Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Thoughts on New Lambent Enemy

CDUBBE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CDUBBE

Yesterday I got the new Game Informer with the large article about Gears of War 3. While it had a lot of great and promising information, one thing has me a bit worried, the new lambent infected locust.

While I'm always down for something new to fight, the way the article described it, it sounds like this new enemy will be the main threat throughout the game. The images showed the lambent as having a bunch of little crawling crab things that run at you and infect dead locust, and the infected locust. It said something along the lines of "as you shoot one of the lambent, they will start to mutate, growing longer arms/legs, and when you blow them apart, the upper half will continue to crawl and come to attack you". It just sounds a bit like Halo's Flood, Dead Space's Necro-morphs, and Resident evil 4 and 5. 

While it may not be a bad thing and most likely will be loads of fun, I'd don't want to be fighting the same kind of infection thing. The "grubs" will always be one of my favorite antagonists. 

Thoughts?
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Linkin10362

Yeah, I'm kinda on the line about the Lambent. It seems that they will be the major enemy of the game as even the Locust are scared of them. So of the designs look fun to fight (like the tentacles), but the ones that remind me of the Flood with all those regenerating crap may not be fun. 

Speaking of the Locust fearing the Lambent, am I the only one that thinks we might end up seeing a Locust/C.O.G team up. 
    I really hope I'm wrong, but who knows....  (if it does happen though, I hope it's just a agreement to fight the Lambent and then finish the fight between them afterwards)
    supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By supermonkey122

I also saw that GI article and since I hate the flood in halo I'm kinda worried it might turn out like that.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @Linkin10362:  
    Would be ultra sweet if maybe there was at least an alternate campaign where you play as the Locust fighting the lambent. Or at least a few chapters in the main game.
    supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By supermonkey122
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Linkin10362:  Would be ultra sweet if maybe there was at least an alternate campaign where you play as the Locust fighting the lambent. Or at least a few chapters in the main game. "

That would be freakin amazing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.