Gears of War 2 GOTY Edition Out September 1st

#1 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -
Article from Destructoid

Gears of War 2 Game of the Year Edition is happening. GameStop is now taking pre-orders for a newly packaged version of the billion-year-old shooter. Priced at $39.99, this edition’s value stems from the ten s--tloads of downloadable content thrown into the mix. The "All Fronts Collection" -- nineteen multiplayer maps and the ‘deleted scene’ campaign mission -- ships with it as (update) a redeemable code.

If you’ve been looking for a way to get into Gears of War 2 on the cheap without going the “Used” route, this seems like the best way to do it. The game is a rollercoaster of awesome and the multiplayer component isn’t too shabby if you stay away from the majority of public people (read: cheaters).

Gears 2 GOTY hits GameStop September 1st.

Personally I think that's a great deal, since the DLC itself is 20 bucks your only paying 20 for the game itself.

#2 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Seems very, very awesome. I envy you 360 guys.

#3 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5423 posts) -

This is the edition I picked up, since it has been in my "Games to Get" backlog since it was released. Playing games a year late does have its benefits. I'll be getting the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 next month!

#4 Edited by EVO (3903 posts) -

First there was Fallout 3. Then there was LittleBigPlanet. Now Gears of War 2.

Seriously, how many fucking GOTY editions are we gonna see? And more importantly, how many GOTY awards does a game need to warrant a GOTY edition?

#5 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -
@EVO said:
"Seriously, how many fucking GOTY editions are we gonna see? And more importantly, how many GOTY awards does a game need to warrant a GOTY edition? "
Fable II, L4D, and possibly some others I'm forgetting have GOTY editions.

And...it clearly only needs one GOTY award from any publication.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.