Anyone going to give this a whirl at launch?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Part of me really thinks I should wait on getting this however I'm also a total sucker for Team Ninja stuff and the Preorder bonuses look pretty cool. Especially the exclusive DOA5 U costumes. There is also a pretty fun Mighty no. 9 costume.

I know I'm probably going to be fairly alone in this so I don't expect much of a response judging by most peoples reaction to the last trailer. They are doing a number of things with the game that make me think this could be a fun sleeper that most people will pass up on.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Hell no! I just watched that DLC trailer and as fun as that Mighty No.9 costume is, the way that game looks and its atrocious attempts at humour(?????) are the worst. Maybe it's a Bulletstorm kinda deal where the trailers were really offputting, but the game was genuinely funny. Spark really don't have the best track record.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By stubbleman

I really don't see me spending sixty dollars on it. Otherwise I'm totally interested. I somehow doubt this is going to be the return to form from Ninja Gaiden 3. But it looks fun and dumb and I'll be excited to see it hit like, twenty dollars or something and play it then.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HeyGuys

I'd need some real, real positive word of mouth to even consider it after the game has done such a poor job selling itself through its own trailers.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

i don't think it looks good at all but i will probably buy it anyway for the DOA5U costumes. let's not kid ourselves here

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By musubi

@stubbleman: Well I don't blame you. Also though I think people are taking this game the wrong way this isn't suppose to be any sort of sequel to Ninja Gaiden. Its just a silly side story almost akin to the Red Dead Horror DLC or something. The real Ninja Gaiden 4 is in development right now.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

It looks interesting, but the trailers haven't done much for me yet. I'd have to get impressions from others first. But as it is, I'm so swamped right now that it's not a game that I see myself rushing out to buy on day one.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stubbleman

@demoskinos said:

@stubbleman: Well I don't blame you. Also though I think people are taking this game the wrong way this isn't suppose to be any sort of sequel to Ninja Gaiden. Its just a silly side story almost akin to the Red Dead Horror DLC or something. The real Ninja Gaiden 4 is in development right now.

I was just implying that I doubt the gameplay is going to blow people away. I've never actually played a Ninja Gaiden game myself. But I think despite the gameplay looking maybe not the best, the style and variety would make it a worthy time investment somewhere later on down the line.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just a silly side story almost akin to the Red Dead Horror DLC or something.

Ninja Gaiden Gaiden.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I might give it a spin at some point, but a whirl? Not ready to go that far just yet.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No ... never been into the the 3D Ninja Gaiden games

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stubbleman: Well, considering I still hold Ninja Gaiden Black as the epitome of action combat games like this if It sucks I'll be sure to voice that. I'm not expecting to be blown away either but with me getting a $400 bonus at work this week on top of my Tax return money I feel like I can take a calculate risk here. Then again I could use that money to buy more Hatsune Miku nonsense..... hmm....decisions.

amani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still really not hyped for this one. Like you said, the trailers really left a sour taste in my mouth, the characters especially. I want to take another look at the gameplay, maybe it'll end up being super cool and challenging, but it looked rather bland the first time I saw it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic

If it came out on ps4 too, I would have.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, that one horrible trailer pretty much completely turned me off of this game. Also the gameplay looks pretty rough. I may buy it on sale if it gets decent reviews.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I didn't realize until tonight that Gamespot (another fine CBSi property) actually has been running exclusive development diaries. Some of the stuff in there has me feeling a bit more confident this could be fun. Also the promise of having to face Ryu Hayabusa himself as the final boss sounds pretty cool considering Ryu is insanely overpowered.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@demoskinos: Is this full price? Because if it's $60 then I'll probably pass. If it's more like an arcade title, along the lines of $20-30 then I might. A fast, action packed arcadey hack-n-slice might be the perfect companion to the methodical and nerve wracking Dark Souls 2 experience. Sometimes it's nice to kick back, relax, and turn your brain off for a while to the squishy sounds of dismemberment and crude sex jokes.