Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FUEL

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Fuel is an open-world racing game featuring 5,000-plus miles of open road and drastic weather like tornados and blizzards.

Multiplayer experiences?

ghostdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ghostdog

I'm considering getting this game because a few friends are about to buy it but I want to know more about what everyone's seen of the multiplayer portion.  Is it fun to setup the races?  What are the positives / negatives?  I'll be running it on the 360.
    Thanks!

SPiiKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SPiiKE
    @ghostdog:  Im not totaly convinced over the online yet. after every player or ranked match you get sent in to "online freeburn mode " (cant remembeer the actual name for it).
    but nothing is realy going on there .Ttheres no challenges or anything like burnout. i need to maby read the manual ( you no things are bad if you need to pull the manual out) . if any one has had better experiances of online and have some tips then that would be good.
    ghostdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ghostdog

@SPIIKE: I've got to admit that it's a very pretty game but they really need to patch the online.   The online is really only for free roaming - there's no way to drive up to a challenge together and do it.  As soon as you do anything "race-related" you're immediately back into an instanced race which completely negates the purpose of online play.  I'm really hoping that Codemasters and the developer listen to the buyers and patch in some real online functionality.

SPiiKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SPiiKE
    @ghostdog: im surprised that codemasters let it through with the state of the online. I know grid isnt perfect , but at least on player matches you get to stay in the lobby and have a vote on the next race. surely it was in codemasters intrest that asobo get the online as good as they can . I dont agree with all the 5/10 reviews , but if the online was right then that would of put the mark up enough to sell alot more copys of the game.  now lets all sit in a circle and chant the word patch , patch , patch
    ghostdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghostdog
    @SPiiKE: Agreed, but I think think that the multiplayer should only get 5/10 at this point.  lets hope they add to it to drive more people to buy it.  I can't really recommend the game for anyone looking to play online at this point.  It's too bad but hopefully they'll close the loop on this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.