Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Games with Gold

Concept »

At E3 2013, Microsoft announced their Games with Gold campaign. The campaign offered two downloadable games a month for free for Xbox Live Gold subscribers for a limited number of months. On October 18, 2013, Microsoft stated they were extending the promotion indefinitely.

Using bugged footage to promote Assassins Creed 3 for Games WIth Gold

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I just watched the 'trailer' for June 2017s Games With Gold on Major Nelson's Blog. A decent list of games, but that's subjective and not the point.

What is the point is that they seem to have used two shots from Assassins Creed 3 of a buggy headless guy. I thought that was quite funny, so I shared it, because it's what were supposed to do right. Social!

(Warning: These are not videos, they are screenshots of videos)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Video can be found here: (https://majornelson.com/2017/05/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-june-2017/)

I suppose there could be a story reason for this in the game and I've just made myself look stupid.

/chuckle

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

It looks like the character model is missing, I can't see it's hands or legs either. I didn't play the game though, so who knows.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To me that just looks like his Assassin™ outfit being revealed for the first time and it's on some type of coat rack, really.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: I am pretty sure that is exactly the case.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's when Connor first sees the Assassin outfit on a headless mannequin. Nothing wrong there

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that's clearly when he first sees the outfit...

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if its a scene where he first sees the suit, it's still rendering the low LoD model with low res textures. If that scene lasted any longer you'd see a higher quality mesh pop-in eventually I bet.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yeah, it's totally a scene where he first sees the Assassin outfit. I'm also probably the only person that's really excited to see ACIII show up on backwards compatibility and be free next month.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.