Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

Game Room thoughts / what I'd like to see

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By fox01313

Personally I'd like to see the arcade version of Xenophobe, atari version of Haunted House, arcade version of Splatterhouse, Black Tiger & Bosconian, early PC/C64 game of Friday the13th, as well as the arcade of the original vector game of Star Wars. I might think of more when I sit down to try to think of all the old titles over the years, that or comb through a few dozen backup dvds/cds that have all the emulation programs found over the years. Overall just follow what was done with Jungler, grab the obscure games so they really catch the attention as I'd be more likely to look at a game like Jungler (which I never played in the arcades) than some game that was everywhere like Marble Madness.

Also how about taking the technology from XBLA Pinball Fx & put that in. I'd love to see some pinball tournaments going on in the Game Room. Even if the pinball games are new & not classics, I think that they'd add a lot of activity in the Game Room from a lot of people like me who always enjoy going back to some pinball game to unwind. From what I've seen at the opening of Game Room & after hitting up the demo of every game, I love the possibilities of Game Room even though I'll wait til next week to see what pops up there.

Lastly, really liking the props of the Game Room themes & suggest something else for the game room props... skeeball.    

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @fox01313 said:
    " arcade version of Splatterhouse,"
    Damn, you read my mind. Probably be a ratings issue though.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rayfield

I fired it up this morning and I really like what they've done. I got an achievment for putting a couch in my arcade! Awesome! 

I'll probably buy a few of the games (Super Cobra etc). I really appreciate the obscureness of some of the games. Makes me discover stuff I've never heard of before which is great. 

I saw a comment this morning on Kotaku. Some dude complaining that: 

a) he'd never heard of the games so he didn't want to play them 

b) he can't put his XBLA games in the arcade. 

Moron.
    stankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By stankit

I want to see Galaga 3 and Galaga 88.  Hell, also give me Galaga and I'll have fun, even though I already have Galaga for XBLA and a lot of other systems.  
    I'd also like the Star Wars arcade games.  Maybe Tron. 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ravensword

Oh, is this out? ill have to check it out.
    REDdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By REDdimension

Zookeeper! 

(Maybe I should clarify.  I'm talking the arcade classic, not the crummy GBA puzzle game.)

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

Well as fun as the classics are, I wouldn't mind seeing what they do once they get into more recent titles. I'd LOVE to play a ranked version of Metal Slug, for example. Oh man, and Metal Slug boss challenges, that would also be dope. 

in terms of older material, I think it goes without saying that some old school Midway/Williams shit would be -awesome-. Rampage, or Defender, or Joust would be sweet. Or Smash TV. Gotta get that in there at some point.  

And yeah I'm liking people's idea of putting in the Star Wars vector game. That would be sweet. Also Battlezone. Battlezone more than anything please.

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ahab88

Custer's Revenge?  But seriously...

Any word on c64 games coming? Thought I heard they were. Bring on the Beach Head, Aztec Challenge and Forbidden Forest.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Tordah

I'd be interested in seeing a bunch of C64 titles like Kikstart II, International Karate+, Ikari Warriors, 4x4 Offroad Racing, etc.

Hopefully they'll add more recent games too as I'm not really interested in the really old titles they have now. Those Atari games sure are primitive.

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ahab88

I'll probably be skipping most of the 2600 games, since I still have most of those in working order. 

An aside: my 3 year old son saw the dragon mascot for Adventure and said "That dragon is saying 'play my game'". That was the highlight of my day, mainly because he recognized it as a dragon and not a duck.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @fox01313 said:
    ...Xenophobe...Splatterhouse...
    Man, yes.
    ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ahab88

Is MS posting a release schedule, even if its for the next week? I've got some points and there are a few more games I'm considering, but I'd like to know if I should save my points for something else.
    EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EvolutionX0
    I want to see some arkanoid,  Galaga  and some pac-man for a start
    and i expect it in the next game pack. lol
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#14  Edited By Sin4profit

Problem with a lot of the games i'd like to see, such as Star Wars mentioned is i'm sure they still have to go through some extra licensing to use them (at least as far as i know).
    I want to see APB, Rampage, Spy Hunter. A lot of these games though i just remember playing and don't remember if they're great or if i want them for nostalia...some of them don't hold up so well.

As far as my thoughts on GameRoom i think a lot of it could be done better...mainly i have a problem with the tokens / one time buy ins. i think you should use tokens to play ranked games and use MS Points to buy tokens. makes more sense to me. 50 cents is way too much for what yer getting out of some of these games for a one time play through and i'm only assuming that playthrough gets you into a ranked game, i don't even know but it sure as hell better not just buy you 10mins.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I want Strider and Zaxxon.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Hannibal

I want to see newer arcade titles, like the TMNT from back in the day. 

More importantly I'd like to see an online (via browser) tracking of Game Room stats.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By scarace360

splatter house arcade version, the simpsons arcade game, that X men arcade game where you could play 6 players and dragons lair.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.