Is Game Room finally dead?

#1 Posted by stoodspoon (650 posts) -

There has not been any game room packs for a while, so is Jeff's insanity finally over?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@stoodspoon said:
" There has not been any game room packs for a while, so is Jeff's insanity finally over? "
They pretty much said on the last gameroom quick look they where not making any more games. 
#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14560 posts) -

I believe so. Poor Gameroom. It was so young.

#4 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Game Room will never die.

#5 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's not dead since they announced Game Room for WP7 at CES this year. And they teased that Asteroids Deluxe was coming. Deluxe!

#6 Posted by Yummylee (22129 posts) -

It'll return... on the night of the full moon. Where the forces of Heaven and Hell collide, and the Necronomicon is reopened.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11337 posts) -

So far as I know, they never put out Sunset Riders. And when they do, I'm pretty sure Jeff will do a Quick Look of solely that game. 

But as much as I loved the Game Room Quick Looks, now Jeff has something else crazy going on.  

THE TRAIN WILL NEVER DIE!! CHOOO CHOOO!

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I hope not, Sunset Riders needs to come out!
#9 Posted by FritzDude (2269 posts) -

Game Room will come out for the Windows Phone, so no. But i guess it's "dead" for the time beeing.

#10 Posted by MisterChief (832 posts) -

NEVER.

#11 Posted by Nux (2386 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose:
But it has.
#12 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

It's just resting. Tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk. 

#13 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

#14 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

As long as I posses the strength to continue Jungling, I shall jungle!

#15 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

Calling for a photoshop from Titanic where Jeff's head is on Kate Winslet and an arcade room cabinet is on Leo's head at the point in the movie where she lets him go.

#16 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Seemed like a nice idea, too. Was one of the reasons I was going to invest in yet another 360.

#17 Posted by ColonelT (102 posts) -

I still believe. I STILL BELIEVE.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

#19 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Where the fuck is sunset riders?

#20 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Perhaps there are "seasons" of Game Room game packs. The first season started in May 2010, so perhaps the second season of releases will start around May 2011. Or maybe never. Is there a release date for the Windows Phone 7 port?

#21 Posted by AlphaCentauri (183 posts) -

For now anyway.

#22 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Where the fuck is sunset riders? "
On your hard drive, mocking you.
#23 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

I kind of think it's hilarious that sunset riders is on the hard drive yet it'll never be released. Seriously what the FUCK happened there? XD

#24 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -

It was dead from the beginning.

#25 Posted by Vonocourt (2145 posts) -

Damn, what a bummer Game Room was.

#26 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" I kind of think it's hilarious that sunset riders is on the hard drive yet it'll never be released. Seriously what the FUCK happened there? XD "
Maybe they changed their minds and want to sell it as a full XBLA game.
#27 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
" @jadeskye said:
" I kind of think it's hilarious that sunset riders is on the hard drive yet it'll never be released. Seriously what the FUCK happened there? XD "
Maybe they changed their minds and want to sell it as a full XBLA game. "
so explain time pilot :p
#28 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@jadeskye:  I get the feeling they didn't think everything through initially. And when they started thinking, they shut down Game Room.
#29 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
" @jadeskye:  I get the feeling they didn't think everything through initially. And when they started thinking, they shut down Game Room. "
you're probably right, as much as game room was a total shit show, i appreciated the insight it gave into gaming before my golden era, hell, before i was even born.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.