#1 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2506 posts) -

Just thought people would find this interesting, as Adam Sessler is a cool dude. Patrick is on here at the top of the video to chat about the story and Microsoft's crazy u-turn on DRM today.

The video continues like other "Address the Sess" videos where he takes community members on and chats with them about it.

#2 Posted by BonOrbitz (2183 posts) -

I had no clue Scoops broke the scoop on the XBox 180 before I saw this video, but what a great finishing move before he exits the ring for Chicago!

#3 Posted by pweidman (2325 posts) -

Love that Patrick gets the deserved credit for breaking the story, and a chance to explain and give his 2 cents right up front. Way to go Scoooops!!!

#4 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2506 posts) -
#5 Edited by Redbullet685 (6034 posts) -

What a great way to end Patrick's run for GB in San Fran before he officially moves back to Chicago by breaking this story.

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4202 posts) -

I barely started watching it. I love Sess Money. :D

#7 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5429 posts) -

All right! I'll have to watch this later.

#8 Edited by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Watching this now. One hour long? Oof.

Edit: Just finished. Overall it was a pretty fair video. I didn't really understand the guy that came on trying to call foul for the family sharing plan going away with the DRM. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Also, can I just say that Sessler just has one of those laughs? The laugh that can make you start laughing even when you don't know why.

#9 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Scoops and Sessler together again, makes me miss Feedback on G4 when it was good.

#10 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Is that past GB intern Nick Robinson that I see?

#11 Posted by Trilogy (2649 posts) -

I love me some Sessler. I've got a ton of respect for that dude. Can't wait to watch this.

#12 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Yeah, what the hell? That's totally him isn't it?

#13 Edited by mellotronrules (1188 posts) -

god i love it when the sess and kleptok get together. pour one out for the glory days of feedback, yall.

ps- credit where credit's due...this (at least) the 2nd MAJOR story @patrickklepek has broken in his young career- keep up the good work guy!

#14 Posted by Hichael (161 posts) -

Why is the intern there? He's got real handsome.

#15 Posted by Mento (2509 posts) -

Former Intern Nick's working for Rev3 these days as one of their video guys. I think Tall Ben might be there too; either that or he retired young from all the crazy money you earn from being super tall on Tumblr.

But yeah, it's because Patrick broke the story that the site went down for a spell. Was hearing reports that the traffic was around three times greater than the busiest heights of E3 last week because every outlet was linking to it.

#16 Posted by csl316 (8451 posts) -

Crazy day.

#17 Edited by jiggajoe14 (667 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@bonorbitz: Yeah, Patrick broke it alongside, I think it was whathifi.com?

But you can check out how it was for him to break such a big story at the top of the GB reactions video; http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-reax-xbox-one-drm-revised/2300-7621/

whathifi technically (well nothing technical about it) broke it first. Patrick tweeted a link to their xbox one story a few hours after the story had broke and gave them props. Still, fantastic reporting on Patrick's part.

But anyways time for me to watch this video.

#18 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2506 posts) -

@jiggajoe14: Yup - independently reported by both them and Mr. Klepek, and they broke it first.

On the other hand, most sites linked to Klepek's story as he has a track record in the gaming press. Either way, today's be a crazy day.

#19 Posted by Hamst3r (4481 posts) -

@pillclinton said:

@ollyoxenfree said:

Yeah, what the hell? That's totally him isn't it?

@hichael said:

Why is the intern there? He's got real handsome.

@babylonian He works at Revision 3 as an Audience Development Coordinator, whatever the fuck that means. :P

#20 Edited by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@hamst3r: He coordinates the development of audiences, DUH.

#21 Posted by Player1 (3864 posts) -

@mellotronrules:

What was the first big story he broke? Sorry, must've missed that.

#22 Edited by Maajin (1059 posts) -
@player1 said:

@mellotronrules:

What was the first big story he broke? Sorry, must've missed that.

The whole Vince Zampella and Jason West getting fired from Infinity Ward thing. Good old G4 days and the Feedback podcast with Sessler, Patrick and Abbie Heppe, which now works for Zampella on Titanfall. Weird, right?

#23 Posted by believer258 (11801 posts) -

god i love it when the sess and kleptok get together. pour one out for the glory days of feedback, yall.

ps- credit where credit's due...this (at least) the 2nd MAJOR story @patrickklepek has broken in his young career- keep up the good work guy!

Wasn't the whole Infinity Ward fiasco news that he broke what got him this job in the first place? And to leave this job with another big story? Talk about coming full circle!

#24 Posted by TruthTellah (8801 posts) -

@mellotronrules said:

Wasn't the whole Infinity Ward fiasco news that he broke what got him this job in the first place? And to leave this job with another big story? Talk about coming full circle!

To be fair, he's still staying at Giant Bomb, and he is arguably planning on being even more of the "news guy" now that he'll be in Chicago.

But yeah, it is an interesting turn of events. I'm really happy for Scoops.