Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fuse

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 28, 2013

Insomniac's first multiplatform game tells the story of OverStrike 9, a band of special-agent misfits working together to thwart a threat to mankind.

Tonal Shift

ChibiKillstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ChibiKillstick

So, from what I've seen, just about no one likes the new direction "Overstrike" is going. Surely the developers have picked up on this? is there a possible Infamous 2 moment where they'll revert back do you think?

Nergrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nergrim

its not really the same as changing only one characters look in the game.

The will have to remake the whole look of the game.

And i dont think they will do that

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By kerse

All we had was a trailer before, no actual in game footage. So I'm not really sure why there is such uproar over this. We still have barely seen anything about the game, not saying it will be the best game ever but I'll hold my judgement til the games out and some reviews and hopefully a quick look. Binary Domain was awesome and to me looked like "generic shooter #1234" as people like to call these games now.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By benspyda

@kerse: Graphically Binary Domain looked fine, just the gameplay looked generic shooter. Graphically and art design wise, Fuse looks pretty horrible, even if the gameplay looks like a decent Mass Effect MP sort of thing. And I've never seen the original trailer.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By aurahack

I'm going to give Insomniac the benefit of doubt on this one, only because they do make quality games. But as someone who instantly fell in love with the look and tone of the original trailer... I'm nothing short of crushed by the new look it's taken. So little personality to it.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kerse

@benspyda I guess it could just be me, but I thought from the trailer it looked way better than horrible graphically. Art is definitely uninspired, I prefer the original look. But I still don't think it looks bad so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am completely put off with what I've seen from this new direction, but as pointed out, Binary Domain really showed us that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. That game got great as soon as it really got going.

Hell, unless I knew about the ambitious direction Spec Ops: The Line had, I probably would've dismissed it after the first few levels, if I'd even given it a second glance at all.

ChibiKillstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ChibiKillstick

I'm definitely not dismissing the gameplay, like I said I am just a little confused as to why they ditched the art direction and tone of the original trailer. Was there some sort of EXTREMELY unlikely focus test group that said they didn't like the original direction? Maybe they didn't think they could nail the humor aspect for an entire game as opposed to a single trailer?

Like I said...the game part will probably be fine, it just seems like a missed opportunity to make something with a little more personality.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Brendan

I bet this game sucks now because it looks different.

Pre-order cancelled.

"Ooh, new screenshot!"

PRE-ORDER RE ORDERED.

"Ooh, new trailer!"

PRE-ORDER DOUBLE CANCELLED!!!"

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Phatmac

If this were a new dev than I'd be worried, but this is Insomniac that we're talking about. You a nearly 2 decade year old dev that has released some great games over its lifespan. Please internet, try to give it a chance before you write if off completely.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sweetz

@kerse said:

All we had was a trailer before, no actual in game footage. So I'm not really sure why there is such uproar over this.

Because the original trailer showed great promise that the new trailers doesn't fulfill. I think people are ready for a AAA-produced shooter with a bit of charm and bright colors. Having that idea turned into a "gritty", sepia-toned, military shooter lookalike, with absolutely zero indication of personality is tremendously disappointing. I believe the response would still be negative even without that first trailer, but I think it's even more so because of it.

The lesson here being that game developers/publishers need to stop showing off bullshit "concept" trailers before something as integral as the whole tone and direction of a game has been nailed down.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kerse

@Sweetz said:

@kerse said:

All we had was a trailer before, no actual in game footage. So I'm not really sure why there is such uproar over this.

Because the original trailer showed great promise that the new trailers doesn't fulfill. I think people are ready for a AAA-produced shooter with a bit of charm and bright colors. Having that idea turned into a "gritty", sepia-toned, military shooter lookalike, with absolutely zero indication of personality is tremendously disappointing. I believe the response would still be negative even without that first trailer, but I think it's even more so because of it.

The lesson here being that game developers/publishers need to stop showing off bullshit "concept" trailers before something as integral as the whole tone and direction of a game has been nailed down.

Yeah I agree, I've pretty much stopped watching most trailers altogether, especially the early ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The game looked interesting before, right now it looks super generic. I was interested before since it seemed like it had potential, the new gameplay looks like it haven't fulfilled on the potential I saw in it.

That doesn't mean the game will suck, it just means that right now I haven't seen anything in the game that makes me interested in it anymore...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.