Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Freelancer

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 04, 2003

A free roaming space sim which puts you in the shoes of a down and out pilot, and then gives you the freedom to earn your riches by performing missions for the various factions, trading or simply shooting other ships and taking their cargo!

Freelancer 2

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jimbo7676

People would buy it, so they should make it. Anyone else want a Freelancer 2? Because I do. Give me your arguements on why a Freelancer 2 game should or should not be made (as if you could argue it shouldn't be made). Yes I'm aware this is a vague topic without much point but I just wanted to post it in hopes that it would be the first tumbling stone that starts a landslide of people storming Microsoft and forcing them to make a Freelancer 2. With violence if necessary.

trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By trigger

Seriously if anyone starts storming Microsoft's Game Studio's to demand a Freelancer 2. You'll see me on top of the microsoft towers with a large Machine Gun spraying into the crowd.

If your going to demand a Game outta the freelancer series to have a sequel made out of. Then demand STARLANCER!!!!

EFKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EFKT

Id love to see a new freelancer game, had some awesome memories playing it.

Perhaps you've heard of darkstar one, if not search it up.
    Alot of people say its similar :P
    Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jimbo7676
    EFKT said:
    "Id love to see a new freelancer game, had some awesome memories playing it.
    Perhaps you've heard of darkstar one, if not search it up.
    Alot of people say its similar :P
    "
    I tried it but I couldn't get into it. It's not as "free" as freelancer. I think you get your upgrades through the story or something like that. The freedom in Freelancer is what won me over. That and the size of the game. I had a great time finding artifact weapons and getting rep with whatever that drug cartel faction was so I could smuggle drugs into civilized systems for hella cash. That or just camping a freeport station and blowing all the transports to all hell with my fully upgraded heavy fighter and taking all their cargo. Man I could go on and on. There should be a sequel and that's all there is to it.
    StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StressedOutCat

Freelancer...  why don't you guys try the new Jumpgate Evolution MMO, should be out next month.
    Looks just like Free/Star-lancer.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By EvilDingo

I'm currently playing Freelancer on my Mac... So, yeah... I would love to see a sequel, although I would personally prefer if it was released on consoles too.

Don't necessarily feel the need to get a PC for gaming
    alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By alcamin

A new Freelancer game would be great! I had a lot of fun with the first one and I'm sure they could build on it and enhance the experience. Yeah, I can definately see myself buy a sequel. The world needs more decent non-MMO space sims, I reckon. :)

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By EvilDingo
    Alcamin said:
    "A new Freelancer game would be great! I had a lot of fun with the first one and I'm sure they could build on it and enhance the experience. Yeah, I can definately see myself buy a sequel. The world needs more decent non-MMO space sims, I reckon. :)
    "
    Yeah. I'm not too much into the whole deal with that kind of game having to be a mmo

P_Buddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By P_Buddy

How is Eve compared to Freelancer.  Jimbo7676 put it best by stating how the freedom of freelancer is what made the game.  A large map (but not too large) with many hidden black holes, and the endless possibilities to do whatever your hearts content.  Oddly enough that even now the game's graphic are pretty descent.  Making it an MMO doesn't sound too bad, but I really hate paying fees to play a game; it's the same as paying a  stripper for a lap dance when you have a perfectly good and ready girlfriend at home to do just the same.  

Regardless of strippers, maybe Bungie could purchase Freelancer off of Microsoft and create some sort of epic sequel, because for the time being, Microsoft has put this game in some dusty basement somewhere with "top people on it".  I still get friends asking me to barrow that game.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.