbox Live and disc at the same time? Thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I believe so... Can't really think of any game I bought that wasn't also on the store. Well except Skylanders for obvious reasons of course.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ExiledAstronaut

Yeah, every game has been released at midnight pst as well.

Thats one of the changes i love most about the X1

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By TheMasterDS

Oh the midnight thing is official policy? Man I agree, that's one of my favorite bits. When games take 8 hours to download you should have them up on the store for purchase before I go to work. Sony doesn't do that. They go up at like 4 PM on Sony's side. You can't even start a download at lunch on PS4. Unless, you know, it's day 2.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Everything is digital up on Xbox Live from Day One the game goes up, yes. It usually releases like at 2 AM CST for me, and that works out fine.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both systems have the option to go totally digital, with the exception of Skylanders of course.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! I'm psyched that my library can just be digital now.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exiledastronaut said:

Nice! I'm psyched that my library can just be digital now.

If you just buy digital from MS, you'll be paying $60 for most games lol. MS's 360 deals were mostly shit.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BRich

@mcfart: I got most of my digital 360 games for about $5, deals have been pretty great the last couple years. Seems they just started a deals program for Xbox One along with Games with Gold. I've been pretty happy not having to swap a single disc so far.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could have all my game digitally but my internet cap weeps when I download big files.

Hell I just got Dead Rising 3 and that had a 16 gig patch! No more downloads for me this month.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Lnin0

#@crono11:

Yep, it is too bad the hive mind fueled by a minority of fear mongerers drove Microsoft's decision to forgo plans which would have allowed retail discs to be loaded and treated as digital. I guess the price of a 60 second daily check-in and giving up our .0133% exchange rate at Gamestop was too much of a sacrifice to join the modern era. I hope the idea returns in some form or another in the near future because I will be happy to forgo ever having to deal with a disc beyond loading a game for the first time. Anyone that wanted to strap this generation of consoles to a dead media was the one who got it wrong, if you ask me. PCs have long abandoned physical discs just as every other entertainment on the planet has.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@lnin0: Yea man... I miss the ability to have bought a retail disc and then tie it to my account and then SHIT ON THAT FUCKING GROSS DISC AND THROW IT AWAY...

Discs were always still going to be around but with that first set of plans for the system there would have been the slightest of hurdles for discs so that the digital could have been so much more advanced, instead people flipped out and now we barely have digital games.. they are available day one and that's pretty much the end of the digital features for games right now.

I'm so used to pre-ordering things on steam and pre-loading the download that I'd appreciate this for the Xbox One, it's kinda weird right now when games like Sniper Elite 3 still don't even have a store page on the website or the console store app yet that game releases on the system in like a day... seems weird but also seems that way because of a million reasons (revamping their site, constantly adding these sorts of features.. overall shit ain't done just yet kinda vibe). Also for the first few months there would always be links to pre-order games on the store but it was hard to tell if it was for discs or digital, no word on which is was etc... of course it was only for discs but now thankfully it does say pre-order disc on a lot of those buttons, hopefully digital pre-loading will become a thing in the near future though it does seem like something they'll have in a larger update later on after they kinda ram through some more important things in the meantime.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Vinny_Says

I'm pretty sure all 5 consoles (XONE, 360, PS3, PS4, WiiU) now do day one digital downloads.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By AndrewB

The caveat being it's still stupidly expensive compared to a physical copy, but yes.

(Would also love for consoles to become more like PCs of the old era and just throw in a (optional) code to tie that down to your account but have the ability to not have to use discs)

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djjoejoe: This. I was so annoyed when they reversed their policies because of no longer being able to install discs. I could have had my library be entirely digital while still shopping for the best price. Eliminating retail competition on the digital versions of games was actually a huge negative for the consumer.

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Kiri90

@brich said:

@djjoejoe: This. I was so annoyed when they reversed their policies because of no longer being able to install discs. I could have had my library be entirely digital while still shopping for the best price. Eliminating retail competition on the digital versions of games was actually a huge negative for the consumer.

Couldn't agree more.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolverine

@kiri90 said:

@brich said:

Couldn't agree more.

I wish they would just go back on their word again and ship discs with codes. Allow the codes to reusable if the disc is inserted once so that people can't create crazy game sharing sites. I think people would react well to it if they do a good job explaining it.

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wolverine: I agree with you, it'd be a good solution. Currently using my Xbox One, I can't help but gravitate towards the games that I have digitally. I use the functionality as it was intended, and it works well. It's similar to my Steam library where I'm able to transition quickly between games--but with the added benefit of voice-navigation and no graphics tweaks.

What you're suggesting would also cause more competitive pricing of digital items, making it a better buying environment for consumers. I'll always take more options.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IroN1c

@andrewb said:

The caveat being it's still stupidly expensive compared to a physical copy, but yes.

Actually it's stupidly in-expensive for me. Being in Europe I can just buy stuff on the digital store and pay 59.99/69.99$ on XBL instead of 59.99/69.99€. Which usually saves me like ~15€ on a new game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RonGalaxy

Random thought: If console makers want digital to quickly become the norm, they should make digital versions cheaper than retail. It's crazy that they are charging retail on games when there is no retail company involved in the process. You cut out the middle man, so cut out the chunk of money they were getting on the price. And then follow the market by lowering prices when sales drop. Keeping games at 60 bucks forever (except when they go on sale for a limited time) is stupid and actually decreases profit margin.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think that they are all available for digital download.