swinghi's Freelancer (PC) review

• swinghi wrote this review on .

Great Introduction to Space Sims

So I hadn't played a Space Sim since Wing Commander and I really enjoyed that but I never really wanted to get a joystick and get crazy into it.  So when I saw that this game could be controlled completely well with a mouse and a keyboard I decided to give it a try.  I really like the open feel of the game and that you don't really have to follow the main story if you don't want to.  I also like that you are rewarded for searching the systems by being given weapons that are way more powerful that anything you can buy, thus saving you money.    The acting and story are well done and I would love to see a new version of this game sometime in the future.