Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Will there be Single Player/Campaign DLC?

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnimalFather

Will there be storybased DLC? Like fighting Griffin and his army of hobos?

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Not until you play through Gears on a difficulty higher than normal...

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

Yes and no info about what it will be has been released yet.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Samaritan

Seeing as there's a fat "Coming Soon" in the Single Player menus, I'd say the chances are pretty likely.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AnimalFather

I would love a Clayton Carmine Gears game/DLC. Hes badass chocking a drone with one hand!

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I doubt it.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Cole and Baird are a given, I was confused they didn't let us play that in the first place.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Captain_Felafel said:

Seeing as there's a fat "Coming Soon" in the Single Player menus, I'd say the chances are pretty likely.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Cole and Baird are a given, I was confused they didn't let us play that in the first place.

God I hope so. They're such a much more likable duo than Marcus & Dom could ever hope to be. I haven't even played Gears 3 yet, though knowing that some Cole & Baird DLC could be on the way still has me excited <3. I know you get to play as Cole sometimes during the single player, though from what I've read it's still significantly less so than with Marcus' crew?

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

God I hope so. They're such a much more likable duo than Marcus & Dom could ever hope to be. I haven't even played Gears 3 yet, though knowing that some Cole & Baird DLC could be on the way still has me excited <3. I know you get to play as Cole sometimes during the single player, though from what I've read it's still significantly less so than with Marcus' crew?

Yeah they let you play with Cole/Baird/Sam/Carmine for a bit, but then it's just Marcus and his ragtag group that switches in and out of the spotlight.
    I kept hoping for a switchback to Cole and Baird, since they kinda just pop up again in the story after a long while (can't spoil really) and you're all like "Oh wow, I wonder how that came to be, can't wait to play it" and then that never happens which is a missed chance.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By damswedon

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Abyssfull said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Yeah they let you play with Cole/Baird/Sam/Carmine for a bit, but then it's just Marcus and his ragtag group that switches in and out of the spotlight. I kept hoping for a switchback to Cole and Baird, since they kinda just pop up again in the story after a long while (can't spoil really) and you're all like "Oh wow, I wonder how that came to be, can't wait to play it" and then that never happens which is a missed chance.

It would of killed the flow of the game if we had jumped back to Cole Baird and Carmine that late in the game. I could also see the other chapter being what happened to the guys that stayed behind in Act II.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damswedon said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Abyssfull said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Yeah they let you play with Cole/Baird/Sam/Carmine for a bit, but then it's just Marcus and his ragtag group that switches in and out of the spotlight. I kept hoping for a switchback to Cole and Baird, since they kinda just pop up again in the story after a long while (can't spoil really) and you're all like "Oh wow, I wonder how that came to be, can't wait to play it" and then that never happens which is a missed chance.

It would of killed the flow of the game if we had jumped back to Cole Baird and Carmine that late in the game. I could also see the other chapter being what happened to the guys that stayed behind in Act II.

Really? I was bored beyond believe with Marcus and Jace didn't really add much to the team either, it kinda dragged on from Mercy to Char to the Naval base...sick of the characters, sick of collecting stuff and sick of not changing back to the Cole Train who obviously had a good time as he showed on the radio communication, I think that putting the Cole and Baird section in just after the naval base would have been great.
    They're obviously on to something big, we hadn't seen em in a long while and they sounded like all the action was there.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By big_jon

How would we know?

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By niamahai

I want a Sam/Chloe/Morrigan prequel DLC. She was the best character in Gears3.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By saethir

I could have sworn that they said on the latest Weekend Confirmed that there was single player DLC coming that focused on new characters in different locales.

So, yes, and no.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Teran

@Abyssfull said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

You have trouble liking Marcus and Dom? I didn't... but I guess it's worth noting that all the characters in GoW3 are more likeable than they were in previous games. Their characters feel more fleshed out with a better scripts and the story manages to be far more personal than the previous games. Over all it's a real treat and unlike the previous games, I really wanted to learn more about each of the characters beyond what was available in the game.

Still, the game does do a pretty good job of switching people around which helps break things up for you a bit. As for how it works, in the game there are four main characters together as a squad at all times... the exact composition of the squads can vary but if you are player 1, you will always be Marcus or Cole. The game is broken down into 6 (I think) acts. You play one of the acts as Cole, the rest as Marcus. If you're not player one but playing co-op with two or more people you always have the chance to being Cole if he's present in the current "main" delta squad.

I played the game through with 2-player co-op, and my partner was basically Dom for all the acts in the game except for the one featuring Cole as player one (at which point she was Baird), and one later when Dom is off doing something else (she ended up playing as Anya).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.