Am I the only one doing this?

#1 Posted by Linkster7 (1002 posts) -

I'm playing in windowed mode and once in a while I'll be in a menu and I'll press the X for the game instead of the in game window. I just did this and lost my best game yet, I'm so stupid I know, anyone else out there done the same. Would make me feel a little better about myself.

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

You are probably the only one doing that.

#3 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1569 posts) -
#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

This seems like a personal problem. It probably has something to do with your mother.

#5 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

This seems like a personal problem. It probably has something to do with your mother.

Sickest of burns.

#6 Posted by SirDancelot (79 posts) -

I did that the other day. I was taking a screenshot of a bug I found where a weapon's description was "You should never see this". Then when I thought I was X'ing out the screenshot, I closed the game without saving. Also my best run.

#7 Posted by BisonHero (5674 posts) -

You guys need to pick any of the display modes other than windowed, even if it's stretched or something, because this game is hard enough without you accidentally throwing away your best run.

#8 Posted by Linkster7 (1002 posts) -

I've also started just pressing the "1" button every two seconds for the ion weapon which leads me to constantly choose the surrender option by mistake when taking down guys.

ARH...

#9 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

There's a surrender button?

#10 Posted by Iodine (532 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Suicide is the only surrender

#11 Posted by Linkster7 (1002 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

I mean when the other ship offers to surrender

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

@Linkster7 said:

I've also started just pressing the "1" button every two seconds for the ion weapon which leads me to constantly choose the surrender option by mistake when taking down guys.

ARH...

Auto-fire is your friend with ion weapons. Just remember to manually wrangle your other weapons or you might accidentally snuff your own boarding party.

#13 Edited by Linkster7 (1002 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@Linkster7 said:

ARH...

Auto-fire is your friend with ion weapons. Just remember to manually wrangle your other weapons or you might accidentally snuff your own boarding party.

And I just now saw the auto fire button. Thanks!

EDIT: Damn that makes life easier, again this game keeps making me feel stupid, but in a good way.

#14 Posted by Sammo21 (3031 posts) -

The game alt-tabs very easy. I don't see the point of windowed mode with such a lite game.

#15 Posted by envane (1156 posts) -

@Ravenlight: PERFECT RUN , wave 2 rebel flagship , FUCKING AUTOFIRE PEGASUS MISSILES INTO MY BOARDING PARTY , somehow make it to wave 3 with like 25% hull left , boarding drones and 3 engis and a human left to deal with them :(((

#16 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

@envane said:

@Ravenlight: PERFECT RUN , wave 2 rebel flagship , FUCKING AUTOFIRE PEGASUS MISSILES INTO MY BOARDING PARTY , somehow make it to wave 3 with like 25% hull left , boarding drones and 3 engis and a human left to deal with them :(((

That's almost exactly what happened to me :(

I'd sent six of my crew over to the flagship and was disabling systems one-by-one. Then the Osprey's automatic super-laser system got an amazing hit and destroyed the second form with 90% of my crew on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.