Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Final boss on insane.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By GunstarRed

I have been playing a ton of the campaign over the last couple of days on insane chipping away at random chapters and have finally hit a brick wall and that is the final boss. I know it's possible, I saw it happen and then the loading screen locked up and I wasn't credited with completing it. Maybe that was my punishment for jumping in right in the last 30 seconds of the level, but Ive been playing this over and over and over with random people occasionally with instagib melee and super reload and it just seems impossible with the amount of awareness youre supposed to have with Tempest shooting at you AND palace guard seemingly hitting you from around corners. 
    Is this even possible solo or without insane luck? Theres a couple of other moments that  I was convinced were impossible like the last stand at the end of chapter 3 or the Armoured Kantus section at the end of the docks but I finally passed them with an exploit, a couple of random grenade taggings and  running around in a circle avoiding a Serapede for a minute whilst everyone else respawns. 
    I just don't know how to kill it. It's annoying and it stands between me and a 75 point achievement. Is there anyone else that needs to beat this? Is there a spot where you can avoid the guards gunfire? why would they put a boss in that rivals the dickishness of General Raam? Help me before I go insane.
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By strainedeyes

At around 8:30 in this video, there is a "trick" location that lets you avoid all the Guards while still giving you sights on Tempest. Helped me out a ton when I solo'd the fight on Inanse (with some helpful mutators).

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Geo7877
    Oh man, thanks for that. I did spot someone hanging around that circular thing when in death-cam but I didn't really pay any attention to it because I assumed youd just get backed into a corner by the guards. but that seems reaaaally helpful. 

edit. That video only works to some degree, I definately do better when i'm positioned there but I get rushed down  more than 50% of the time.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

Aghh I dont want to be posting this because it's really lame but does anyone want to help me out with this boss by playing it on casual, I'd totally help you out with it too or any other section/s of the campaign. I have played this with numerous people, infinite ammo and super reload and it's just broken with four people playing it on insane as soon as she's on the side of the building it gets ridiculous. Ive played this level for over seven hours at this point and she always smashes through the wiondow..it takes far too much to get her off the side of the building whilst avoiding all the instadeath everywhere. 

So if anyone wants to help me...or needs help or anything  you should totally message me or something. GT seamonster king.. i'll probably be trying this all night so whenever 

(please somebody help I'm totally nice and everything...helppppppppp!!!!) 

Edit -  Done! This boss is a total dick and the casual/Insane  combo with two people can be done in like 5 minutes. If anyone else is still insanely stuck on this I would  be happy with giving them a hand also because I know how traumatic this boss is...fuck you Tempest, Fuck you!
    the_devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By the_devoid

I'll help you out if you do the same for me. Just send me a message on xbox live.

gt: thekillazcreed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.