Auction House - Cheap Cars

aarontokwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aarontokwa

I don't think this has been posted here yet - If you want some expensive cars on the cheap early, go down the auction house list. It seems to prioritize VIP auctions, so the non VIP people's auctions are way down with less people bidding or seeing them. Just scroll down til you're past the 24 hour VIP auctions and you'll find the ending non VIP auctions. I managed to nab a koenigsegg one :1 and a 2017 ford GT horizon edition with the credits bonus for around 280k credits each, so if you've been pining for that one hypercar that's 2 million credits plus, then this might work for you.

That being said, most cars in this game are a treat to drive with, so it's not really necessary to buy those expensive cars. Zooming around at 200+ in the one: 1 is amazing, but cruising down roads in the freebie '93 r32 gtr at night gives me just as much, if not more of the fizz.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just discovered this today and was able to get a couple cars I was looking at for half the price as the auctions at the top. The auction interface (and the speed at which it can be navigated) leaves much to be desired.

I agree with enjoying the cheaper cars. I'm loving A-class races right now. Even when I want to go fast, I prefer to make a cheap car super fast to where it feels real sketchy at those speeds.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

It's a cool idea, but the implementation is awful. I have about 10 minutes worth of patience for it a day.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Shivoa

Ye, the old AH was always a great idea and means people can offload their freebies to push those low prices onto everyone else. If you didn't get the Tier X Forza Rewards car for free because you'd not played earlier games then fear not because lots of people did and they may not care for that particular car and would rather grab some credit. The AH solves that equation and makes sure that anything that's reasonably easy to acquire for cheap (which, thanks to the levelling up roll can basically be anything) can be spread about.

When the game pops up a list of options to choose from, expect anything you don't pick to also be going for less than you'd expect on the AH thanks to how common it is.

Really glad it finally returns so I can grab a few unwanted models and offload anything I don't need myself.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wish there was an option to filter out cars that require DLC you don't have. Lots of preorder cars showing up in the lists that are impossible for me to buy because the DLC isn't available at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.