New racing wheel

#1 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Does anyone know if Turn 10 or Microsoft have said if they'll release the racing wheel used at the forza E3 booth? And no I don't mean the entire sled, just the wheel.

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

DON'T BUY A RACING WHEEL

#3 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:

DON'T BUY A RACING WHEEL

#4 Posted by Vinny_Says (5719 posts) -

yeah I believe it's 2 new wheels, one's a (Fanetec?) and I don't know what the other one is.

#5 Posted by LosDub (198 posts) -

the wheel that was used on the sled is about $700

the other wheel is a wireless wii-like steering wheel thats about $60, basically U-Shape similar to a flight stick used in airplanes has 4buttons(abxy), d-pad, and 2 triggers(gas and brake)

http://majornelson.com/2011/06/06/announcing-the-xbox-360-wireless-speed-wheel/

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6551 posts) -

REFRAIN FROM PURCHASING A PERIPH... ehhh, you get the gist. 

#7 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

I'll buy the damn wheel just to spite all of you.

#8 Posted by slowbird (1735 posts) -

DO BUY A RACING WHEEL! DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR LIES AND SLANDER.

#9 Posted by slowbird (1735 posts) -

@LosDub said:

the wheel that was used on the sled is about $700

the other wheel is a wireless wii-like steering wheel thats about $60, basically U-Shape similar to a flight stick used in airplanes has 4buttons(abxy), d-pad, and 2 triggers(gas and brake)

http://majornelson.com/2011/06/06/announcing-the-xbox-360-wireless-speed-wheel/

Actually, the one from the sled can be up to $700, but a slightly less fancy version should come in at around $300. I want one, but the pre-order line will be SO LONG because they can't keep up with demand for their current racing wheels.

#10 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

@slowbird they actually discontinued their racing wheel, that's why you can't find them anywhere. Believe me I've tried.

#11 Posted by slowbird (1735 posts) -

@Burns09: You mean the Microsoft wheel? I'm talking about Fanatec, who makes the only X360/PS3/PC compatible wheel so far, and will be making the new 4za wheel, hopefully with some sort of help from Microsoft because THEY MAKE WHEELS REALLY SLOWLY.

#12 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Yeah I was talking about the microsoft one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.