Anyone have a list of good Game Room games?

#1 Edited by WEGGLES (739 posts) -

I've watched the quicklooks, and remember various games that weren't completely terrible... and I have 2400 Space bucks to spend (8 games?) and I feel like hating my self so... 

Is there a list of the good/decent gameroom games? The ones worth playing? 

Edit: List for other people in a similar situation 

• Yars' Revenge
  • Yie Ar Kungfu
  • Detana Twinbee
  • Shao-lin's Road
  • Pooyan
  • Time Pilot
  • Jackal
  • Foodfight
  • Blades of Steel
  • Jungler
  • Major Havok
#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

Yars' Revenge 

/list

#3 Posted by heatDrive88 (2173 posts) -
#4 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -

Pooyan, time pilot and the twinbee games were ones I planned to get. Was hoping there was more :p. Maybe the gems of Game Room just stick out that much more due to what is there to compare it to. 

Not sure about Shao-lin's Road or Yie Ar Kungfu... and I remember Yars' Revenge being a clusterfuck, unless I'm mistaken :P 

Guess I'll have some points left over then.

#5 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

Uh Jackal, time pilot, and detana twin bee are the the games I purchased with my 3 games worth of space bucks.
Seriously, get time pilot, I played the shit out of that game on an arcade machine.

#6 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -

Oh, duh. Jackal. 

Is foodfight good? It looked good, but looks can be deceiving.  

#7 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Blades of Steel isn't as good as the NES version but it's still probably worth $2. 

Oh, and Jungler.

#8 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -

Oh man. It looks like I'll be needing to get a ton of the game packs.  

Roughly how big are the packs? I mean, they're just roms... right?

#9 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1123 posts) -

Food Fight

#10 Posted by Teptom (2045 posts) -

Major Havoc.

#11 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

If you got 2400 points to burn, why not get a decent live arcade game or two, instead of a bunch of bad ports from gameroom?

#12 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -
@Kiro said:

" If you got 2400 points to burn, why not get a decent live arcade game or two, instead of a bunch of bad ports from gameroom? "

I have 2400 Space bucks to spend (8 games?) and I feel like hating my self so...     

:P 

I can't think of any XBLA games I don't have that I do want... and It'd be completely unlike me to save points for when something does come up. 
#13 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

The shadow broker DLC for Mass Effect 2 is pretty good, probably better value then anything on gameroom. But I'm not gonna stop you from enjoying your masochistic pleasures, have fun with Game Room. 

Tempest isn't too awful if you can get past the clunky control.

#14 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -

I'm hoping for a ME2 goty version on the PC... and then for it to go on sale super cheap :P

#15 Posted by Pacmantis (11 posts) -

Kitten Kaboodle and the Mystical Ninja game are pretty not bad.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

Detana Twinbee is pretty good... Well, it's got good music, anyway.

#17 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Foodfight is cool. 
#18 Edited by JoeyIA (660 posts) -

Barn Storming 
TwinBee 
Detana!! TwinBee 
Devastators 
Food fight 
Finalizer 
Flack Attack  
Frog Bog 
H.E.R.O.
Iron Horse 
Missing In Action 
Amidar 
Astrosmash 
Barn Storming 
Bowling 
Boxing (2600) 
Jackal 
Miniature Golf 
Missile Command (2600) 
Missile Command 
Oink! 
Pinball 
Plaque Attack 
Shao-lin's Road 
Yie Ar Kung-Fu 
Time Pilot 
Video Pinball  

Here's a spreedsheet if you're interested in medals.  It isn't complete, its just one that somebody posted on GameFaqs, but its the most complete list I've been able to find.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.