Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 23, 2016

The Horizon Festival goes to Australia.

Gymkhana 9 brought to you by Forza Horizons! Sweet!

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all!

I'm a huge Ken Block fan. If you don't know who he is, he is a competition drift car racer. Chances are, if you've seen a movie where a car is going sideways through a narrow passage, it's Ken Block driving it for the stunt.

Anywhoo, he does these series called Gymkhana and you can find them all on Youtube. He even did one in San Francisco which is my favorite one. This year's Gymkhana is brought to you by Forza Horizons 3. Does anybody know if this stuff is in the game?! It'd be sweet to see some HomeMade Hoonigan Shenanigans!

Anyways, don't try this at home, wear your seatbelt, and street racing is illegal and all that stuff. Here! The video!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@upperdecker: Block did WRC for a while, maybe he still does, and wasn't that successful. I've always wondered if a regular rally driver could do what he does, just without all the branding and marketing support. These videos have always been rad, but they've gotten a bit repetitive. Now I'd rather just go and watch some proper old or modern rally clips.

Loading Video...

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: I hear ya on the repetitiveness. I kind of liked Gymkhana 9 because he almost goofed a couple times and he made some mistakes. Watch when he almost drifts off the end of the pier. Holy crap he gets close. If you want to watch one, and one only, i highly highly recommend the San Francisco one. That one is the best.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how many cars he goes through in one of these shoots. Does he release outakes or is he trying to convince people he never messes up?

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: So I know a little bit about these. If you watch the videos, they are obviously cut up and the "best" clips are put together. Some of the stunts you can see previous burnout marks where he has practiced the technique he is using. He does NOT do all of this in one big shot as the video makes you believe. He uses one car only. In the world of what he is doing, he is probably the best at it and does not make a lot of mistakes. That particular car he is driving is around $400,000 to build (according to an interview I watched). It's not a stock car by any means. I can't imagine he has a bunch of these on hand as they are super expensive to replace if he does wreck one.

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He uses one car only.

A better question would be: How many sets of tires does he go through?

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baconhound: Hahaha, I would bet somewhere close there is a semi full of tires.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UpperDecker

Here is the one. This is how I imagine Jeff coming into work at San Francisco. I mean, this is how we all imagine ourselves coming into work right?

Loading Video...

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Why did I think Ken Block died? Weird.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

They'll probably have a version of his car in the game, and I'm sure there will be some rally-style events. I wouldn't be too surprised if there's a virtual Ken Block in the game, either. As far as stunt driving stuff goes, there will be some things like drift challenges, jumps, et al.

The Gymkhana stuff is impressive. I imagine some other drivers could pull it off, but it takes some stones to actually do it. I figure most have a Niki Lauda-esque attitude towards it and don't see much point in taking risks they don't have to for pure spectacle.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Franstone

Why did I think Ken Block died? Weird.

You were probably thinking Dave Mirra, I did for a split second.

@upperdecker You ever play Dirt 3? If not you might want to check it out since it has a whole section dedicated to Gymkhana with Ken Block.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franstone: I have played Dirt 3! Is there a level that is in a city like this? I remember like a ship yard or something but never played a different level other than that.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@upperdecker: Pretty sure there were just a few locations including that warehouse/shipyard and a couple sections cut from other tracks unfortunately. Nothing in a city like that I don't think. Dirt 4 if that ever happens maybe?? : )

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smokey!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.