Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

World Cyber Games - Forza 3 Team USA Online Qualifiers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FuManChuu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FuManChuu3

Your chance to qualify for Team USA 2010 is quickly approaching. The World Cyber Games online qualifiers are starting up April 5th with tournaments in Counter-Strike 1.6, WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne, Guitar Hero 5, Forza Motorsport 3, Tekken 6, and Carom 3D. The FREE online qualifiers will run each week through August and winners will advance to the US National Final where the top gamers will represent Team USA in the WCG Grand Finals in Los Angeles, California

• What: World Cyber Games 2010 online qualifiers to the National Finals
    • When: April 5th - August 8th
    • Games: Counter-Strike 1.6 (PC), WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne (PC), Carom 3D (PC), Guitar Hero 5 (Xbox 360), Forza Motorsport 3 (Xbox 360), and Tekken 6 (Xbox 360)

Don’t wait! Sign up now for your chance represent the United States and be a member of Team USA at qualify.us.wcg.com!
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By trace

I know this is just a spam thread of sorts, but I couldn't help but take a look at the rules for the qualifiers. It's one-on-one with no collisions, three laps around a few set tracks, with only autobrake and racing line forced off...oh, and no limits on car selection.

I'm envisioning tournaments filled with crazy X-Class racers puttering about tiny tracks, and I find the thought hilarious.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crunchUK
    @PsEG said:
    " I know this is just a spam thread of sorts, but I couldn't help but take a look at the rules for the qualifiers. It's one-on-one with no collisions, three laps around a few set tracks, with only autobrake and racing line forced off...oh, and no limits on car selection.

I'm envisioning tournaments filled with crazy X-Class racers puttering about tiny tracks, and I find the thought hilarious. "
    Lols... 

In my experience though, for a tournament or other highly competitive race you just can't beat GT2 or V8 supercars. 
    FuManChuu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FuManChuu3

Spam threads also will actively consider suggestions regarding modifications to the rule set.  

Thanks for the feedback :P If anyone have any other specifics they want addressed, holler.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trace
    @FuManChuu3:  Heh, whoops. My apologies for thinking you were a spambot. I figured it would just be the one post and then you'd be gone. Then again, when I assume...

Anyways, while I do find the idea of X-Class on those tracks hilarious, I did sign up anyways. Even if the rules stay as-is, I'm a glutton for amusement (which is often why the Giant Bomb Race Nights are so warped), and more truthfully, I've wanted to take at shot at one of these world competitions for a while, even if I have the most outside of chances.

That said, I might suggest that if you were to make a rules change, you should simply specify a certain class to race. If you still want faster prototype racers, force R1-Class, which should provide a better selection of fast cars than the few that can be upgraded into X. You could also drop down to slower but more evenly competitive cars like in A-Class. As much as I'd love to suggest further restrictions based on putting more emphasis on the driver skill, that would come at the expense of restricting car selection and tuned setups, which takes a lot of Forza 3's character out of the competition.
    FuManChuu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FuManChuu3
    @PsEG: No problem, and thanks for the info. The rule set was brought over from earlier competitions the tournament organization was involved in (which admittedly, I wasn't a part of) - so, I'm not entirely sure how hilarious the resulting races will be. 

I'll forward the feedback on to the powers at be.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    @PsEG said:

" @FuManChuu3:  Heh, whoops. My apologies for thinking you were a spambot. I figured it would just be the one post and then you'd be gone. Then again, when I assume...  Anyways, while I do find the idea of X-Class on those tracks hilarious, I did sign up anyways. Even if the rules stay as-is, I'm a glutton for amusement (which is often why the Giant Bomb Race Nights are so warped), and more truthfully, I've wanted to take at shot at one of these world competitions for a while, even if I have the most outside of chances.  That said, I might suggest that if you were to make a rules change, you should simply specify a certain class to race. If you still want faster prototype racers, force R1-Class, which should provide a better selection of fast cars than the few that can be upgraded into X. You could also drop down to slower but more evenly competitive cars like in A-Class. As much as I'd love to suggest further restrictions based on putting more emphasis on the driver skill, that would come at the expense of restricting car selection and tuned setups, which takes a lot of Forza 3's character out of the competition. "

Implying that if you were playing to win you wouldn't effectively be relegated to a choice of the porsche RS spyder in R1 and the audi S5 in A-class. "Character"... you're hardly losing much of it by putting further restrictions in place. It's a false liberty, car selection in a tournament. All cars in a race series are equal, produce better racing, and at the end of the day better choice and are more skillful than an AWD car.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trace
    @FuManChuu3: Thanks, it's appreciated. That said, after writing that post, I did go take a quick gander at all the leaderboards for the classes I mentioned, and I apologize that I'm sort of realizing I may not quite know what I'm talking about when acting somewhat sage. :P While time trial times aren't always representative of competition times, most every class is dominated by one or two cars on almost every track. The most diverse classes at the top at first glance appeared to be C-Class and...yes, X-Class.

So I might be wrong about X-Class being overly crazy. However, players would have to upgrade one of a select few R1 cars to their limits to get to X, which not everyone does, and it'd pretty much guarantee the use of traction control for assists in order to be fast and competitive. Players caught off guard by a competitor whipping out an X-Class when they don't have one readily available would be awkward and probably would lead to an unbalanced race, to say the least.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trace
    @crunchUK said:
    " Implying that if you were playing to win you wouldn't effectively be relegated to a choice of the porsche RS spyder in R1 and the audi S5 in A-class. "Character"... you're hardly losing much of it by putting further restrictions in place. It's a false liberty, car selection in a tournament. All cars in a race series are equal, produce better racing, and at the end of the day better choice and are more skillful than an AWD car. "
    When I made that post, I hadn't looked at the leaderboards in quite some time and seen the absolute Spyder/S5 domination. My bad. Seriously, that S5's ripped apart A-Class quite a bit since December.

I'll admit I wouldn't be against the idea of being forced to pick a certain car or one of a few select equally-matched cars, with stock tuning/upgrades forced on. Seeing a bunch of the same car racing around the track in Forza might not be much of a spectacle, and that's where I think you'd be losing some character, by making Forza's car selection look more limited. That said, I'm never against the idea of a driver's race -- in fact, many of my favorite races were stock or spec car races.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    @PsEG said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " Implying that if you were playing to win you wouldn't effectively be relegated to a choice of the porsche RS spyder in R1 and the audi S5 in A-class. "Character"... you're hardly losing much of it by putting further restrictions in place. It's a false liberty, car selection in a tournament. All cars in a race series are equal, produce better racing, and at the end of the day better choice and are more skillful than an AWD car. "
    When I made that post, I hadn't looked at the leaderboards in quite some time and seen the absolute Spyder/S5 domination. My bad. Seriously, that S5's ripped apart A-Class quite a bit since December.  I'll admit I wouldn't be against the idea of being forced to pick a certain car or one of a few select equally-matched cars, with stock tuning/upgrades forced on. Seeing a bunch of the same car racing around the track in Forza might not be much of a spectacle, and that's where I think you'd be losing some character, by making Forza's car selection look more limited. That said, I'm never against the idea of a driver's race -- in fact, many of my favorite races were stock or spec car races. "
    I think the main difference between forza 2 and forza 3 LB cars is that LB cars in forza 2 were largely american muscle with obscene amounts of power and stock tyres. It was very over the top, but insansely dificult to master. Forza 3, the LB cars are AWD variable torque slick machines, into which new players can jump in and feel like a pro. As a result everyone uses them, whereas before only a handful or drivers could. 

Aaanyway, A-class RWD is a nice place to be. That is all. 
    FuManChuu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FuManChuu3

There are only a few qualifiers remaining as your opportunity to make the cut and join Team USA is quickly fading. Be sure to head on over and get signed up at qualify.us.wcg.com while there is still time!. All winners will receive a travel stipend for the USA Finals. Best of luck!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#12  Edited By citizenkane

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.