Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

From Dust

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 27, 2011

As a benevolent god known as 'the Breath', players must lead their people to safety and help them retrieve the lost knowledge of their ancestors by manipulating the shape of the terrain of the world in this spiritual successor to Populous.

From dust pc.

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ItsPozer

Im thinking about getting this game but seen tons of post saying the pc one is broken. Just wanna know has it been patched since or does it still not work.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ryanwho

I ended up using the wasd keys because mouse movement was so fucked. Basically use wasd for big movements and the mouse for small movements. But the game has bigger problems than the controls.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funkydupe

I would advice against it. Also the gameplay is rather simplistic and the 'story' is short.

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ItsPozer

hmm maybe i wont get it, but i still do need a game to play lol.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

Plenty of games out there better than this, Pozer. The tech behind From Dust is interesting, but the gameplay however is not. Some say it is wasted potential in that you're only given a few specific abilities and duties to perform throughout the course of the game. The campaign, if you can call it that, is too linear. You get the impression that this game is way more sand-boxy than it truly is.

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ItsPozer

I ended up getting 2 games for the price of what from dust was. The witcher 1 after hearing about vinny go on about it for weeks i had to give it a shot and also dungeons of dredmor. :)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

I just tried this game on PC and not long after I finished writing a ticket to Steam support requesting a refund. The mouse controls are horrendous, what the fuck did they do? How do you mess something up this bad?

The fact they haven't fixed the controls when the game has been out for 4+ months is a joke. What a garbage developer, I'm not buying PC games by these guys again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.