Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gears of War 2 GOTY Edition Out September 1st

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShadowKiller
    Article from Destructoid

Gears of War 2 Game of the Year Edition is happening. GameStop is now taking pre-orders for a newly packaged version of the billion-year-old shooter. Priced at $39.99, this edition’s value stems from the ten s--tloads of downloadable content thrown into the mix. The "All Fronts Collection" -- nineteen multiplayer maps and the ‘deleted scene’ campaign mission -- ships with it as (update) a redeemable code.

If you’ve been looking for a way to get into Gears of War 2 on the cheap without going the “Used” route, this seems like the best way to do it. The game is a rollercoaster of awesome and the multiplayer component isn’t too shabby if you stay away from the majority of public people (read: cheaters).

Gears 2 GOTY hits GameStop September 1st.

Personally I think that's a great deal, since the DLC itself is 20 bucks your only paying 20 for the game itself.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Seems very, very awesome. I envy you 360 guys.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

This is the edition I picked up, since it has been in my "Games to Get" backlog since it was released. Playing games a year late does have its benefits. I'll be getting the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 next month!

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By EVO

First there was Fallout 3. Then there was LittleBigPlanet. Now Gears of War 2.

Seriously, how many fucking GOTY editions are we gonna see? And more importantly, how many GOTY awards does a game need to warrant a GOTY edition?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @EVO said:
    "Seriously, how many fucking GOTY editions are we gonna see? And more importantly, how many GOTY awards does a game need to warrant a GOTY edition? "
    Fable II, L4D, and possibly some others I'm forgetting have GOTY editions.

And...it clearly only needs one GOTY award from any publication.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.