Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

So the disc spins even when installed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedingStarX

Am I imagining this? The day I got it I installed it and from what I remember the game played off the disc as my machine was whisper quiet and the disc did not get hot. Today the machine is pretty loud, the disc is getting pretty hot and the symbol next to the Play Game tab on the dashboard is of a disc and not the HD.

I had a search online and it says that it spins for 5-10 minutes and then stops but I have been on it for around 2 hours now and it hasn't stopped spinning at all

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Reinstall it then.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WalkerTR77

@BleedingStarX: I've noticed this as well. With the game installed, the disc occasionally spins from startup - usually stopping around 20 minutes afterwards at the most. I've not noticed it continuing long after that though.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Only at start, usually by the time I'm ingame its stopped spinning, took me by surprise too.
    Think I read its a security check if there's indeed a physical drive in the loader and not some mod? I dunno that though, not up to date on that stuff.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.