Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Questing regarding traction control on Forza 3

ukhiphop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ukhiphop

on the demo i race with the settings on hard...my best time is1min.0533sec when i take the traction control off.. i can't match my time so my question is do you acheive better lap time with traction control on or off

Sweaterfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sweaterfish

I've always achieved better times with it off.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

off obviously. It basically tones down the power for you during cornering anyway so why bother unless you're an idiot who spins out endlessly?

ukhiphop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ukhiphop

Crunch uk i'm not idiot... 1min.0533sec proves that it just seem when you take a low speed corner you have to wait forever to get back on the power. i've only raced with TC off a few times so i guess i need to give it a few more trys

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By trace

I don't think it's as simple as saying turning traction control off will help you get better lap times. It can depend on the kind of car you're using and your own driving style. I know there's a good mixture of fast times on the Forza 2 leaderboards with and without traction control, so I think it really boils down to what suits you best. If you're having issues rolling into the accelerator and losing too much grip coming out of turns, by all means, stick with traction control.

Personally, I play without traction control, as I'd much prefer to lose some grip if I accelerate a little too hard, rather than have my acceleration be cut and moderated forcefully. Going without TCS feels more natural to me, and I think avoiding it will help your driving technique overall since it discourages slamming on the gas when exiting turns. But playing with traction control certainly doesn't make you an idiot.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    @ukhiphop said:
    " Crunch uk i'm not idiot... 1min.0533sec proves that it just seem when you take a low speed corner you have to wait forever to get back on the power. i've only raced with TC off a few times so i guess i need to give it a few more trys "
    59 seconds prove you are wrong? And i believe the top times of 57 seconds thereabouts are all done without the traction control
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

That would really depend on how you accelerate and corner the car. I normally leave traction control off in all racing games but I pop it on for powerful cars to reduce spin out.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Baillie

Wow, really. How did you think it was right spelling it Questing?

Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raiden36O
    @crunchUK said:
    " @ukhiphop said:
    " Crunch uk i'm not idiot... 1min.0533sec proves that it just seem when you take a low speed corner you have to wait forever to get back on the power. i've only raced with TC off a few times so i guess i need to give it a few more trys "
    59 seconds prove you are wrong? And i believe the top times of 57 seconds thereabouts are all done without the traction control "
    Who cares, your both very big men for setting times.

In terms of the thread its generally quicker to turn off all the assists, you just need to practise and be more careful with how you apply the brakes/throttle.

Having said that though it definatly depends on the car. In forza 2 for example most of the top 500 lap times for the tracks were set with Muscle cars with not much handeling and alot of power. People who used those cars on the leaderboards generally always used traction to help keep the power under control.
    Ravage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Ravage

In reality this setting really depends on the car. Some cars are a lot more powerful with it set, but we're talking killer performance cars like the Merc Black's, which are just too powerful for their own good.

In the game I'm guessing a lot of the time it will slow you down,but I'm also guessing by not much, as your times have proven.

As an earlier poster said, traction control basically powers the power to the wheels as you go round corners to stop the car from spinning or slipping on the road. This helps by making sure the wheels are spinning no faster or slower than the wheel needs to on the road. Most of the time though it will slow the wheels down and then when you power down going back to a straight it can take some time before the traction control switches off.

I used to drive in Ireland around roundabouts and I used to switch off the traction control when it was totally empty, it was great to feel the car give slightly and the power off as you hit the on ramp to the motorway. With traction control on doing the same thing, the car bogged down and when you hit full throttle it would take upto 4 seconds to give it back.

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By gunharp

I don't think any of you have said outright how to help this guy out. 

Generally..... the way you play with out traction control is to learn to manage the power of the car. Every car will be faster with traction control off (this how the game is designed). You need to learn to be easy on the accelerator and "feel" if you will for the (pretty hard with plastic controllers haha) sweet spots when coming out of corners. This requires a lot of patience and practice with the analog button. Where as with traction control, you can literally just slam on the gas during corner exiting. This is how I play, a lot more fun for me personally. There is more depth to it but I hope you get the general idea and move from there. Good luck.

ukhiphop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ukhiphop

Thanks Gunharp With TC off you get to feel the true Acceleration of the walk ( which feel great!!!) i'm only 0.400 off my best time so i'm starting to get the hang off it.. man this game is amazing I can't wait till the release!!!

ukhiphop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ukhiphop

Thanks Gunharp With TC off you get to feel the true Acceleration of the car ( which feels great!!!) i'm only 0.400 off my best time so i'm starting to get the hang off it.. man this game is amazing I can't wait till the release!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.